Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
elstardust
Wandering Through Town

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by elstardust »

My parents don't mind, but my uncle won't let my cousin read it. It's unfair. :cry:

I want my Mom to read it. She will someday. :)

Would my Mom let me marry a vampire? Probably not. Would my Dad let me date one? Definitely not. But would they mind if I knew one? No. They would probably think I was insane, but would eventually accept it.
"The Forbidden Fruit is always the sweetest."
keight!
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by keight! »

my mother loves anything sci-fi.
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Krystina the Alien »

Well, my mom loves to read about vampires. She was one of the first fans of the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Now, if she read the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton, she'd have a cow.

And I don't have worry about sharing any vampires with my mom. She likes Jacob (which is kinda creepy...). She's like Renee...she hates the cold. But if the cold came in the form of Edward, I'd take it.
Image <--click this
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

My friend told me something about some girls can't read it because they are Christians and their parents ban them from reading Twilight.

O.o. They're very conservative. Thats all I know. I do know many Christian girls who read Twilight.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

my mom is OK with it. She doesn't like that I have unreasonably high expectations for guys now though =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

BreathelessVampire- My mum didn't let me read Harry Potter when it came out (I was 11), but I read them later and she's like "I'm sure you know the difference between fiction and reality." Mostly she doesn't like that they disobeyed the rules and then got praised for it after they saved the day. XP I can't see not being allowed to read Twilight though, since they do wait til they're married to have sex, and Bella won't get an abortion. Earlier on they are very innocent, mostly cuz Edward doesn't wanna hurt her, but they don't even really get heavy into the making out until later. And Bella is respectful of her parents and Edward of Carlisle and Esme as parental figures.

My mum is super conservative Southern Baptist and she doesn't mind that I love vampires and werewolves. She just gets annoyed when I tell her all this stuff about characters she doesn't know. Not cuz they're vamps, but cuz she's out of the loop!
ALL4TEAMEDWARD

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

My parents are like vamp fanatics. They love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and there's this other kinda old show called Forever Night, too. All of this stuff I practically grew up on, and love, along with various Horror movies, and things of that nature, so they practically let me read & watch what I want as long as its not gonna like damage my psyche. lol :lol:
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

Oh yeah my mum was depressed for months about how Angel ended! She still gets kind of huffy about it if someone mentions it. And Forever Knight had Lisa Ryder in it. She was in Andromeda, which I love (at least the first two seasons), so I watched some of it and it was pretty good. Buffy is definitely one of my favourite shows though. Come on. Vampire Why are we talking about a donkey? kicking teenager? Gotta love it. And Angel was funny in an entirely different way. Ah Cordelia, how I love you.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

my mom makes fun of me cause i've always been into vampires and werewolves and stuff- not in an obsessive way or anything, i've just always found those kind of movies to be pretty good. So now she has even more fuel since i'm obsessed with a book series about vampires AND werewolves haha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

But vampires and werewolves are AWESOME.