Canadian thread eh?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Canadian thread eh?

Post by LadyDi »

I thought I better pipe up - yep, I'm from the Great White North (Bob and Doug Mackenzie anyone?).
I'm in Ontario (I won't get much more specific in a public conference, sorry!)

The Lex is marvelous because when I was at the Midnight Release party for Breaking Dawn at our local Chapters, I wore my Lexicon shirt. I was feeling slightly vulnerable (when you are a 30-something year old fan surrounded by teens at an event, you can feel a bit alone in a crowd) when someone came up to me and gave me a high-five because she said "The Lex? I love that place!" She was wearing a cool Volturi outfit for the costume competition. If she's on here, I want to let her know that she made my night (okay, getting Breaking Dawn was the highlight, but she was second place!)

Sadly, I discovered Twilight two weeks after the big visit by Stephenie to Canada. Just my bad luck! Maybe one day ...
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
fymd_mk
Settled in Forks

Post by fymd_mk »

thank you thank you pel!!!

I'm canadian :) ontario, about half an hour from Toronto.
malaz wrote:
luv_edward_cullen wrote:I live in Ontario!!! Toronto, to be more specific. I love downtown Toronto, it's where all of the good stuff is :P
totally agree with you. I mean, the Eaton Center, amazing mall everrr.
you know what i miss mostly from toronto is "Pizza Pizza" - they make the best pizza, EVER!!
I love the Missisaga area too <333
omg! pizza pizza! I just got back from a vacation in Ohio and I made my dad stop and buy pizza pizza as soon as we got over the border! ;) I was born in Mississauga now I'm in a small town outside of Pickering/Markham area if any of you know where that is lol.
mara-kate <3
~ VMT Queen of Dreams ~
* Team Edward! * Team Emmett! * Team Ian! * Team COSIMO! *
R4T5 ~ because VAMPIRE LLAMAS are just that cool
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

Yay for Canada! :D

I can't wait for winter. It's annoyingly hot right now/ not (we actually didn't have that hot of a summer). I hope winter is vicious this year!
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

Yay, I'm Canadian! :) I live in British Columbia and I can't wait for the 2010 winter Olympics!
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

Omg!!
porscheturbo911, you from British Columbia???
Me too!
I'm from Vancouver!!!
I can't wait for the 2010 winter Olympics as well.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
xBellaWannabe
Settled in Forks

Post by xBellaWannabe »

Canadian here! I don't play hockey though and I rarely eat maple syrup. I live about forty five minutes from down town Toronto and love going there. Anyone from around New Market? : ) And Malaz, I agree 100%! Eaton Center is amazing.
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

When I lived in Niagara Falls (the New York side), I used to go to Canada all the time, we usually stayed in the Ontario area
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

cutesweetiezzz wrote:Omg!!
porscheturbo911, you from British Columbia???
Me too!
I'm from Vancouver!!!
I can't wait for the 2010 winter Olympics as well.
Cool! I'm from Vancouver too! :D
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

fymd_mk wrote:thank you thank you pel!!!

I'm canadian :) ontario, about half an hour from Toronto.
malaz wrote:
luv_edward_cullen wrote:I live in Ontario!!! Toronto, to be more specific. I love downtown Toronto, it's where all of the good stuff is :P
totally agree with you. I mean, the Eaton Center, amazing mall everrr.
you know what i miss mostly from toronto is "Pizza Pizza" - they make the best pizza, EVER!!
I love the Missisaga area too <333
omg! pizza pizza! I just got back from a vacation in Ohio and I made my dad stop and buy pizza pizza as soon as we got over the border! ;) I was born in Mississauga now I'm in a small town outside of Pickering/Markham area if any of you know where that is lol.
I live in Mississauga! (which is like right beside toronto)

is that Alex Evans in your banner, fymd_mk?
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

fymd_mk wrote: omg! pizza pizza! I just got back from a vacation in Ohio and I made my dad stop and buy pizza pizza as soon as we got over the border! ;) I was born in Mississauga now I'm in a small town outside of Pickering/Markham area if any of you know where that is lol.
haha, it's so addicting. the crust is like the best and mmmmmm.....

xBellaWannabe - i hate hockey and i don't eat maple syrup either. not much of a canadian here XD.
yes, the Eaton Center is wonderful. It takes forever to get through it all. infact you can't go through it all in just one day.

simple_love♫ - ahh, that's so cool!!
Niagara Falls is gorgeous - the best natural scenery i've ever seen in my life (other than driving to kenora with all the forests and ponds and tallllll trees and lakes and it was just...wow). I've been there once, and it's gorgeous. it was raining the whole time though.