The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by samajama »

^^ Happy belated, Marie.
um. so. I work in the Creative Arts dept. at school because I'm cool like that. So I work in the shop with.. well, with guys. And no girls. Which can be fun. ;]
So let me talk about these gentlemen.
First, there's Matt. He's a senior..but he's 23? anyway, he's nice. and cool. whatevs. we'll be friends. that's all about him, really. we bonded today lol. because our boss left? but he said we needed to do work. ahem. yeah. so we COUGH worked COUGH so hard for like 20 minutes and then sat down and talked while he ate his twizzlers. :]

then, there's Gerard. he's a freshman! woo! on wednesday, he saved my life multiple times. haha. well, i'm using life a bit loosely here. i was just incapable of doing random things (a.k.a. spazzing out, as usual) and he helped me. which was pretty nifty! then we were doing some electrical work and i was like HA, no. so i was screwing and unscrewing things for him and he did all the work. it was fantastic! he kept hitting me with the parts of wire he was trimming though. he made it like a game. boys.. :roll:

and now... Mark. (yes, let's all laugh at the coincidence of his name being Mark...) he is amazing. also a senior. that's beside the point. he KNOWS MY NAME. now, obviously, this isn't a terribly big thing, but when you're a frosh and everyone around you is like um... i don't remember what your name is? (i try to remember people's names because i'm nice. cough. anyway.) MARK KNOWS MY NAME!! i never even f---ing told him. he KNOWS. which means something to me! sigh. (don't get too excited. it gets depressing.) so i got to work and my boss tells me to go help him so i'm like okay! (this was before i knew that he knew my name lol) so i was helping him close all the seats in the theatre.. so i helped him put down the railings and close up the first part. so whatever that goes smooth and matt's not here at this point so we're chatting or in a comfortable silence, all's well. matt comes, we clean out some stuff. now Matt is doing something and Mark is detaching the railings and I'm "catching" them from him. Matt steps in once we get to the back because I'm too short. lol. then Mark asks me to put down the next batch of seats. oh jesus. it was awful. and he's like if you do it this way (the only way i could do it), you'll get a blister. (i did.) sigh again. Mark and Matt are working on the other railings as i TRY to do this. i fail epic-ly for a while then i get the hang of it... until i start failing again lol. so the boys finish and Mark's asking me how I'm doing and whatever and I'm like meh. i can't do this. so he freaking comes over and like attacks the chairs. he's a beast, i swear. so i'm like geee, thanks. he says it's because he's had four years of practice. fine. we close the rest and blah blah blah. point is. he's SO NICE. so i looked at his name on the sched so i could creep on his FB. that's how i do. ;) anyway. i saw him texting so i'm like...sh-t.. he's probably got a girlfriend. and then i saw the name once. Vicky. double sh-t. so i come back to the room and look on his facebook. and no. he doesn't have a girlfriend...... HE'S ENGAGED. kill me. just kill me.

so that's my life. :evil:

~Sam
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Sorry, guys. I'm crazy busy with school work so all I have time for is an update.

I went up and sat next to him. (I sit in the very back usually and he sits in the very front.) We mostly smiled at each other. (There was a seat in between us). When he came up to his seat, I smiled and he did too. At break we talked and said we were trying to stay awake during class. I caught up looking at me a lot (again, lol) and a lot of times he'd see me looking at him, continuing with the smiling. There was one time when no one was paying attention to the lecture and the teacher was like, "Yall are asleep! Zzzz." And several people laughed, including me and Shawn, and we looked over at each other at the same time, laughing. Then when I was leaving after class, I passed by him as he was coming back up to his seat from the door (throwing something away, I'm assuming), he smiled and waved, and I returned the gesture. And that was it.

Should I continue sitting next to him? The only thing is, I think in lab I'll go back to my old group cause I understood them better than in his group. But I don't want him to think he's done anything wrong if I just up and leave like that, and I don't want him to think I'm not interested anymore if I don't sit by him anymore, so I don't know? But yeah, what should I do?
Last edited by Edward Cullen Fan on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I have a bit of a rant.

Out of my five closest friends only me and this other girl are not married. Out of the larger group we hung with, there is only one other person who is also not married, engaged, pregnant, or already a parent. Out of close to twenty 18 to 20 year olds. These people have already decide who they want to be with for the rest of their natural lives. This is insane. Even if I DID believe in marriage and forever I would never do it so young. I mean seriously, someone you meet and get along with at a hormonal and emotional time in your life is NOT going to be the person you grow, evolve, age, and develope with. What are the dds that the two of you will grow and age and mature at the same rate or even in the same direction? What is wrong with these people?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

I couldn't get onto here earlier.
But HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE!!!!!!
late..but just as meaningful. :D

And thank you guys!

Life is well. Life could be better. But life is unpredictable.
simplymortal314

Post by simplymortal314 »

Hey Everyone!
I'm not dead, I'm here and I am ever so so so sorry I haven't been on in pratically two months. So I am in the process of catching up with the thread and such. I have a minor update. Mike and I are finally at that friends stage. We're on the steering committee for my school's chapter for National Honor Society so we spend some time together. But my big news is that Brad broke up with his girlfriend (you all remember that girl my friend Chris was teasing saying she walks like a crab?) before school started. So I had my chance to maybe get him to notice me. And I have math with him and his ex, whom I'm oddly very buddy buddy with, and goverment with him and Suzie (one of our mutual friends). I've noticed that he tends to do things I suggest and i think his ex is notcing too. For example I convinced him to go to my town's festival for one afternoon with me and his ex who spent the week trying to convince him, but i only spent a day trying to and he came willingly. Granted it was to do homework for physics by calculating the speed of the farris wheel. ( I like being a nerd) Then I also convinced him to participate in honor society for which his ex spent since last year trying to persuade him and again I spent only two or so days.
Well we're both taking the SAT on saturday and when I brought this up with him last week I implied that I might be interested in studying with him and he asked me if I wanted to study with him. Of course I said yes. Granted it took us till Saturday (the 3rd) morning to decide what time to meet up for and we finally did that afternoon. When I got to the coffeehouse Suzie called me and asked if it was alright if she joined us since on thursday I asked her if she wanted to join us. At the time she said no thanks. On Saturday I told her it was fine and to come right over. Apperantly my tone sounded like i didn't want her there and i guess i felt offended. When finally reached the table Brad was at another one of our friends was there and we all chatted then she went to work on her own homework. We caught up aout our friday eveings. He was yet again telling me that i should have gone to the homecoming game and sat with him in the pep band. Then we got off subject and started talking about school dances and he mentioned his ex-girlfriend from his old school. I sort of wish I mentioned that I've always wanted someone to send me a carnation during snow week since we did talk about snow week. Then we finally started studying and Suzie got there. It was fun, but I felt sort of left out since Suzie and Brad got along so well and Brad was using my study book and Suzie was studying for her subject tests. It was still a fun time and we were there for about five or six hours. The issue is that today I asked Brad if he wanted to study for the SAT sometime this week and he told me he didn't think so because he was busy this whole week with school stuff and barely had time to do even that. I feel rejected. I kept thinking "Oh? Oh, okay." I couldn't think straight after that. And he tried to steer the subject towards the gove test we got back today. It was rather bad for everyone. We all passed with about 42/60, was the average i think. Brad was one of the few with an A. So we started joking we should start a study group for AP Calc since I'm dong better than him in that and AP gov since he's doing better. I mean I still felt rejected and that's what's been on my mind since.
I don't know why I feel rejected, since I'm not interested in him for dating purposes. Just friends. I guess I'm coming on too strong and he thinks differently. I don't know. I am not sure what I schould do now.

So that's what's goingv on right now. And at that summer camp I was at some of the girls actually thought there was something going on between me and Ben. Yeah right. There was nothing there, just friends. So I thought that was funny.

I'll try to get on more often. Right now my goal is to catch up completely and then starte commenting.

I do remember it was the birthday of two pretty girls on this thread.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE AND LENA!!!

Ta for now!
Jennifer
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Hey guys!
Samajama: Good luck with befriending!
EFC: Probably stay with your friends, don't forget about them.
Jen:I dom't know why you would feel rejected,just continue being friends.
Update: Everything is going good(Except for a 78% on a quiz :x) I'm befriending the guy like you guys said. We get along well. We also learned that we have English and are on the same bus. We always wave and talk in the hallways, like I was with my friends at their lockers he comes around waves at me and smiles. Don't worry still focusing on being friends, and still haven't told my friends yet. But school is pretty good, just need to focus more on schoolwork to keep up my A's.

Edit: We were commenting on each other's facebooks so I was looking for something to comment upon, and found this.http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2zf1shy&s=4 Yes he's not listed as single, but he doesn't share it on his page so I don't know. I don't know, but would asking be stalking? Is that something a concerned friend would ask? Maybe he was making room for me?
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Edward Cullen Fan

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Sorry guys, again I'm caught up with school so I just have time for an update.

Update: I sat in my usual spot this time. I made an acquaintance with a veeeery attractive guy, Adrian, a while back that’s in both my History class on MW and also in my Geology class with Shawn on Friday’s. Well, he was talking to me and Shawn was passing by, and Shawn went into the classroom. We talked about the history test we had and he said he just wrote a bunch of BS down and he accepted it. Haha. Earlier he was yawning and I said, “Morning” and laughed and so did he (Adrian.) We always have to watch some stupid movie and so a lot of people were laying their heads down, including Adrian, and after I said, “Take a nap?” and he said, “Yep” and we laughed. Anyway, backtracking. After me and hot guy talked about the test and he went back in, I went back in and over to talk to Shawn cause I felt bad about it. I didn’t say much, and he laid his head down cause we’ve both said before we’re not morning people so I knew he was just tired. And then I couldn’t think of what else to say so after standing there awkwardly for a while I went back to my seat. Later I smiled at him and he smiled back. We talked a little bit, said we were stressed out and he laughed at the couple of jokes I made. More smiles during class, and he looked over at me some again. Then after class he was talking on the phone and I waved and he looked over at me. I’m pretty sure he smiled. I figured, later, about the acquaintance guy that it’s probably a good thing that Shawn knows I have other guy friends too. *giggle* :]]]
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Urgh, just going to update with new info.

Update: So I was looking through facebook to find that the guy just got a girlfriend. I really hate that girl, she gets everything she wants. Oh well, I'm perfectly content with being friends with him, and who knows, he might need a shoulder...no he probably wont. I will just be a good friend, and hope it wont last long. Urgh, this is a bummer, I wont have any bit of a chance to have a date to homecoming, except if they break up. God, I feel bad, but the girl just has never had a hard life. Every boy falls for her and she has to be friends with everyone. Ugh, I just really want a boyfriend, for once, ugh. Sorry guys, just kind of upset about it.
simplymortal314

Post by simplymortal314 »

Hey all!
So, I'm still around. :)
SAM!!!, I'm glad college is going well for you. You seem to run into a lot of Marks. haha. There are many college boys running around that are fortunate enough to bask in your pressence. =D Again, I'm glad you're having fun and I wish you the best of luck.

Contessa, I somewhat agree with you. When someone is twenty years or younger they're just begining to grow into their adult lives and you're right so many are not ready to be in a life-long relationship. But, there are some that are ready for it.

LENA!!, I've missed you!! I hope you had a great birthday! =D

psugar, you have a right to be upset. Just focus on being good, very good, friends. There's nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend. I can sympathize this is similar to how I felt about Brad and Carol dating. If she's as bad as you say he's going to realize that the relationship is going nowhere. Don't stress too much, focus on school, and feel free to rant some more.

CHRISTINE!!, Oh my god!!! I seriously felt the need to do a happy dance when I found out about your kiss! :mrgreen: And he is a cutie. ;) I'm so happy for you!

Update Time:
So I'll just recap my week by day and such.
Tuesday: Both Suzie and Carol were gone so Brad basically only talked to me, or at least it felt that way. We had some free time in class and he started filling out a college app to a school he wasn't even that interested in going to and because it was free. I told him that was a stupid idea and helped him look at schools after school. It was raining and of course I offered him a ride and he said no. Great, *cue me feeling rejected again* Nontheless, I was happy that day.
Wednesday: Carol and Suzie were back and I felt like I was at the bottom of his people-to-talk-to list. And I was very annoyed. More so at myself for letting myself feel rejected when it was no biggie and letting me get so affected by all of this. This continued all through Friday and kind of still.
Friday: Suzie had invited me to study with her for the SAT again and I accepted. That afternoon before meeting Suzie, I was running errends with a friend and she's been wanting to kidnapp Brad so I follow along and we went to Brad's house and he wouldn't come with us. When I met Suzie, I don't remember how we got on the topic of these "boy issues" and she was trying to get it out of me. She wanted names and exactly what was going. I told her it was about a boy and she was trying to figure out which boy. She even guessed Chris. haha. When she asked if it was Brad, I simply told her I wasn't saying. Unknowingly to me, Brad was also invited and came. Suzie told him that I wasn't telling her my secrets and said that I was "mad" at a boy. He pointed at himself saying that I was annoyed with him. So that only left me wondering why didn't he approach me and ask if I was mad at him? If he did, I wouldn't have been anymore. Evening went well-ish. I still wasn't comfortable with him and still am not.
Saturday: Big day! SAT. ick. It went well, in case you were wondering. I was in the same room as Brad and well it snowed the night before (riddiculous if you ask me. It shouldn't be counted as the first snowfall.) and being Brad he walked to school for the test. Suzie scolded him about that. Half the breaks we had I talked to a friend that was there that I hardly ever see and the other half to him. Once we were done testing I talked to my friend some more and then went to my car and ate the snacks I brought. I admit it I was hoping to see Brad again. After I called my mom telling her I was on my way home and began to pull out of the parking spot. Before I turned to head towards the highway I saw Brad walking out of the school and quickly decided to drive towards him. Rolling down my window I asked he wanted a ride and told him it was cold out, and how could he walk home. Basically it was me babbling, he asked if that meant "get in the car" I said yes. And sure it may be almost six months late since I first told you guys about always seeing him walk home in the cold I was giving him a ride. So, I don't know. I'm still mildly annoyed, but mostly with myself for letting me be so affected.

So that was my week and well I happened to tell Suzie about posting here and that I did feel better after posting on here and since I wouldn't give her any details she made it her mission to find me on here and know everything. She thought it was because I didn't trust her or love her as a friend. Which is not true. Apperently I have some 'splainin' to do tomorrow. haha. Well I better do my homework.

It really does feel great to be back! :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Simply Mortal: Let's rant together! Hope you do well at SATs. Good luck!
Update: Alex(that's his name) and I were talking when we got into school, tommorow I'm going to find him, then again he might be asleep on the bus, he was really tired when we walked in. It was really sweet because his entrance is closer to another entrance, it was just to say hello and how I was. I'm going to find him tommorow though. He had gym today, I think, but his girlfriend made him go down her hallway. I still got to talk to him during World Lit though, funny, we get along better than they do it seems. We tease each other and have fun while with them it's, "So you have gym next?" "Umm, yeah." , uber focused on being very good friends. Homecoming is this week I'm just going to probably wear an old dress, unless if I can grab a friend. I just had my first tennis lesson today, it was fun. Alex is awesome as always, I seriously need to give him a hug for his awesomeness(in a non-ackward way, of course), in front of his girlfriend, wait no, she thinks I'm nice, I can't have her turn on me. Most people think I'm nice. Alex! I haven't talked to Spence for awhile, ugh whatever if he comes on FB I will, but I'm over him, I think.