Not Big, Not Small either

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Not Big, Not Small either

Post by Elizabeth »

srabrgr wrote:Well I'm 5'10 and not going to put my weight, it is a LOT. I'm not really big, or tiny I am average, I just weigh a bunch cause I work out a bit much. All of my friends are dancers around 5'0 and weigh like 108lbs so I stick out in our little group lol, but I hate when they complain about their weight, it just like "Umm, if you and your tiny 108lb self think YOUR big, what are you thinking about ME"
But you're not big, and you can't compare yourself to them because you're not them. They're short, you're not. Your weight is proportioned to your height and your body type. And the reason you may feel you weigh "a lot" is because muscle weighs more than fat, and I'm assuming that you're pretty toned. So you take care of yourself by staying fit? That's awesome! Give yourself some credit, don't beat yourself up over it. And if you're friends can't talk about anything but their weight, they've got some issues of their own to deal with- again, that's their problem, not yours.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

Elizabeth wrote:
srabrgr wrote:Well I'm 5'10 and not going to put my weight, it is a LOT. I'm not really big, or tiny I am average, I just weigh a bunch cause I work out a bit much. All of my friends are dancers around 5'0 and weigh like 108lbs so I stick out in our little group lol, but I hate when they complain about their weight, it just like "Umm, if you and your tiny 108lb self think YOUR big, what are you thinking about ME"
But you're not big, and you can't compare yourself to them because you're not them. They're short, you're not. Your weight is proportioned to your height and your body type. And the reason you may feel you weigh "a lot" is because muscle weighs more than fat, and I'm assuming that you're pretty toned. So you take care of yourself by staying fit? That's awesome! Give yourself some credit, don't beat yourself up over it. And if you're friends can't talk about anything but their weight, they've got some issues of their own to deal with- again, that's their problem, not yours.
True,true. And thank you, I feel better now =D
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
cullen grl 17
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen grl 17 »

im not skinny but im not obese either. i wear a size 4/5,im 110 lbs. and im 5 ft. i hate when ppl make fun of other ppl for their weight. its really cruel. but for a while this summer i started worring about my weight and i never would have learned to accept myself for who i am without my friend's help! she was always there for me when i was feeling down about it. and i just want to say that all of you girls are perfect the way you are, you shouldnt try to change your self to impress others, God made you for who you are for a reason, because he loves you and you are all Unique in your own way!!!you have to have Confidence in your self and be able to think of yourselfs as Beautiful!!! :D :D
***But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it;
for in the day that thou eatest thereof
thou shalt surely die***
netnut
Wandering Through Town

Post by netnut »

I have a really weird body. I have a "gut" and no waist because i have a really broad rib cage that ends where basically my hips start. I also have really broad shoulders. I generally just think im really unproportional. sometimes I like my body and sometimes I dont. I get gassy and bloated really easily so when i become like that i usually go through "im fat" phase. But i never truely think Im fat. I really loved my body this past year when I was living in san francisco and walking everywhere, cause it definitly slimmed down like 3 pant sizes, but now that I live back in phoenix and sit at home and eat and dont walk anywhere, I've put on some weight. I can luckily say that I still fit into my same size 28" jeans, but like i said, if i've overeaten that day or eaten something that bloats me up, I'll look like i have a tire going around my waist. It seems like i overeat everyday too, its bad. Im thinking of seeing someone about my food problem, cause for as long as i can remember, my mind has always basically centralized and fantasized about food, & i can eat like 3 big meals in one sitting, a couple times a day.

Ive tried doing exercises for my abdomen area but i just find that they really dont work. I'd really like to get into a yoga routine soon though. I dont eat dairy or meat or anthing artificial and made with a bunch of scary chemical-ingredients, so that really helps out with everything too!
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

i personally think im really fat, although i constantly have people telling me that im just right. im a size five with apparently "a cute bubble butt, and perfect boobs" not that you wanted to know that lol but its my stomach and thighs that really bother me, whenever i wear short shorts around people i get really self concious. but the one thing that bothers me most is, my stomach. i want to try and work on slimming it down some...ugh

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

The things people are saying I completely agree with!

I'm 5'5" and wear a size 9 jeans for the most part unless they're a strange fit. I honestly have no idea how much I weigh but I'm definitely not thin, I don't know if I would say overweight though. I'm working on losing weight bit by bit and not trying to overwhelm myself with being incredibly fit. I play a lot of sports so it's not like I don't do anything but sit on the computer or something.

Another thing that will really help anyone look good is where clothes that fit your body type Big shocker, I know.
I happen to look really great in t-shirts. Nothing fancy or tight-fitting. Just t-shirts. I find that they help me look thinner, actually. I'm one of those who has kind of a bigger chest so it can be hard to find shirts that fit right. That's a lot of the reason why I don't shop at the stores that people find so incredibly popular. Take Forever 21 . . . I should be able to fit into a normal sized shirt there, but no. It was incredibly tight. I know people at school that would squeeze into that shirt but it doesn't matter if it's fashionable if you don't actually look good. So yep, that's how I kind of fit in to the spectrum of body image.
ImageImageImage
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

I've never been skinny but not fat either. i'm 5'3" and i weigh 120. i'm usually a 5/6. but i'm all muscle (even though i don't play sports) i run on the elliptical everyday for 20 minutes and i do squats, sit ups and arm curls with weights. i always feel so self conscious though because i have a lot of friends who are japanese and they are all really tiny boned, short, size 0 and so fragile looking and then there's averaged sized me with man-shoulders. sometimes it's really hard to find clothes that fit right because i have such broad shoulders. I love Forever 21 because there is such variety in the styles and they're jeans are amazing even though i usually have to hem them because people assume if are bigger you are taller too...
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

Yeah, my friend is Korean and she's, like, 4'10" and super tiny and she's constantly going on about how fat she is, when I'm 5'4" and weigh more than I'd care to mention. She freaks out when she has to buy a size 2 in something and I buy, like, larges in everything (I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned)! Asians are generally small. It's not fair! Oh, and I never wear shorts (ever, not even in 90 degree weather) and my legs are so pale it's disgusting! I used to be olive skinned, but I always wear long pants and long sleeved shirts. And now I can see my veins through every surface of my body. It's so gross!
Last edited by italiangirl1577 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I really look up to my mom. She used to be really big, and last year, she just got up one day and said "you know what? I don't want to be like this." She was tired of being tired, and getting heartburn, and looking at herself in the mirror and not liking what she saw. in the last year, she has lost over 100 pounds, and she did it without dieting. She just ate right and learned to love running. She recently ran a half marathon, and she loved it. I used to eat A LOT, and ever since she changed her life, so have I. I've decided to eat better, and man do I feel good.

end of random story. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I'm soemwhere between average and skinny. My friend is quite tall and skinny and used to be called chicken legs all the time.

i saw the most stupid thing in a magazine today. one of the main stories was something like 'are curves back?' and had this article about how there seemed to be bigger models more now sort of becuase ofthe financial crisis, we seem to be getting over our obsession with the skinny, blah blah blah. fair enough. whatever. but i turned the page, and it said 'WINTER FASHION FURS' and had the skinniest model ever on it.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?