Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Well I'm 20 now, so it doesn't really matter what my parents think anymore. I've been in love with fantasy/SF literature, ever since I was a kid! And my parents appreciate fictional characters no matter what they are. I even got my mom to read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse, and she's dying to read Breaking Dawn! She even likes vampires now, because she looks at them with different perspective. But anyway, my parents don't care what I read, or watch, as long as I enjoy it!
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

My parents never believed in book censorship so I was pretty lucky. I could read whatever and they wouldn't care.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

My parents don't mind. We actually own pretty much every type of vampire book/movie.
chach
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chach »

my mom doesnt really care
and if she tried to stop me she couldnt even if she tried mostly b/c the books isnt mine :)
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

I only have my mom, and she's okay with it. She's a really huge fan too. So it's nice that she's a fan becuase we can talk about what part we like most and all that. The only difference is that I'm "Team Edward" and she's "Team Jacob". But that actually make things more funny.LOL
HipsAndHearts
Learning to Love Green

Post by HipsAndHearts »

My mom is okay with it. She likes them too.
My dad, however is another story. He likes movie vampires, like Blade, Underworld or Dracula. He says I need to stop being a necrophiliac. He said that vampires are just as bad as loving Heath Ledger, though I see nothing wrong with either.
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

My parents don't really care about me reading books with vampires. I think my grandma does a little bit but she doesn't mind so much because she wants me to read.
Christine!

Post by Christine! »

Ha no they don't care at all.
My mom is now currently reading New Moon.
Haa, I remember when she started reading Twilight,
I got home from practice and she is like, Twilight is soooo addicting!
And so I say, oh really how far are you?
And she goes, I just finished the first chapter! Hahah.
She was like, texting me the next day while she was at work about it and stuff too.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
lalilin
Settled in Forks

Post by lalilin »

I should probably throw this out there first: I NEVER read for pleasure. Last month my best friend finally convinced me to read Twilight and I was hooked..and seeing that I never read for pleasure it takes a REALLY good book for me to finish reading a book...let alone the rest of the Twilight series that I finished within the month. Anyways...while I was reading Twilight my mom practically had a heart attack at the fact that I was reading. She then asks me what it was about and to sum it all up I just told her it was about vampires. She almost flipped out assuming the book was really really dark like other vampire novels so she wasn't too thrilled. Of course she really had no say in it seeing that I'm 22 but she was a little disturbed by it.
Edward Cullen Fan

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

My mom is okay with it for the most part. (I also only have my mom.) Only thing is, she doesn't understand why I swoon so much when I'm watching Mick St. John on Moonlight or if I'm talking about Edward. haha. I still need to get her to read them. That'll hopefully change her opinion. Maybe Edward will dazzle her, too. haha.