Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Oh no, my parents don't care what i read about. My mom and my sister have both read the Saga....so it must be okay.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

my parents really don't give a crap what i read about as long as it's not really bad "adult-themed" or anything :D

but they know that i know the difference between reality and non-reality [poor delusional fools...JK!] and they like me to read. but i must say, even if they weren't ok with it, i wouldn't really care :twisted:

my Dad loves horror and stuff, so he understands. my Mom is more of a happy musical type person :lol:
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

Haha I was talking to my mother today about Twilight and she's like "You know I don't vampires and werewolves because they aren't real... so reading about them is okay." Almost like she knew about this thread!

I also told her that there are good morals in the books too, because Stephenie is LDS and her morals sort of worked their way in, even though the characters aren't. That made Mum happy cuz she likes it when I read books with characters with morals (I read a LOT of romance novels... haha, not so much on the waiting-til-marriage stuff in those!).
chach

Post by chach »

i think it was my friends mom but sum1 said to me and her- now make sure you know vampires arent real
we laffed and said ya they are
BlackestBlasphemy
Wandering Through Town

Post by BlackestBlasphemy »

My mom may think it's weird but she could care less if I read about them. She bared with me when I went through my "dark" stage so I think won't mind me READING about that kinda stuff, and these books actually got me back into my reading habit, which she is proud of lol.
"...the very blackest kind of blasphemy."

chach

Post by chach »

my doesnt
but 1 day there she was like so is there sex in the book and it was b4 bd and im like no mom
and after i read bd i was like and then bella got pregnant and she was like so the is sex?
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

Its just implied sex though. Nothing graphic. Well, those of us who read romance novels can imagine, given the aftermath... but BD was still pretty innocent. As if teenagers don't know about sex.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

My Parents really don't give a crap about what I read - not that they don't care about my interests they just think i'm mature enough to read whatever I want - I don't read graphic sex novels or anything but I don't think my Parents would stop me if I did.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
CullenxLove
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

my parents dont really care about what i read or what im in to. my mom read the twilight saga so she loves vampires too and my dad bought me all of the books, and constantly helps to support my obsession lol so they really dont care. the only thing my mom gets a little weirded out over is if i read a book about gay kids or something, but she does nothing to stop me. lol

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

Well, ironically enough, I asked my mum what she thought about me reading and being infatuated with Vampires. You know what she said?
"Where do you think you got it from?"
lol.

She soon after read the entire saga in four days. =/

I was curious one day and asked her what she would think if I wanted to become a Vampire.
She said "Well, I would suggest having kids first."
hahah. So yeah, my mum's pretty much okay with it all. =P