Canadian thread eh?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Canadian thread eh?

Post by oleander »

Yay! A Canadian thread!

I'm a proud Canuck from New Brunswick (the province, not the city in New Jersey).

I can't remember who mentioned Cape Breton, but wow, no wonder it's your favourite place, it's a beautiful island. I've been camping there and travelled through and would love to go back again.
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

^ New Brunswick? Haha, same as me, though it can be extremely boring - I swear the province is just made up in pine trees plus hills :D Oh and Cape Breton is wonderful, I've gone a few times for camping, plus one of my old-ish friends had a cottage there. Nova Scotia in general is great, I love Halifax, I always miss there shopping and the historic buildings.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I'm Canadian, and proud of it! (:
I live in Ontario about an hour and a half outside of Toronto, and about an hour and a half from the border to the US. I've been there a few times. Only New York to go to Fantasy Island, and skiing at Kissing Bridge. I really hope to go to the Walldon Galleria ( I think that is how you spell it?). All my friends go there and tell me I should, I hope to go there soon! (:
I also want to go to many other States, like California and Florida.. just to name a few.
I've been to Quebec before. But thats the only other province besides Ontario, I've been to. When I was there I didn't even know it! :P
We were in Ottawa for a 4 day end of the school year trip and for about half a day we were in Quebec. We went to a muesum first, and everything was in French. I said to my friend "how come I can't read anything? It's all in French?!!" and shes like were in Quebec! :P I felt really stupid. Our teacher didn't tell us we were going there. :(
I really hope to go to all the provinces in Canada, and many other places all over the world. I really want to travel, because my family doesn't. So when I am older, I hope to! :)
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

I travelled to Ottawa a few weeks ago with my family. We drove to Quebec too, it was a pretty long drive from where I live :?
I've also been to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI. It was beautiful there. Next step would be to travel to eastern Canada!

btw I love you banner, Krystal!
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

porscheturbo911 wrote:
cutesweetiezzz wrote:Omg!!
porscheturbo911, you from British Columbia???
Me too!
I'm from Vancouver!!!
I can't wait for the 2010 winter Olympics as well.
Cool! I'm from Vancouver too! :D
OME!!!
*dies*
You....*breathe*.... in Vancouver?!
Wow, this is like the first person I met on the Lex or OAL that lives in Vancouver.
*high five*
Just wondering I don't want to sound stalkerish, but I'm just wondering do I know you.
haha.
Maybe I can PM you, if that's okay?
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

loverboyis wrote:^ New Brunswick? Haha, same as me, though it can be extremely boring - I swear the province is just made up in pine trees plus hills :D Oh and Cape Breton is wonderful, I've gone a few times for camping, plus one of my old-ish friends had a cottage there. Nova Scotia in general is great, I love Halifax, I always miss there shopping and the historic buildings.
yeah, NB can be pretty boring by times. i've figured out over the years that it's all about the people you're with. i try to surround myself with crazy people who can have fun in just about any situation.

i LOVE Halifax. I was just there last month and spent two days just wandering around and hanging out at the Public Gardens.
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

That's true, end of the day it comes down the people your with ...
Hah, wow that was a Halmart-Card moment lol, but it is true ;) Though I can not help but love the city lights and ridiculously tall buildings .. I always have a soft spot for city life. Which reminds me, I'm having a major craving to visit Toronto, I miss the CN Tower and Queen Street, haven't been there since I was 14, only 2 years ago but still.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
Sabeth
Settled in Forks

Post by Sabeth »

I'm in Nova Scotia, about 15 minutes from Cape Breton. I've never been outside of Canada yet but I am planning on doing some traveling once I finish high school.
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

loverboyis wrote:Which reminds me, I'm having a major craving to visit Toronto, I miss the CN Tower and Queen Street, haven't been there since I was 14, only 2 years ago but still.
Queen Street!! That's my second home, I love the stores there and of course, muchmusic :)
clumsy_bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by clumsy_bella »

I don't live in Canada, but I almost do. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, right across Lake Superior from Ontario. Everyone that's not from here pretty much think's we're Canada anyways. I've also been to Ontario before.
Banner made by...not me. Thank you liveandlove19, whoever you are.