School Traditions

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: School Traditions

Post by debussygirl »

Ok so this isn't an official "tradition" but I'm annoyed right now.
Every year we have a winter sports assembly and every year the guys in ASB do this horrible dance where they hump each other. It's sick. Everyone laughs but I get sooo annoyed because it's the same thing every year and the humor they're getting is very crude and shouldn't be at school.
Wow, I sounded like a prig just then, but I don't care it annoys me!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

samajama wrote:each year, we have a spirit week as many schools do. one of our traditions is that each grade gets a floor to decorate in a designated color (picked by the grade).
its realllyyy fun. our grade is easily the most spirited. generally, seniors win everything, but in our sophomore year, we won! it was amazing. we were supposed to win junior year, too, and the seniors even cheated!!! and still won, but oh well.

yeah, spirit week pretty much rocks. :)
Each grade had a hallway (yes, there were only 4 hallways in my school, lol) that we decorated every year during spirit week. I think it was spirit week. It was always around Halloween and since my school colors were black and orange I would pretend that they were Halloween decorations. :P
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

My school is pretty old, and uit was formed out of two even older schools however we dont have any tradtitions
however we do have a tradtional rivalry between our school (all girls) and the school 10mins down the road (which was all boys until a few years ago but it hasnt changed anything). the 2 sets of students like to beat each other at everything, even the teachers get really involved in it all
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Let's see, school traditions, ummm...
Each year we have a house athletics day, which is like the Sevens because everyone dresses up in crazy costumes. The winners of the fashion in the field were dressed up as packmen :D
I haven't actually been at my school very long so I can't think of any more!
psugar wrote:In the United States our grades go like this:
Kindergarten:5-6
1st grade:6-7
2nd grade:7-8
3rd grade:8-9
4th grade:9-10
5th grade:10-11
6th grade:11-12
7th grade:12-13
8th grade:13-14
9th grade:14-15
10th grade:15-16
11th grade:16-17
12th grade:17-18
Those are so different compared to ours, which is like the UK but we start college (high school) later. In between primary and college we have two years of intermediate.

At my old school, when we went on a 5 day camp in the South Island there was a camp legend: Possum Bill! We also had a rivalry with the other intermediate, which wasn't very fair because their school had at least 200 more kids than us.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

The first week of the school year the seniors go through and pick out a freshman. By that friday any unadopted freshman are free game. That Friday is called "The Fish Fry" where teachers overlook bullying and such and every adopted freshman has to wear a huge badge that says "I am adopted by...." and everyoen not wearing the badge gets stuffed in trashcans and rolled down the bleachers, pelted with water balloons, swirlied, stuffed in lockers and all that good stuff. After Fish Fry NO ONE is allowed to mess with any freshmen EVER. It's a good system get it all out at one time.

we allso have spririt week and each class decorates a hallway and band shows and stuff but I only ever participated in the Fish Fry....we also have the Roo Round-up (the school's mascott is Kangaroos) each summer where we show new students the school...actually we show thim which bathrooms kids smoke in and where there are no cameras...but same diff
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Probably the most honored tradition in our school district (and maybe in others, I'm not sure) is the 3rd grade Indian tour thing. We live on the site of the last Indian reservation in Ohio so every year after the 3rd graders learn a little bit about their heritage they get divided into tribes (I was a snake, cha!) and go around to look at all of the neat Indian stuff we have around here like Indian Mill, the Old Mission Church/cemetery, the Colonel Crawford monument (apparently he was tied to a post and had his scalp and ears cut off by some angry natives), the old Indian council house, the old museum and other places like that. It's really fun and everyone looks forward to it.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.