Singers raise your voice.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Singers raise your voice.

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Wow you guys I'm impressed with the talent around here :D

I myself was originally an alto. I worked on my MezzoSoprano during high school and have done some musicals.
We performed High school musical (I was Gabriella) Phantom of the Opera (my first play in high school)( I played Meg Giri) And during senior year in high school we did pieces from the Wizard of Oz, The Whiz, And of course Wicked!!! I landed the role of Elphaba. I did 7 songs from Wicked and i just had to do my Wicked Witch laugh for the Wizard of Oz. it was fun. I'm in college now and haven't been performing for over a year. I want to go back to choir or musical theatre during Spring semmester. It would be soo much fun :D. i would also like to act in Rent one day. My impossible dream is Broadway. But one can dream only. i always sing in the car on my way to work or going out. It's fun to keep up with singing :D
Alanna
Settled in Forks

Post by Alanna »

I did a bunch of musical theatre in high school, but now at my college there isn't any at all. This summer I am in 'interesting' production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I don't personally enjoy most of ALW's stuff, but it's fun enough. Due to lack of men, we have sopranos (like me) filling in as brothers, which according to my director will 'just work' because the show was written for a boys choir... but we'll see. We open this week!

I just started looking into voice lessons for Fall, and hope to be able to get a hang of this whole belting thing that's so popular. I've been told by a few people my voice is just meant for classical music, but that personally gives me incentive to prove them wrong. And I am constantly being told a bunch of crazy stuff by musical people, like that I didn't have a chest voice...? Which I discovered I did actually have last summer.

All through high school they had me sing alto which was really hard without knowing how to sing in chest voice, but now I sing soprano and my range on a good day with warm-up is Gb below midC to D above highC.

My dream-role would probably be Julia in The Wedding Singer (too bad it closed), Lucy in Jekyll & Hyde, or either of the women in Songs For A New World. Jason Robert Brown is my favourite, with a close second of Scott Alan.
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

Iris Messenger wrote:the largest musical i've been in was Oklahoma!, which was this summer ... tons of fun, lots of cheesiness.

i was a cowboy named Fred as well as one of three singers in the Dream Sequence — i had several lines, the best songs, and a few beautiful solos!

Because our director was terrible (we had our first full dress rehearsal ON the day of our first performance and had only JUST gotten the blocking done), all the cowboys came into the last scene being quite "drunk" ... though we had to sober up pretty quickly to sing the closing number. haha, good times! We put the WHOLE musical on in three weeks of six hour a day working on it, not to mention the time at home working. I'd pretty much sleep until dinner when I got home.

Fettucini ... interesting ...
Oh my God, that must've been intense lol. 3 WEEKS??? Woah, that's not a lot of time....

Yeah, the shortest show I had to ever put on was actually a play. It was a 15 person version of the Reduced Shakespeare Company (kind of impossible) and we only had a week and a half to throw it together. But the good part was was that it is the type of show where everything is pretty much improv. lol

Yeah...I was eating and I was like...that would be a cute name for a cat. I mean, it's not as random as Mungojerrie...but I thought it was cute lol.
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
Iris Messenger

Post by Iris Messenger »

awesome!

yeah, i was a bit shocked when i realized how short an amount of time three weeks is — i mean, i've been in a half-hour condensation of A Midsummer Night's Dream (as Puck), and getting ready took months. Admitted, we were only spending two or three hours a day on it because it was a school production, but still ...

haha, my friend once told me that spinnaker (the name for a type of sail) would be a good name for a cat — so why not fettucini! Definitely not as random as Mungojerrie
http://portabellaswan.wordpress.com/ <--- fanfiction/twilight blog
http://twilightirc.wordpress.com/ <--- twilight chat
click on banner for graphics gallery

banner and avatar made by me: i take requests
Elena Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Elena Cullen »

yea, i'm a singer... and i have a BOATLOAD of music to learn for auditions, ones in a few weeks (i know the basics for that song, its just perfection now) and one in october, for which i need to look at the music SO BADLY! aaaaaaaaaaaaaah
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

I'm an alto in choir.... I don't like choir I want to quit I'm soooo not putting up with it next year
we sing the stupidest songs like "Can I have my ticket" and "Kyrie" "let all the world in every corner sing"
I just can't take it anymore. I love to sing just not those songs...
That's why I learned guitar so I can sing to songs I like
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Zafrina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zafrina »

I'm a Mezzo-Sop :)

I sing in a choir and we've travelled all over the world singing. This month we went to Australia and sung in the Sydney Opera House it was AMAZING. I've also sung in the Royal Albert Hall with them infront of the Queen for her 80th Birthday Prom.

I'd love to encourage everyone to join a choir because you get such great oppotunites and make the best of friends. It's brilliant.
Avatar by Dani - Signature by Me
ltxc
Wandering Through Town

Post by ltxc »

Ahhh...I love to sing!
Unfortunately, I'm in my school's orchestra because I play in the local symphony and they require that you join your school's orchestra. Bleh. Sucks so bad.
Plus, I'm pretty shy about singing in front of people because it makes me feel naked?
Hahaha. I feel like singing is something I keep for myself to listen and a few friends. I would love to perform, but my parents want me to continue to play the typical instruments.
|:|:|:avatar credits:|:|:| drunk_machine & sarahdoesdesign
Iris Messenger

Post by Iris Messenger »

i play fiddle and classical violin as well as sing — it can be done! (that translates to two hours of music practice though ...)

i feel bad for not singing at ALL lately ... i need to find some new songs to learn!

i know what you mean about feeling naked when singing — i mean, especially if people have heard you're a good singer, there's so much pressure to be as good as they've imagined.
http://portabellaswan.wordpress.com/ <--- fanfiction/twilight blog
http://twilightirc.wordpress.com/ <--- twilight chat
click on banner for graphics gallery

banner and avatar made by me: i take requests
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

Oh man I feel like that too. I sing all the time. At the store, in the car, at my house, at my friends house. Anywhere. I'm concious that people are listening but at the same time I don't care. But when I'm performing... it's a different story. I'm so nervous. I forget the lyrics and I pretty much end up shaking by the end of the performance. Is there any way to get over that?

I tried so many tactics but nothing ever works. It's weird because when I'm singing, like at a store, I know people are watching me or listening... but that doesn't bother me. But when I'm in front of people... Why is that?

Does that happen to anyone else?
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||