Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
chach
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by chach »

haha if i got my mom to read it she would try to suck my brain from my skull and take out the twilight memory
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

I was reading the series over and over again during the summer and my mom noticed. Then when Breaking Dawn came out, I was like "Mom, you need to bring me to the bookstore because my book just came out. And I need to have it"
Mom: What are those books about?
Me: Vampires. :D
Mom: Vampires! [[ in a Filipino accent =D and she looked at me like I was weird ]]
But she doesn't care at all, as long as I'm reading.
CullenCrazed
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: Michigan--Wishing I was on somewhere near Edward :)

Post by CullenCrazed »

Funny thing is--is that I am actaully the parent here--my son who is 9--thinks I am crazy for having a "pretend crush" on a vampire! :lol:
Christy
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

midnitesun wrote:They don't really care. They let me read Harry Potter too. They know I', intelligent enough to know that I couldn't take a magic want and do spells with it or anything! :mrgreen:

But my grandma hates it. I don't know why...
Oh! Mine does too! She lives with us (long story) and she like gives my books dirty looks when I am holding them and stuff. She is strongly catholic though, that may be why, like she thinks they are like demons or something. Whatever. Who understands old people anyway? lol
List, Gnat ♥
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

My mom has been through a lot of my obsessions with ease; the Twilight series is no exception. When I told her that books were about vampires she gave the common remark: "Vampires? That's doesn't sound interesting to me." She didn't object, especially not after she read all the books herself! Love her to death! We're vampire fans now! (Well, she only likes the Twilight vampires, but still!)

My dad, well, he's thought I'm weird since the day I started watching Pokemon at eight! He said to me as long as I don't read Harry Potter, he doesn't care about me reading about vampires. But now that I have read the Harry Potter series, I don't know what he thinks! Probably just finds me weirder! :lol:
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

Carrisa wrote:My mom has been through a lot of my obsessions with ease; the Twilight series is no exception. When I told her that books were about vampires she gave the common remark: "Vampires? That's doesn't sound interesting to me." She didn't object, especially not after she read all the books herself! Love her to death! We're vampire fans now! (Well, she only likes the Twilight vampires, but still!)

My dad, well, he's thought I'm weird since the day I started watching Pokemon at eight! He said to me as long as I don't read Harry Potter, he doesn't care about me reading about vampires. But now that I have read the Harry Potter series, I don't know what he thinks! Probably just finds me weirder! :lol:
your dad doesnt want you to read HP? why?
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

MCullz wrote:your dad doesnt want you to read HP? why?
When Harry Potter came out, he was with the rest of the people in the religious community who said it was demonic. That isn't the case anymore; basically he finds the whole series trash even though he hasn't read one page. Just hearing his remarks to the movies when I was watching them I knew he still doesn't think highly of it. But I read what I like and watch what I like and he knows that. I'm sure he wouldn't think any better of Twilight if he really knew about it.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

your dad sounds like mine. hah.

he doesnt mind as much as my mom though..
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
BettingOnAlicexX
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BettingOnAlicexX »

Yeah i my parents pretty much dont care.

They only freak out (stupid!) when i was reading the sookie stackhouse series, because in all the books they had the word 'dead' in the title.
"Why does this book's title have the word dead in it?"-dad
"I dont know, why should i know that??! i'll ask the author for you if i ever meet her.!"-me
I used to be MyLifeAddictionEdward
Banner By Mayde
Oli Sykes is LOVE
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

My mum doesn't care and my dad doesn't care. My Dad sometimes reads the same books as me and they're nearly always about magic of some sort. Except one day I was reading New Moon and dad asked me what it was about - I said it was about vampires and how a girl falls in love with one and as soon as I said 'falls in love with' dad lost interest. :lol:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?