Europeans Unite

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Europeans Unite

Post by strawberry »

Lieziewiezie wrote:
I have a question. People from non-english speaking countries, in which language did you read the books? In your own language, or in english?

I read them all in english personally. I love reading books in the original language.
I read all four books (and The Host) in english. I just enjoy reading books in the original language more too.

Here in Austria the new release date is the 15. Jannuary. That´s one week earlier than the original release date.
I hate it that we have to wait so long till we are able to see it.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I've been to Europe. Are any of you in Salamanca Spain?
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
daydream
Settled in Forks

Post by daydream »

edward x lover wrote:I've been to Europe. Are any of you in Salamanca Spain?
I'm not from there, I'm from Portugal! But I've been there and I was going there to study :)
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

cool I went there and it was SO pretty. I took classes at the University of Salamanca and we visited portugal =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
newyorkaise
Settled in Forks

Post by newyorkaise »

Hello there! I'm not new to the Twilight Boards, I came pretty frequently before the whole hacking thing... back then there was a European thread and these 4 girls from England seemed to come on there a lot. However it seems to me the crowd has changed since then?

I am not really European... well half! I wsa born and raised in the US but I have French citizenship because of my father. I speak, read, and write French fluently. Right now I am doing my junior year abroad in both Spain and France. So this means I am right now studying in the south of Spain until December and then I go on to study in France for the spring semester. If you want to know anything about Andalucia (or Malaga I should say, that is the city I am in right now) ask away!

They have the Twilight books here, I went to this bookstore called FNAC (pretty popular in France) and they had the books for sale in English and in Spanish. I've already read all the Twilight books (the first 3 my sister owns and I bought my own copy of Breaking Dawn) so I didn't bother buying them. However they had the Host in English and I was very tempted to buy it... until I saw how much it weighed! I decided to ask my parents to buy it for me as an Xmas gift!

Anybody else from Spain here??? If so, I absolutely love your country... except for the fact that guys here are waaaay more persistent than American boys! :D
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Hi!

I'm a European Twilight fan, too - from Austria, to be precise! And I'm thrilled that I'm not the only Austrian here!!!!

Btw stawberry: where did you get the information about the movie release date from???? I thought that's just the German release date??? :?

I read all the books in English, too. In fact, I only read books in English (way better!!!)! Are you guys going to watch the movie in English or your native tongue? I'm definitely going to watch it in English. The German trailer sounded simply wrong (in every way: the voices the words... :x )!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

Austria and Spain!
That's so cool!

I'm from Britain!
Wales to be percise!

More commonly knows as the rave capital of the world! :lol:
(it isn't really, although the parties here are good!)

It's so cool that there are people fomr ehre fomr all over the world!
I love this site!You meet everyone! :D
ImageEdward Cullen
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

vampire_elf wrote:
Btw stawberry: where did you get the information about the movie release date from???? I thought that's just the German release date??? :?

I read all the books in English, too. In fact, I only read books in English (way better!!!)! Are you guys going to watch the movie in English or your native tongue? I'm definitely going to watch it in English. The German trailer sounded simply wrong (in every way: the voices the words... :x )!

actually, it is the German release date but I think that movies are always released the same day in Austria and Germany (at least I hope that they are) and I didn´t read anything about a specific Austrian release date, so I really hope that it is the same date.

yeah, I´m definitely going to watch Twilight in english. The German trailer sounded horrible :?
Meiko
Settled in Forks

Post by Meiko »

I'm from Spain! :D Andalucía to be precise!

I'm a fanatic of Twilight too!! *-*

newyorkaise: Yes!! The guys here are very very persistent!! :lol:
Carmen
Settled in Forks

Post by Carmen »

Hi everyone!

I'm also from Europe - from Switzerland ;)