Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by darkrider »

Actually, I posted earlier saying how my mom wasn't thrilled about me enjoying vamp books. But today we were in the discount book store and I was looking for some of Kinley MacGregor's books from Lords of Avalon series and as I was in the romance section, my mom calls me and I walk over to her. She goes "look...Paranormal Romance section! They have Love.....cookies...and vampires!" lol It was so great! I didn't feel weird for looking in the paranormal romance section! ahaha

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

My parents have never stopped me from reading anything, ever.
I just read, they would ask like oh whats that about there and all but thats it really, unless I do my get creepy obsessive thing and start telling them whats happening at the moment..haha
Yeah their good with vampires, but were a lil creeped out when I came home with my huge black Breaking Dawn posters after the release party, haha, *sigh* they think I'm turning into a 'goth-ie' ! haha its so weird and funny its like whenever I mention the colour black they go all weird! like during the summer I asked could i get my radiator painted black, they freaked, I was just wanting to be environmentally friendly! :lol:
but well it was the posters that ever really made them ask questions about Twilight..!
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
sparklyvampiresXD
Settled in Forks

Post by sparklyvampiresXD »

My mum's cool with it. She used to be a goth, and I've kind of stolen her copy of Dracula (muahaha). I'm gonna get her to read Twilight, too! ^__^
Image Image Image
I'll keep you my dirty little secret
Edward et Bella. Toujours.
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

My parents don't mind me reading it, as long as I don't try to talk about it with them. They know all the characters names (from me obsessing over it) so if I start talking about the series they go "Yeah, yeah, watever. Go away with your stupid vampire books." *sigh* . They just don't understand...
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

I had to reasure both my parents that these aren't "normal" vampire books. lol

my dad asked what book i was reading and i was like "the twilight series" and he was like "oh what are they about" so i told him "they're about vampires. and werewolves." and he gave me this odd look, it was priceless. haha.
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
Kebbe
Settled in Forks

Post by Kebbe »

My mom thought it was really weird for awhile, but then she read the books. Now she understands my obsession. :D
My dad still thinks I'm crazy though.
There's nothing like it. That free joy that runs through your body as your best friend's hooves pound rythm beneath that matches the beating of your heart. The sun is warm on your backs and in the moment, you're not just horse and rider. You are one.
midnitesun
Wandering Through Town

Post by midnitesun »

They don't really care. They let me read Harry Potter too. They know I', intelligent enough to know that I couldn't take a magic want and do spells with it or anything! :mrgreen:

But my grandma hates it. I don't know why...
Credit: Evie of Nox!
I took the Midnight Sun virginity pledge!
Gee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gee »

My mother thinks Ive lost it :)
Cos all i do is tell her about whats going on in the books while im reading them. cos i read faster than my freind and i dont wanna spoil it for her but i need to tell someone!
OMG I love Edward Cullen! *jumps on Oprah's couch*
prettyinpaleskin
Wandering Through Town
Location: On the island shaped like a teddy bear! no one? oh fine ireland!

Post by prettyinpaleskin »

um my parents are so non like disiplinary its weird.
like i would be just there reading twilight my mum out of politeness would be oh wats that your reading and then i'd just be like its twilight and its about vampires and she'd just be oh like how nice and have already stopped listening to me! and my dad would like never even bother asking!
and they still offered to drive me like an hour away to the nearest breaking dawn release party!
i'm telling ya man odd! :mrgreen:

also LipsForeverSealed if you are reading like this i would like to say that does not prove my spoiltness... i am merely well taken care of.....
I hate television. I hate it as much as i hate peanuts. But i just can't stop eating peanuts.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

My parents really don't care what book I read, just as long as I read :D

I'm sure they would have something to say about some books... but I'm not one to pick those books up.

But I got my mom to read Twilight and she likes it, and doesn't really mind that it's about vampires.

I just don't get it. Some people freak out about vampires like they will make you spontaneously blow up or something if you read or talk about them... what's the big deal?