Singers raise your voice.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Singers raise your voice.

Post by simple_love♫ »

BreakingTwilight wrote:Big singer here. Love to sing and used to do it all the time in church, back when I went, long story there...no need to bring you all into it. :) Anyhow, I did alot of singing then and now, though now it is mainly for my wife. She has a select few she likes to hear (Lady In Red, If Tomorrow Never Comes). One of my biggest honors was my uncles wife asking me to sing at his funeral. He passed on from a heart attack, 1 month after retiring. Anyhow, he liked to hear me sing so, I did it but, it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and I have no clue how I got through it. This is the song I sang.

Go Rest High by Vince Gill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRyKg5xMaXA

I CANNOT sing that high..so the pinao player changed it to a octave I could hit and we went with it.
I love Vince Gill!!!

I love to sing yesterday when I went shopping, I was prancing around Forever 21 Singing "That song in my head" and this one girl was like "Oh my gosh you sound just like Julianne Hough"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh4L7qvUiEM
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Fanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Fanpire »

I love singing....but I don't think I'm really that good....I just sing in Choir in my school and in shower and with my friends that singstar game
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Fanpire wrote:I love singing....but I don't think I'm really that good....I just sing in Choir in my school and in shower and with my friends that singstar game
If you like singing with your friends you'll love Rock Band! Have you played the game yet?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

I love singing!!! Whoot! It rocks. :-) I play the piano, and I think it would be awesome to sing on Broadway. I'm in the second most elite choir at my school. This year I sing soprano one, but last year I was an alto one, so I have a decent range. But I'm not used to singing soprano one... I've been soprano two before. We have one song with seven high F's in a row, and then 3 high G's... does anyone have any suggestions on singing high notes?

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409
Twilight_girl15
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilight_girl15 »

i am a saprano singer and i get told all the time that i sound like evanecence and i have a whisper in your ear type of voice i am also the lead singer whenever there are plays and what not
Just when you think things can't get any worse.....they do.
But....I've learned that life is like hour glass sand.
Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom,
but all you have to do is be patient and wait
for something to turn everything around.
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

~twilight_princess~ wrote: We have one song with seven high F's in a row, and then 3 high G's... does anyone have any suggestions on singing high notes?
I'm an alto I. The best advice I can give you is make sure you are standing straight, get a nice belly full deep breath, and have space in the back of your mouth. (raise your soft pallet, jaw relaxed like you would have it if you were yawning.) Those are the basics and help me the most.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Ms.BelleFlanders
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ms.BelleFlanders »

Singing Mariah is really relaxing. Not that I really can sing, but I try (not disturb my neightbors) :roll: :oops:
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

simplymortal314 wrote:
~twilight_princess~ wrote: We have one song with seven high F's in a row, and then 3 high G's... does anyone have any suggestions on singing high notes?
I'm an alto I. The best advice I can give you is make sure you are standing straight, get a nice belly full deep breath, and have space in the back of your mouth. (raise your soft pallet, jaw relaxed like you would have it if you were yawning.) Those are the basics and help me the most.
To add to that, make sure your jaw is positioned forward, as though it was on a shelf (that's why my chorus teacher would say). The easier way to think about it is to look forward and rest your chin on the top of your hand. The palm of your hand should be flat and leveled, similar to a shelf.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Angel_Vamp
Learning to Love Green

Post by Angel_Vamp »

I love to sing, we just did Fiddler on the Roof for our musical in May, it was surprising because most of us (like me) didn't think it would be fun and that it was just going to be boring since its a classic, but it was actually pretty fun.

I sing Descant Soprano, which is also known as a Soprano 1

Twilight_Princess: It helps if you don't drink milk or anything caffeinated before you sing, caffeine dehydrates you, and milk coats your vocal cords, also breathe from your diaphram, ohh and it helps doing warm ups like scales, practice exercises and breathing exercises.
Ritybuds
Settled in Forks

Post by Ritybuds »

Angel_Vamp wrote:I love to sing, we just did Fiddler on the Roof for our musical in May, it was surprising because most of us (like me) didn't think it would be fun and that it was just going to be boring since its a classic, but it was actually pretty fun.
I would love to do the classics!!! Any and all of them!! But alas, I am about to go to my 10th High school reunion...so I don't think I'll be staring in one any time soon :)

I've been singing for as long as I can remember, I had my first solo when I was 2. I sang for our town's centenial. Now, I get to lead worship at our church every Sunday; that's really fun. We have a full band and my husband is the main worship leader so t's a blast!(If you're interesed his myspace is Ben Kauffman, you can hear bits and pices of his CD) We have monthly Jam nights where we just hang out in eachother's garages and pretend we're a garage band. :lol:

I hope that all of you who have the chance go hard for your goal of being awesome singers!! Good Luck to all of you!!!!
Rity Buds Image
THE AFTER CAR