Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by bac »

cullengirl wrote: So, here's my question: Have you ever been asked out or went on a date with someone who was creepy?
Yes. There was one time in college that a guy asked me out that would listen to Metallica during our religion course. He would always sit by me and try and do small talk, but he just didn't do it for me. Anyway, in my "nice girl, don't want to hurt his feelings" way, I told him that I already had plans. Being the "creepy, I'm not letting this go" kind of guy that he was, he asked what my plans were. I quickly remembered that our church group was having an activity at one of the main buildings on campus. He asked if it was only for our specific church group. Of course it wasn't so I politely asked if he would like to come to it. So he did come, luckily met me there, didn't pick me up. I tried to treat it not like a date, since to me it wasn't. I introduced him around to people, but I didn't stand only with him or talk to just him, or whatever. So the next time I went to religion class he wasn't there and the teacher said he had to leave school because of family matters. I have no idea what happened to him, never saw him again. I was secretly glad so that I didn't have to talk to him again, but I still felt a bit guilty for thinking he was such a creepy guy when obviously there were things going on in his life that made things difficult. (Again, I am too much of a nice girl, always worrying about the other guy even when he is weird).

I found that at college dances I was usually asked by the "special" guys (slightly retarted or handicapped in some way) or the creepy/stalkery kind of guys. I was always waiting for a really cute, normal guy that I might be interested in to ask me to dance. I also have the creep radar.

Luckily, hubby worked his way through my creep radar and I got myself a winner. I knew pretty soon after we met and then started dating that he was a keeper. I take the keeper and get rid of the creeper. :lol:
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I would love to get a Twilight shirt. My hubby knows I'm 'jonesing' for one, but he also knows how cheap I am and that I am waiting for a sale (even though I know it won't happen). I like the shirts that are subtle, I'd love a "Vamps are forever", "Bite me", or just the funky movie Twilight shirt. I don't care to wear people's faces though. I'd really love a Forks High shirt. Ah...but as I tell my hubby, "it's good to want, it's healthy."

My heart goes out to you Cullengirl, those situations make me SO uncomfortable.

Bac - I'm with you, I have dated guys I had zero interest in before and negative interest after because I was too nice to refuse. I hate being put on the spot, because I know it took some guts to ask me out and I know I wouldn't want my ego stomped on. Oh, I am SO glad I no longer have to date.

Have you ever been asked out or went on a date with someone who was creepy? Oh, my have I!! The worst story - I was out with my boyfriend at the time, we were playing pool, I was a junior in high school, maybe a senior. I was wearing a white tank top (not revealing or suggestive in any way) and ragged jean shorts (not too tight or short in anyway) and sandals. No make-up, hair is in a pony tail. While my boyfriend is on the other side of table, taking a shot, a thirty-something man comes up to me and asks me, "Do you work the back woods?" I'm SURE the puzzlement was plain on my face, I responded, "What?" The guy looks shady so I'm giving my boyfriend the, "Please save me" look. He is oblivious, but smiles back. He asks me again, "Do you work the back woods?" I respond again, "I don't understand" to which he asks the question again and proceeds to fan money slyly between us. I then realize what "working the back woods" means and tells him firmly "No" with the shocked look and walked away to my boyfriend. When I explained to him what the guy was saying, he laughed and said, "I knew you'd be okay. I wasn't worried, he didn't try to touch you." Yeah, that's my hero...we broke up a few weeks after that. But when I asked the ex-hero if my outfit or anything about me conveyed that I may be a professional baker, he said no. I was so shocked...which is why to this day, I do not wear tank tops in public...or if I do, I wear a button-down blouse over it. Just in case.... :oops:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Have you ever been asked out or went on a date with someone who was creepy?

Yes, twice! For one of them, I guess the guy wasn't "creepy," I just didn't like him and his personality bugged me. I went to the senior prom with him. It ended up being fun, but I'd never go out with him a second time.

As for the real creepy one, he was too touchy-feely for my taste. For example, I was in church and he started to rub my back without asking my permission in front of everyone! Don't get me wrong, I love it when my friends did that or when my husband does it, but I barely knew this kid. He was sitting next to me, I was leaning forward and my friend was rubbing my back for a minute. She stopped and he started! :shock: I almost hyperventilated and decked him right there! Instead, I was so creeped out that I had to leave church early! Then, to make things worse, a couple of days later, he asks me to go out with him! I don't like being mean to people; it's not in my nature, but I was sure mean to him when I told him no!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Have you ever been asked out or went on a date with someone who was creepy?

I am actually keeping a "file" of the creepy guys I have dated because some of the stories are so amazingly creepy and weird that it is surt to make many people feel so normal again. The stories are really long, but when I get home, I'm going to try and give you all a condensed version of a "creep" story. I have about 3 really good stories. Sadly, they are all 100% real!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Carrie80
Settled in Forks

Post by Carrie80 »

OK, two springs ago, I was feeling a little lonesome and frustrated at not being able to meet guys anywhere, so I signed up for match.com I did get contacted by a couple of guys. The one that stuck out was easy to talk to...so I figure what the hell, I'll meet him. Yea......so he walks in to the lobby of the restaurant and OMG is all I can think. Hawaiian shirt, tucked in with a belt, cargo shorts, ORANGE sneakers (and not the cool skater kind...like "special" orange sneakers...) tinted glasses and a bit of the snaggle tooth. I'm not a shallow person, so I'm thinking, ok this will be better than the first impression. We get seated and the conversation comes to a halt when he announces he's a "genius" and that he can't really read all that well...then we get our food and it ends up mostly on him rather than in him. At this point I'm thinking Jesus, PLEASE let this end!!! So, as soon as we've paid, we're on the way out and he grabs my hand and says "I knew we were meant to be because you drive a green toyota too."

Riiiiiight. SO, when I then tell him I do not wish to continue this "getting to know you" thing, he says to me-well that's just stupid because I know where you live. CREEEEEEPY!

Now...dating men who are creeps...I just spent five months of my life with a man who was living a double life...and the half that involved me, it turns out was all the lie. So...good times. :|
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Genius who can't really read. Weird.

I did the who yahoo personals thing and had a guy who wanted to meet up but I seemed weird becase we had only really talked online for a short time and he was very interested in getting to know my son. That's all he would really want to talk about.

So after that I cancelled my membership and decided I would let the chips fall where they may.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Carrie80 wrote:Now...dating men who are creeps...I just spent five months of my life with a man who was living a double life...and the half that involved me, it turns out was all the lie. So...good times. :|
Carrie - NO! Seriously?! oh. wow. :shock:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I wonder what the percentage is of creeps online is vs. really good people.

I have had my fair share of online dating, but thank goodness, no creeps... just no one very interesting.

However, it seems that my friends & co-workers all want me to meet "guys they know..." and those are the ones that have all been SUPER CREEPS!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Carrie80
Settled in Forks

Post by Carrie80 »

nissanmama wrote:
Carrie80 wrote:Now...dating men who are creeps...I just spent five months of my life with a man who was living a double life...and the half that involved me, it turns out was all the lie. So...good times. :|
Carrie - NO! Seriously?! oh. wow. :shock:
Oh the last 26 days have been hell on earth. The only blessing in this is that at the end of last year his class was transfered to a new building for this school year, so I do not have to see him at all.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Have you ever dated someone who's creepy?

I think, and from the large amount of responses the question has garnered, that everyone's dated at least one "creepy" guy (or girl) in their lifetime. I've definitely got a few under my belt. I think I draw them to me because I have a love of all things nerdy: SciFi, graphic novels, World of Warcraft, etc. Now, before I say any more, I am in no way saying all nerds are creepy ... but there's a large population that are. :lol: And, their creepyness is only compounded by their awkwardness.

As for Twilight-related t-shirts, I have six and am planning on making more. (I stencil; it's like screenprinting.) I've got three Team Edwards, one that just says Twilight on the front, one that says "Speaking of Italy and sports cars I stole there" on the front and has a yellow Porsche on the back, a "Thunderbolts" baseball tee with "Cullen 17" on the back, and an official one with the entire cast from Borders.

I've also made two for my mom (both Team Edward) and plan on making more for myself and friends and family prior to the premiere; I'm thinking of one for my boyfriend that says "Personal Space Heater" ... he's way more werewolf than vampire, unfortunately. ;) I've always had a thing for t-shirts, however ... it's lame that because of dress code at work, I only end up being able to wear my shirts three days out of seven. But, I proudly display my Twilight affliction/affection when I can!
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.