Europeans Unite

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Europeans Unite

Post by LilyMorgana »

Hi Cappu from Finland. :) I'm Nele from Belgium.
I also read the books in English. I didn't really have another choice at the time, but now I love the fact I got to read them in the original language too.
I love your topic suggestions so I'm going to answer some of your questions. :)

What kind of a car do you drive? Do you dream of a Silver Volvo or some other kind of Twilight-car?
I drive a silver Toyota Corolla and I love it. I also love the fact that there is actually a Toyota Corolla mentioned in the second chapter of Twilight. Mine isn't rusty though. I don't really want another car. I used to drive a sports car myself for a while and absolutely hated it. The only car I might want is Carlisle's Mercedes. It's very classy. 8-)

Do you have pets and tell us all about them!
I have a dog and his name is Milo. He's a beagle and he just loves doing things he's not allowed to do. I've got some pictures of him:
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh46 ... 009/16.jpg
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh46 ... 008/49.jpg
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

Oh, he's a cutie! :D Kinda reminds me of a dog I used to know. Well, actually it was my own dog's puppy. We gave him to my friend. He was a mixed-race pup, but a vet once thought he was some kind of rare breed that's most common in Germany. :lol: Funny thing. And sometimes people would say he looked like a beagle too.. I don't have any pets now. Well, unless you count the tiny black ants we've got running around every now and then.. We had some dogs when I was a kid. Now it looks like I might be allergic. I feel sorry for my kids because they can't have fluffy friends.. I'm thinking about getting an aquarium or some lizards some day. :D

We have a white Nissan Premera wagon. Real family car.. I dream of something more enviromental. I'm a bit 'green'.. Then there's other cars I dream of just because they're tiny and beautiful and get a good vibe from them. Of course when I'll finally get another car, I'm gonna look more into the specs and all.. I'm not gonna get some car just because it pretty. :lol: Some of the Cullen cars are pretty dazzling. But I'm not fantacising about them. I surfed some info of a more recent model of The VW Rabbit, and I loved it. But they're not sold in Finland so too bad for me.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

I have a springer spaniel who turns 1 tommorow, well today actually. it's 12:17 am here :D

Anyway, Molly ( My dog ) is an English Springer, with white and liver colouring. She loves puddles and long grass and is OBSESSED with my Mum. Seriously that pup would traverse the sahara to get to my Mum. :D She also gets jealous if I hug her :lol: She'll jump up and try to join in :P, once we didn't acknowledge her and she started whining :lol: It shouldn't be funny I guess, rather she needs better training, But still, hehe :D Molly is very hyper and used to have what we call her 'Schizo Hour' when she just ran around like a maniac for ages. :lol: But now she's more mature she doesn't do that anymore. I love my doggy sooooo much :D
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
LilyMorgana

Post by LilyMorgana »

^ Your dog sounds adorable.

Hmm ... It's quiet here again, isn't it? I'll answer another question then. :)

Do you know people that remind you of Twilight-characters?
My best friend actually reminds me a terrible lot of Bella. She is 18, has brown hair, brown eyes and has this sort of natural beauty. She doesn't like attention from people around her and is a bit difficult to get to know, but once you do know her, she's the best person ever. She is very loyal when it comes to love and prefers older men (and Edward is in a way older than Bella, right). She is very responsible and can take care of herself. She is now in a relationship and he means the world to her. The only difference I could find between them was that my friend isn't that unhandy. (And she doesn't have a vampire boyfriend of course.)
- Nele

LilyMorgana
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

soo, it's very quiet here...

What about a question( I don't know if this has already been asked..): Where in Europe have you been?

I've been to: Italy ( and Vatican city), Monaco, Sweden, Greece, France, Spain, Bulgaria
I think that was all, I would like to visit central-europe a bit more...
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
Carmen
Settled in Forks

Post by Carmen »

Hi! I'm Carmen and I'm from Switzerland. :)

I've been to France, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, UK and Cyprus.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I'm from Belgium. I have visit a lot of regions in the netherlands, germany and france when I was a kid. Other then that I went to Spain, England (London a few times, wanna see more).
Think that's it, quite sad actually.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
LilyMorgana

Post by LilyMorgana »

Since I'm from Belgium too, I've been in all the countries that border to Belgium. (Belgium's so small that you're in another country before you realize it. :lol:) So that would make: France, Germany, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. Other than that I've been in a few other ones like England (just London really), Spain, Italy, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia. I think that's all I've ever been to. Never left Europe in my life. I really should travel or something. See some other parts of the world.
- Nele

LilyMorgana
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

LilyMorgana, I think that you have already travelled pretty much :D

And soon I can add a country to my list: I'm going to England, London, in spring, wohooo!!
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

Uh-no. This thread is like a forgotten living dead, lost in the outskirts of Lexytown. Poor threat. Lets try blow some life to it, huh? 8-)

So pets and cars didn't take us far. What else kind of small talk is there? The weather? How has everyone's summer been so far?

In Finland it has been pretty equally rainy and sunny. I'd like more warm days. Rain and cold makes me feel like an old lady; makes my bones hurt. :lol: I took a trip to the Southern Finland with the kids in hopes of getting some warm weather (haha, it started raining the next day and it stayed gloomy all the rest of our time there) and spending time with nice people. Well, obviously it was a mistake to go see my family. I am no never talking to my mother anymore. She called my kids insulting names and other crap. I totally had enough of that when I was a kid, she's not ruining my kids' selfesteems too. I had a really bad raugh with her and left. Now she's trying to be like nothing has happened and I can't stand her voice. So I'm ignoring her. Call me a child if you will but only reason I've stand her the past 9 years was because I wanted my kids to have a grandmother. But they're better off without that one. They still have a perfect one right here in our town. JT's mom. Oops. Sorry to burst all too much information. I do that sometimes.. :oops:

Hey, what do you guys read? Any recommendations on books or fanfic or whatnot? :D I just read "The prom nights from Hell", five short stories centered on prom night. I'm sure you know it, Stephenie had written one of them. I loved them all. Only flaw with all of them: they were too short. I would have loved to read them all as full books. I plan to read more of those authors now and The Brotherhood-books too and others I've found but just can't remember right now. I'd also love to "go back to my roots" and read more David Eddings again. I used to love his books on my teens when I originally got into books. :)
Fanfics I've liked.. Wide Awake, of course. And Wingtear makes great La Push-stories. She's also my new friend. First Lexicon-friend I've met in real life. I went to her wedding party week ago saturday. It was great. Awesome people in Åland. Åland is a part of Finland, a big set of islands in the South West of Finland. The boat trip there was dull but everything else was great! :)
If someone here is into Joan of Arcadia- TV series that crashed and burned, TeeJay and DebMac have written a beautiful, long story about Joan and Adam called Butterflies. It's in fanfic.net. It's mainly pg13 but it has additional chapters that are filled with smut if that's what you're into. It's really great! They really got the characters down! :D