Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Wingtear »

I had a baby boy (which right now doesn't sleep at night...)

Turns out I will not get to see the New Moon premiere :( Not only because of my little pup (I was so hoping he'd be on time so I would be able to make it) but also 'cos hubby most likely won't be able to stay at his current working place. He's been temping, and now they're out of things for him to do, so a trip to see a movie seems very wasteful since we don't know when he'll get another job. And we don't have a cinema here. The trip to the closest one would be a 4-4½ hour travel one way... :cry:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Congratulations Wingtear and your new little boy!!!

Welcome Missp!!

The Hash is the cleaner adult thread as compared to the Gutter thread. However, my understanding is that the age is 21 and up but I know there is a +/1 of a year or two allowed (we aren't that strict) since it's still a PG site and our thread remains PG (unlike the Gutter that is PG-13).

I'm sorry you'll miss New Moon in the theatre this week Wingtear, but I'm sure you'll be able to see it hopefully before it leaves the theatre or when it is out on video.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Post by carranzaya »

Hi everyone, am so happy, this is my first post here, this thread was recomended to me by Una, am so glad she did, i was looking for a special place for people like me (i mean more or less my age) i know we all love Twilight Universe so i know we belong each other here, we have that and more in common.

Well, Hi again, and i hope to get to know as many people as i can, recieve my regards from Central America - Nicaragua, a tiny country but lovely.

Love, Yadira.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hello, Ladies!! 3 days!!!! :D
I am really thinking I may completely lose my mind before the wait is over! I am watching the LA Premier right now. Loving the interviews...the interviewers...not so much!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Hey there Hashers! I gave my report on the Lexicon event in Salt Lake City, Utah over in the Gutter. So much stinkin' fun!

Welcome carranzaya! I don't think I've said Hi to Missp either. We have some teachers and librarians around here, but my youngest is in 5th grade so that makes you extra special! Glad you both came to play with us! :D
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Nissanmamaaaaaaaa Great to hear from you!!! Missp ice to meet you!! You can call me Hope. Carranzaya welcome to the Lex. YOu will fully enjoy it here!!

I am a huge Twilight fan and a massive bookworm. And if you feel stuck trying to find some new book to read I will be happy to recommend anything to anyone (I'm an English Lit major plus I wokr at Borders).

BTW has anyone read the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series?? Just curous!!
stupid_lamb85
Wandering Through Town

Post by stupid_lamb85 »

Hey you guys probably dont remember me I was here before for a short time. I will reintro myself :) I am NIcci or Nix I am 23 years old I have 2 sons (2.5 and 2 months) I am obsessed with twilight as well as ALOT of other paranormal books (twiligth still takes the cake :P) I live in Ontario canada. I seen new moon on the advance preview and LOVED it even thoguth I am hugely team edward new moon was still my favourite book alot of the reason was the huge amount of emotion it made me feel. I have signed up to attend the twicon 2010 in toronto. It will be my first convention and i am excited :)
My twilight diet blog http://nyxd.blogspot.com
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

StupidLamb85-There are 2 other fans on this site that I know of that are going to TwiCon in Toronto! How fun.

Hope, good to see you again. I have read the Sookie books and there are others that have too. I am trying to remember if we talked about them on this thread. I don't think so, I think we mostly talked about it in the gutter thread. I love Eric. He is a bit barbarian in his overbearingness, but he is sexy. I need to reread the last book before I read any new ones to remind myself. I know Harris came out with an anthology of short stories about Sookie, but I haven't read it. I also am one who doesn't watch the TV show. But I know some on here have.

Someone asked how people on this thread are...any who can participate in adult conversation, I would guess most on this thread are over 18.

For those that are in the US Happy Thanksgiving! For all Have a great week!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Hi Nima, I've missed your banner :roll: I guess I miss out on a good deal of great banners as I'm stayin' away from the gutter.
Thanks Una!

If my pup just keeps calm today I'll get to see New Moon :mrgreen: We've had to start giving him formula in the evenings/night 'cos apparently there's not enough power in the milk, though there's plenty of it :( Oh well, nothing to do about that.

I'm 25, married and a mom :mrgreen: (and quick to pull the 25 card since it changes in about a week) from Finland, if any of the newcomers are interested.

Haven't read the Sookie books, for the simple reason I haven't found them for sale. I'm pondering if I can afford to order them online or not. Seen the TV-series but that's so not my cup of tea. I'm not that big a fan of smut and well, in the show there's not just one or two exposed "Sookie-bits" as someone called them. I did see the show so that a friend could have someone to talk about it with. Hey, she read the Twilight saga (and the Host) for me...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

One word about Eric in Sookie???......... Drooooooool !!!!!!!!!!

Alexander Skarsgard is pure hoteness in that role. I looooooove the book.s They are pretty much easy reads. When you are around the 6th or 7th book they tend to drag and there's not really much of a plot, but it picks up again in 8 and 9.
I already read the short stories. They are 5 short ones that happen in between books. It took me one sitting to finish it. That's how short they are.

WingtearAs for the books, The mass markets are $7.99 each, but it's better if you get the box set cuz it's cheaper. If you are a Borders member you should get coupons every week. Whenever you get a 30% or 40% off coupon that says off one item, use it for the box set, you can get the discount off the whole thing!!! Woohoo go Borders!!! Thay are great books. And honestly there was something about them I wanted to discuss that kinda caught my eye. If you guys are up for the discussion let me know. Or maybe I should pm bac or una to see if we can have a forum opened for just Sookie discussion????

Happy gobble gobble day!!!!!!!!!!!

Loves