Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by MCullz »

bite_me wrote:My mum doesn't care and my dad doesn't care. My Dad sometimes reads the same books as me and they're nearly always about magic of some sort. Except one day I was reading New Moon and dad asked me what it was about - I said it was about vampires and how a girl falls in love with one and as soon as I said 'falls in love with' dad lost interest. :lol:

wow, he sure lost interest fast. lol.

ps. i LOVE your avatar!

<3MCullz
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
Wacko_Fan13
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wacko_Fan13 »

My mom doesn’t care; she just makes fun of it, kinda. She'll be all talking about how garlic scares off vamps, and then I’ll die laughing, and then tell her the truth. :D Or she'll say "there was a pretty moon out last night.... Good for telling vampire stories. ...Sparkle." something like that. Just to get on my nerves.
Team Jasper/Jackson
Team Edward/Robert
Awesome banner made by Iris Messenger. Thx so much!!
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

My mom read the book first so she is fine the only she wasn't was Breaking Dawn, that's when the puppy eyes come in I didn't know they worked for 13 year olds.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
twigal
Wandering Through Town

Post by twigal »

I always read a lot about pretty much anything. To my dad, it's just another book series, except for the fact that I'm TOTALLY ADDICTED to this one. Actually, that's probably the only problem he has with it, that I can't think about pretty much anything else. And the fact that the first time I read all the books he had to force me to stop reading and get off the couch (he literally took my book out of my hands at one point).
I'm just going to waste time wandering through town until something Twilight-related comes by.
twigal
Wandering Through Town

Post by twigal »

NiCoLeeLoCin wrote:My mother keeps complaining that I buy too many books... :? Bit weird. Aren't parents supposed to happy when their kids are reading :roll: :roll:

My dad doesn't mind me buying books. He minds me reading them nonstop.
I'm just going to waste time wandering through town until something Twilight-related comes by.
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

Nah, my parents are fine with it. They see it similar to reading something like Harry Potter. Plus my mom reads Twilight (thanks to me =D) and out of all of the characters she could dislike, she doesn't like Bella lol. So my mom isn't ok with humans I guess. :lol:
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Carrisa wrote:
MCullz wrote:your dad doesnt want you to read HP? why?
When Harry Potter came out, he was with the rest of the people in the religious community who said it was demonic. That isn't the case anymore; basically he finds the whole series trash even though he hasn't read one page. Just hearing his remarks to the movies when I was watching them I knew he still doesn't think highly of it. But I read what I like and watch what I like and he knows that. I'm sure he wouldn't think any better of Twilight if he really knew about it.
How can anybody hate Harry Potter 4??? Its full of Robert Pattinsonny goodness!!!! Ah, Cedric...
List, Gnat ♥
wishiwasbella247
Settled in Forks

Post by wishiwasbella247 »

One of the other reasons I started reading Twilight was because my stepmother was soo against it. She calls Sm's fanbase a cult! (ridiculous, i know) Anyways, i must admit that one of the reasons why I did pick up the 1st book was to spite her, it never even crossed my mind that I might actually like the book. I never did "like" it, I FRICKIN LOVED IT!!!!!!
P.S. Don't get the wrong idea bout my stepmom, she can be a really funny and cool person to hang out w/ (she's in early 30s, my dads in his late 50s, awkward much?) but she is just very stubborn about certain things, like Twilight.
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17
wishiwasbella247
Settled in Forks

Post by wishiwasbella247 »

bite_me wrote:My mum doesn't care and my dad doesn't care. My Dad sometimes reads the same books as me and they're nearly always about magic of some sort. Except one day I was reading New Moon and dad asked me what it was about - I said it was about vampires and how a girl falls in love with one and as soon as I said 'falls in love with' dad lost interest. :lol:
haha! yeah guys are like that, esp. dads! :lol:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

wishiwasbella247 wrote:One of the other reasons I started reading Twilight was because my stepmother was soo against it. She calls Sm's fanbase a cult! (ridiculous, i know) Anyways, i must admit that one of the reasons why I did pick up the 1st book was to spite her, it never even crossed my mind that I might actually like the book. I never did "like" it, I FRICKIN LOVED IT!!!!!!
P.S. Don't get the wrong idea bout my stepmom, she can be a really funny and cool person to hang out w/ (she's in early 30s, my dads in his late 50s, awkward much?) but she is just very stubborn about certain things, like Twilight.
Well... I dont mind age differences much... becuase I plan to marry Robert Pattinson!!
List, Gnat ♥