Just Vent!

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Just Vent!

Post by VampireAlternative »

I just learned that one of my friend's mother has cancer. I know my friend will go through some hard times, because her mom will be on chemotherapy. I'm not very good at helping my friends when they're sad, I don't know what to say, and when I try to, I just utter the completely stupid things that go through my mind and make things worse.
I don't know what to do.
And then there's all the stress of the mid-term exams, and it will not help me at all.
:cry:
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

they forgot to put the chicken in my CHICKEN salad!
*grumble grumble grumble*
who does that!?!
:evil:
randomness bum<3
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

my knees hurt. soo much. :( i went to my friends birthday party Saturday, and we went to this creepy outdoor haunted house. There was this guy with a 'chainsaw' (there was a chainsaw sound and he was carrying a chainsaw with no chain... it was scary. :shock: ), but at least my friend was part of it and made me feel better. Anyway, someone grabbed me from behind and I automatically kicked at her. my foot got caught in her costume and I fell and hit my knees really really hard! My bruises are red, blue purple and kind of black. it hurts.

and, it was a sleepover so in the morning we watched a not-so-creepy movie, but that and the witches walk we went to where i hurt my knees has made me paranoid. ugh.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

I can kill my whole family right now!!!!

I'm on my way home from Volleyball today, and when I get to the Train Station, my bus never arrived!!!!

I was about to go physco, because I was there until 3:00pm and the next bus didn't come till 5:18pm, so I had to wait for 2 hours for the lame bus!!! It was scorching hot! Then when the bus came, it was a shabby looking trash can on wheels!!! With no aircon T_T *shoots self in head* The Australian government these days... Geez, Laugh.Out.Loud !!!!!!! *sigh*

*farts* /awl/
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

A note in the mail yesterday said:
"The drive way to your house will be dug up between 0700-1400 tomorrow. Park your cars in the street please."
Oh, fine. Like we hadn't guessed from them picking up the pavement all day yesterday, annoying us when we weren't sure if we were OK to drive there. But you know, nice to get some warning.
We decided not to park in the street since parking there is limited at best, and now taken up by an excavator, a truck, the workers cars and so on. Not to mention the big hole the excavator is digging up. We also have a garage, so our car wouldn't be in their way. Decision was based on us not needing the car all day, earliest at a quarter to 5 PM, and only if it was raining.

It's now past 9 PM and there is still a big ditch taking up all of our driveway (which was what they were digging) and tomorrow I do need the car! :evil: I mean, seriously, you do not write that it will take 7 hours if you won't get the job done. If they had written "we're digging it up tomorrow at 7 am, and then don't know when we can fill it up" I wouldn't have been upset, because then I would have moved the car. Stupid idiots!
On top of that we kinda need to get the washing machine home from the repair shop (it broke down a few weeks ago) and while we'd still need to borrow a car with a trailer for that, we sure as heck don't wanna carry it halfway around the block and over the construction site to get it home. Washing machines aren't that fun to carry....
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

I'm a little annoyed right now....earlier today I peeked at the message boards I used to frequent before I started coming here (BD customer discussions @ amazon.com)....and the whole vibe over there is completely negative.....all because they didnt like BD.....It was so bad that I couldnt even go over there anymore, I was actually worried reading all those negative comments would affect me that I just stopped going altogether.

I couldnt even read some of the posts, I just skipped over all negative comments which means like 90% of the whole board. So it makes me even more glad to come to a more happy place to get my twilight fix. ;)
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

seriously...!!! this country!!!!!
A bit of snowfall and the whole of Holland grumbles down!!!..

I hate snow... I hate driving in de snow, but I had to get to work!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I don't know if you'd call this venting, but this is what I wish for humanity for 2010, quoting Roger Waters' lyrics from "The Gunner's Dream":

A place to stay
Enough to eat
Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
Where you can speak out loud
About your doubts and fears
And what's more no-one ever disappears
You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door.
You can relax on both sides of the tracks
And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
And everyone has recourse to the law
And no-one kills the children anymore.
And no one kills the children anymore.

These lyrics were written by Waters after the Hyde Park and Regent's Park IRA nail bombings on July 20, 1982. And those lyrics are relevant even today, with all the terrorism and violence in thw world. And like with Roger, such injustices irk me to no end. I don't want anything to happen to anyone who doesn't deserve it, and I won't even watch the news anymore-it's all negative crap. I don't want to hear about some woman who was raped and murdered by some sex maniac. I don't want to hear about someone setting off a pipe bomb to murder someone for no good reason, and I don't want to hear about someone setting off a nail bomb to kill or maim as many as possible.

Crap like this is why we have the almost paranoid amount airport/airline security. It's why we have people scared out of their minds. It's why big cities have a bad rap, and it's why the terrorist and criminals are in some's mind, winning, instead of paying the price for their actions.

Just like the Gunner from the song, I wish for a perfect world free from want and worry-anyone agree(duh, that's what everyone wants, isn't it)? This stuff just irks me and the way the media plays it up just makes me more gloomy.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

My head hurts.
I wish my husband was home.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

just my life. I swear it's one negative thing after another. I somtimes wish I could just runaway & never come back.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson