Singers raise your voice.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Singers raise your voice.

Post by Pel »

So, I noticed a lot of people are involved in acting/playing an indtrument, and I wondered who was into singing here on the lex.

I am DEFININTELY a singer. Broadway is my dream (AS stupid and overdone as that sounds), along with the Juliard. Juliard is something I've wanted since I was six.

We're doing our school musical, and it's -drumroll- HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!

-gags- I don't like it, but it IS kind of fun to put on....just don't like the main storyline....

By the way, I sing Soprano, and a high one at that.

~Ashe
Ruby
Learning to Love Green
Location: my body is here, but my head and heart are elsewhere...

Re: Singers raise your voice.

Post by Ruby »

I'm definitely a singer! I want to major in music performance when I go to college. I can't wait. I think we might be doing HSM for our musical too. I really hope not, because just watching it makes me want to gag. But I guess if we do it I'll just have to get over it.

By the way, I'm a soprano too.
ImageImageImageImage
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

I love to sing!
Woot Proud Alto one here to post!
I am right now in the women's choir at my school since I didn't make it into Concert choir. That's okay though.
Currently I'm taking Summer voice lessons and today is my last one. I used to only be able to reach a G before my voice cracked now I'm singing a high B flat with no problems. It makes me really happy. I'm slowly getting better at sight reading.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Alto side! Yay, simplymortal, we stand together. We had a strong rivalry in our high school chorus between the two sides. I could sing both parts, but I stayed on the alto side because everyone knows the Soprano parts in most music, it's the main part! I miss singing (sniff* sniff*) I got to sing at Disney's Candlelight during the Christmas season one year and it's one of the best experiences I've had. If anyone gets the chance to go, don't pass it up!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm a soprano and I LOVE to sing! Typically I sing only in church, but we have the singstar game and it is SO much fun, it's like karaoke to a whole new level. When I was in high school I sang with my church choir and in a few school musicals. It was SO much fun!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

*pounds chest with one fist* Alto Pride!
Well my last voice lesson went well. I reached a high B this time. It was amazing and now I'm starting school with more confidence with my singing. Although I'm getting so good with singing high that the director is considering on switching me to Soprano two. Depending on my progression. He needs more people that can sing up there and stay there. So if were to be switched I would be an alto at heart because I love singing the harmonies. One of my favorite songs I've sang this past year was Call of the flowers, here's a link to me singing my part: link.
I love singing!
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

All throughout my young choir career I was an alto, but now I have moved up to Mezzosoprano.

For me, singing is just something that comes naturally. I definately don't have a lovely operatic voice like some of my friends, but I do have a belt. ;D

The sad part is, is that I think all of my years of intense choir training has ruined my good ole loud and proud Broadway like voice. However, I am trying my best to get it back.
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
Pizza??
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Pizza?? »

Alto here!!!!
I sing, not well, but I sing. I love choir, and Im sad that I wont be in it anymore.
We have one of the best High School Music Directors in the state of Washington.
It was an honor to be in her class.
Iris Messenger
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Iris Messenger »

second soprano — one of the hardest parts to sing in a big group ... particularly when you're capable of both alto and soprano parts.

i've been singing since forever, started voice lessons five months ago, and am involved in a local chorus!

My dream role in a musical would probably be Velma Kelley in Chicago — I love the songs "Cell Block Tango" and "All That Jazz"
and i love playing a sassy, wicked character!

Anyone else's dream parts?
http://portabellaswan.wordpress.com/ <--- fanfiction/twilight blog
http://twilightirc.wordpress.com/ <--- twilight chat
click on banner for graphics gallery

banner and avatar made by me: i take requests
Paprika
Wandering Through Town

Post by Paprika »

My dream role, although there is NO way I have the voice for it...Christine in Phantom of the Opera. Even for just one show....on stage with the phantom, would me awesome!!!! It helps that I know the entire score from heart:P
Come on and pick me up, somebody clear the wreckage from the blast....-Jack's Mannequin, The Resolution

So I know I'm not alone in a world full of Vampires-Jack's Mannequin, Cell Phone