Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I completely love Harry Potter!
But the thing with me about DH was, I thought there were a bunch of un-needed deaths. Don't get me wrong, it's a great book, just like, did Collin Creevey really need to die? Or Ted Tonks? Now that I think about it, it fits into the plot, but at the same time, I wish it didn't. There were so many deaths! I guess it really shows Voldemort's ruthlessness, but still, it depresses me.

I'm also letting you all know, I'm currently starting up a Harry Potter Discussion Forum! I think it deserves one! I'm not too great, but hopefully it will be open soon, and I will give you the link.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Well, they were in a war, and LOTS of people die during wars, so I'm guessing that was the point of all of them dying. COurse, that doesn't stop us from being sad about it...

And I already belong to a Harry Potter forum... even if its a little.. dead. Well, really dead. But if you want to make one for us Lex-people, that'd be cool.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Harry_Potter ... hp?act=idx
This is the link.
Thank you for those who register.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Happy Birthday Harry!
Now where's that old birthday banner of mine... but its from last year, and Harry's 29 now...
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Ohmygosh, it is Harry's birthday!
If I'm not in school, having to date all my papers, I lose track of what day it is.

Okay, so I took a quiz on facebook and it said Harry is a Pureblood, but I say he's a half-blood. I was wondering what the rest of y'all thought.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

He's half blood. James was a pure blood, Lilly was Muggleborn.
I've actually always wondered how they can possibly classify people as just pure blood and half blood and Muggle born. For instance, if your dad was half blood descended from a pure blood family, and your mother was a Muggle born, what would that make you? Quarter blood? That means there's 3/4 blood and 1/16th blood and 3/8th bloods and stuff!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

That's what I thought, but some people were trying to convince me that since Lily was a witch Harry was a pureblood. I just always have to check with other people's opinion.
They're blood system is kinda weird that way.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Yeah...
Their blood system is kinda weird.
If I ever met JKR, I would ask her about it.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I have started re-reading the series for the first time in years. I haven't read them since the summer Deathly Hallows came out. (I reread the whole series before reading DH when it came out.) So that's been what 4 yrs? There's parts I'd forgotten. And Peeves! How could they not put him in the movies? I love him!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Penny, I so agree with you on the peeves thing... I really would have loved for him to be in it...

Has it really been 4 years since DH came out... wow time has flown by...
I hasn't been too long since I read the whole series.. I'm on a break now I have already read them more times than I like to admit...(10 or maybe more times)....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house