Nails

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Nails

Post by missp »

Ina EssBe wrote:....Hi! I'm probably one of the very few women in this whole wide world, who doesn't like manicure and especially nail varnish :? All I do is cut my nails and polish...and I like them rather short too....I know, some of my friends are simply horror struck :roll: :D
I like mine short, too. But, I simply have to have them manicured because if I do it myself it looks like a kindegartener has done it! God forbid I should ever do my own toes! :lol:
Ina EssBe
Wandering Through Town

Post by Ina EssBe »

Chernaudi wrote:
So I assume that you're kinda in the Kristen Stewart bracket of that relm--just slap some nail polish on stubby nails? Nothing wrong with that, as Kristen does it all the time but that's what your comment reminds me of.

:D I think I'm a little bit worse than Kristen :D

missp wrote:
I like mine short, too. But, I simply have to have them manicured because if I do it myself it looks like a kindegartener has done it! God forbid I should ever do my own toes! :lol:

....I even hate other people doing it for me :lol: and I don't even think about the toes - cutting is all they get :oops: :P

Sorry, off the topic: I still need to figure out how to write a name next to the quote bubble - I tried many times but it won't happen for me :cry:
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hola you guys, I'm Chrissy. =) I'm just now learning to properly take care of my nails. I know, horrible lol. With that, I'm also learning to get creative with them. So, I bought some Sally Hansen nail art pens, despite the fact that I can't draw or neatly paint. I want to try and do a Jack Skellington design based on Nightmare Before Christmas. I've looked at a few YouTube videos to try to get some ideas and tips. This little project will probably go wrong on so many levels lol, but, I'm going to try and maybe if anyone is interested I'll post a few pictures to show.

EDIT: Ok, I drew it out on paper first. It came out a bit if-y. I know the spike-like things on jack's suit look horrendously horrible but I only put them on to see how it would look. I'm only focused on the head/face.
Jack Theme
Sally Theme I don't know if you guys can see the stitching detail in black. It's supposed to represent her patched clothing.
Cover/Background I know it's bad :lol: I tried to do the moon but it came out waaaay bigger than I'd expected. Plus it looks like the sun now =/. AND THEN I realized I'm doing this on my nails..... why are these draft painting so HUGE?! :lol:

If you haven't seen the movie or don't remember the characters here are the 2 that I've decided on so far.
Jack
Sally
Cover
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

Ahhh. Now I wanna watch that movie.
Don't know exactly how many times I've seen it.
How bout a sonic theme. X3. Knuckles. Just him. Maybe Tails. Or Rouge.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Chelsea I could see. I don't have many colors right now so I would have to look them and maybe watch a tutorial on how to paint Sonic out. But I'll look into it when I do a video game theme. Which will probably be soon thanks to you. =)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

Sweet. Sweet.
Be sure to do good games. And don't be afraid ask me for ideas.

BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Ok, so I tried to do the spikes on Sonics head but I couldn't get them right. #FAIL

The Nightmare Before Christmas nails was a #TotalFAIL I got my left hand to look decent and then smudged it trying to do the right hand. So my nails are clear this week. =/
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

Awwwwwwwwwww.
I usually go with simple things, like letters, maybe small symbols.

21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

My nails look horrible right now! Last week I painted them red, but now they are chipped and need to be filed really bad lol!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Ok, I've still been trying some different things with the nail art. These are last weeks nails. I had pink and purple tips with pink, purple and turquoise glitter. ONE

These are this weeks nail. You can't really see with my suck camera but its a hot pink tip that I "marbled" with a light frosted pink. It has black and white stripes with silver glitter stripes. This is my first time actually using my nail art polishes. My hands shake really bad and I don't do very well with my left hand (righty!).
ONE
TWO
THREE

I know they suck but tell me what you think. :)