Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by jenni_elyse »

The only book series I was ever excited for was Harry Potter, but I never wore Harry Potter fan T-shirts, went to signings (although I would've if there were any near me), joined an online fandom, etc. My Twilight Saga obsession surpassed my obsession for Harry Potter the day I read Twilight.

CG, I agree about the Twilight Saga having so many layers. I love the romance, of course, but I love the underlying themes of choice, immortality, etc. I also love how Stephenie describes things. It's so easy to imagine the tension between Edward and Bella in Twilight, the heartache Bella feels in New Moon, the conflict Bella feels in Eclipse, and the overall euphoric feeling of Bella finding her true place in the world in Breaking Dawn.

As far as infecting people, I've infected quite a few people. Four of my nieces read the books because I told them to read it. Only one of them love them almost as much as I do, but all four do like the books. My nephew-in-law even read them. I have lots of friends that have read them because I recommended them. Two of them are always asking about the latest news because they know I frequent the sites. ;) It think it's so great!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

cullengirl wrote:, I've never made a fan t-shirt and had the kutzpah to wear it around in public before.
I love that! I'm not brave enough to wear my Twilight shirt in public. I can't even believe I got one... but now I am looking to get one I can wear in public
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I want a Twilight t-shirt but I need to find one I really like. I would wear it in public no matter what because that's all I wear to work is t-shirts. I have a few Charmed t-shirts (no ones with the girls pictures) but of the symbol & I wear them all the time. People look at me or even get up the nerve to ask what the symbol means.

So, If I found the perfect Twilight shirt, I would definitely wear it in public and would just wait for someone to ask me about it. So then maybe I would have someone to talk to about the books and the obsession.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
jess_marie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by jess_marie »

I have a Twilight shirt with Edward and Bella on it and I actually wore it to our work meeting a couple of weeks ago.

My manager thought it was hilarious.
I also have a 1yr old daughter so when I'm out with her with my shirt on I'm sure people think I'm her sister or something. Hah. :roll:

TEAM EDWARD
because vampires sparkle, duh.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I normally never wear fan shirts. I have five Twilight shirts, though, if you count the Forks sweatshirt I bought while I was in Forks in July.

SLTA Shirt - It has our pledge on the back (SLTA = Salt Lake Twilighters Anonymous)
SLTA World Tour Shirt
Forks Shirt
Eeny Meeny Miny Moe Shirt
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

jenni_elyse wrote:I normally never wear fan shirts. I have five Twilight shirts, though, if you count the Forks sweatshirt I bought while I was in Forks in July.
I feel much better about myself just now. I purchase 2 shirts just a little bit ago. I never have worn a fan shirt. I've never owned one. This will be my 3rd, and the only good excuse I can make is... I teach preschool, I mostly wear jeans and t-shirts to school. It's always a little weird explaining your quirkyness with parents of the children in your class. I have to explain spookybell, which I've had forever. It's the only internet name I've ever used.

I refuse to buy a Forks anything until I go to Forks. It raining there right now. It's raining where I live also. Welcome fall in the pacific northwest.

TWA that's funny
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Carrie80
Settled in Forks

Post by Carrie80 »

I have two fan shirts~ but for Harry Potter. The first of which I made for going to see the fifth movie. On the front it's gold with "Team Weasley" and on the back it's black with green rhinestone lettering- "I heart Alan Rickman."

My second shirt I received for my birthday in April. "Harry is my homeboy." I have worn it several times out and people never understand. They assume it's the name of my boyfriend or husband... the kids get it right away though, so at least someone understands!!!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I have a long-sleeved Jacob "Hot Dog" shirt that I don't wear often. The sleeves are too tight. I got it because I am married to a Jacob. The second one I wear a lot to the gym where it's acceptable to wear just about anything on a shirt. It's my Fork's Spartans shirt. I love that it's not obvious.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Carrie80 wrote:The first of which I made for going to see the fifth movie. On the front it's gold with "Team Weasley" and on the back it's black with green rhinestone lettering- "I heart Alan Rickman."

My second shirt I received for my birthday in April. "Harry is my homeboy." I have worn it several times out and people never understand. They assume it's the name of my boyfriend or husband... the kids get it right away though, so at least someone understands!!!
First of all, who doesn't love Alan Rickman! The man is fantastic and hot. :twisted: I totally get boyfriend/husband question with my TW t-shirt. Last year, my library was reading TW for their book club. I kept nagging them to use it, but I think they were afraid that only girls would show up, but we actually had 5 books come to the meeting. It was awesome! So anyway, I wore my "Edward prefers brunettes" t-shirt that I made. Earlier that morning, I had a faculty meeting to go to and one of the teachers asked me who Edward was and I replied, "Oh, my boyfriend". :lol:

I should've worn it last week. I had the most awkward Saturday ever. I'm still trying to get over it. I had to come to work on Saturday to set up my new office. I had a custodian come and help me set some shelves for my book cases. We got to chatting. When he was done, he said, "So what time should I pick you up tomorrow?" I was stunned. My jaw dropped! I thought he was kidding and waiting for the "Psyche!" and it never happened. I finally told him that he's way too old for me and that I don't date anyone from work. He was as old as my father! *Shudders* I pray everyday that I don't see the man when I come to work. For some reason, I have a creep radar and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I went home depressed and said to myself, "At this point, forget Edward or Jake, I'd even go out with Mike Newton."

So, here's my question: Have you ever been asked out or went on a date with someone who was creepy?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I've told this story before, but it bears repeating. I was asked out by a guy in one of my classes in college. He was kinda cute, drove a nice car. When he picked me up, he was wearing the same cologne as my father. My father wears enough cologne for three people. Huggin him in the morning before he left for work was the equivilant of getting "Totsied". The poor guy didn't smell that way in class - I never would have said yes. I tried really hard to focus on him, but the smell was over-riding everything. I had him take me home early and never went out with him again.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry