The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by Nightvision »

It seems every time I really start liking someone I stop. It's like a switch goes off in my head, and I start thinking. "She would never go out with you. Are you kidding yourself here? Look at her compared to you." Just all these thoughts that I won't ever be good enough for them that drives me crazy.
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Nightvision = I know what you're going through right now. Aside from my fear of a relationship, I do feel that I suffer from insecurities: Not believing anyone would like me, and if they do what were they thinking? As well as fear of suffering from a broken heart since it has happened to me gruesomely before. If I knew that there's a guy out there who with just looking at him, my world becomes okay, I would be much more comfortable. Not to sound obsessive or anything, but to me, my Edward is someone who really can love me, and wants me for who I am, and not what I have. I bury myself in work so that I don;t have to think about going out and having to deal with meeting someone in fear that it would be the wrong guy. For me, I wanna know the guy a bit before I take the chance. And make sure it's someone I'm not afraid of or someone who can hurt me.

And to add a funny note: you know how people put on matching websites like Must Love Dogs or something? For me it's must love Twilight :lol:
Nightvision

Post by Nightvision »

Yeah I understand completely there. I just sort of feel like I don't have a chance at a relationship if I never really try. I guess the fallout of the former relationships leaves it scars longer than you would think at times. Thanks for the advice though really appreciate it.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Hey guys, just an update for now, I have to finish a couple things for homework tommorow, so sorry.

Update: I don't know why, but as much as I just want us for Alex and I to be friends, there's this voice in my mind that says "You still like him, stop trying to cover it up, he might like you back, you see him staring at you in class, he's always amazing to you." whenever he is with another girl, who is usually quite a slut. It's just a strange urge that is always in the back of my mind when I'm with him. It's just really confusing at the moment. I mean my best friend is telling me to go for it, and take a chance, but I don't want to ruin our relationship. We always have such great times together, but those other girls... Ugh, why is it so confusing? I just wish I could know what he thought. Do you mind lending your abilities Edward?
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Chelsea- Glad to hear you’ve found a good guy. It sounds like things are going great. Congratulations, I’m so happy for you. :] Hope things continue to go well for you.

Genny- Awww hon, what happened with Woody? Do I need to kick him where it hurts? I’ll do it, I swear! :evil:

Psugar- I think he likes you, personally. You never know. Some of the best relationships start off as being good friends. I say go for it, girl. Make a move. Try suggesting going to a movie. Guys seem to like it when a girl makes the first move. Good luck. :]

Goymer- I’m sorry about that. Just keep in mind that you’ve got plenty of time for love. Don’t worry about it. You’ve still got so much ahead, and there’s no need to rush into things. Most times you won’t find the one you’re meant to be with that young anyway. Like the first person you see isn’t always going to be the right person. A lot of times someone that comes later down the road is who is right. So no worries, like I said, there’s plenty of time for all that. :]
Derek- I’m so sorry to hear that. It was definitely out of line for her to tell Connor that you like her. Very tense and sensitive situation. Try your best to be careful and think before you act or say anything. I know it’s already out about you liking her, but even so, being careful about that kind of thing is probably for the best. Don’t let them know it bothers you. That just makes things worse a lot of times. Stay strong. Hope I’ve helped some.

Jenn- Wow, pretty intense, huh? Definitely sounds like something is going on on his part. I don’t know what to say about that except do whatever you feel is right. I’m so sorry about your grandma. You and she and the rest of your family are in my thoughts/prayers.

Nightvision- Don’t be so hard on yourself. *hugs* Always be yourself. If they don’t like it, that’s their problem, and they don’t deserve you anyway. You’ll find someone. It just takes some time. Who knows? Maybe it’ll be sooner than you think. :]
Xhope- Hey, welcome to the Dating thread. I’m Chelsea, pronounced Chel-see-uh. :] I’m so sorry that you’ve had to go through all that. *hugs* You sound like you’re such a strong person. Keep it up. Don’t be afraid to reach out to someone. Not all guys are like that. Being honest/open is always a good thing. Guys can be great friends, and who knows? Something can develop from there. Just start talking a little more. Ask about their own interests and see what you have in common. Good luck. Hope I’ve helped some. :]

Sorry if my advice sucks, and if I’ve been a bad friend lately. I hope I’ve helped yall some over the many months, and that I’ve made you smile. I’m going to get better about posting on here.

Update: Decided to give up on Shawn. Glad I did. For one, he could hurt me. Too much an age difference. For another, he’s a loser. Seriously. Last week I heard him leaving voicemails to a bunch of people. One in particular, it went something like this: “Hey Laceygirl. I just wanted to call and check up on you because you’re my best friend and I wanted to see how you were doing because you’re my best friend… best friend *says x92348349438430340813 more times*.” I swear I’ve never heard a guy do that before. Such a loser. I figure he likes her anyway if he has to repeat himself a thousand times that she’s his best friend. Plus his mom always comes over after class and helps him with school work. Every school day he has. That’s also pretty weird. He’s too old for that. Anyways. Today I gave out Christmas cards to my friends and I put on his (besides Merry Christmas/Happy New Year) “Great having class with you. Hope to see you next semester. Keep in touch *put number there*.” I’m such an idiot for giving him my number. I want nothing to do with him, so I don’t know why I put that. But whatever.
I like a guy in my Lit class. He sits behind me so he’s in my group a lot. I’ve talked to him a good amount of times. A few weeks ago everyone had presentations on the course paper. He was obviously nervous but he worked it out and got better. I told him good job and he was still nervous and kind of laughed and said, Thanks. After the next class the teacher gave the grades back. I couldn’t ask him about it because I had to stay after with a group for a project we had just been assigned, but I caught him later and asked him what he got. He said an 87.

Me: Awesome. *High 5*
Him: *hands full, does fist bump and I high five his fist for some stupid reason, and then I laugh and we grinned at each other and he looked at me one last time before he went in to class.*

After that I tried to show interest and after a while I was afraid I would scare him off so I stopped trying. Because I don’t know what’s too much and what’s enough. I gave a Christmas card to him on Monday and said “You have a great sense of humor and you always make me laugh. Hope to see you next semester.” When I gave it to him I said, Merry Christmas, *insert his name here.* He said thank you, sounding surprised and pleased at the same time. When we had class again on Wednesday and I walked in, he smiled at me really nicely. I take it he liked his card. Haha. I saw him as I was walking down the hallway today and waved and smiled. He smiled back and said, “Hey” softly and nicely, and dare I say it, haha- happily- at the same time.

Right now I’m focusing on school work (there’s a LOT of it; next Friday is when my finals start, then the rest are Monday and Wednesday, then I’m done for the semester. Yay!!!!!) and getting things done. I’m doing the best I can not to fret over this dating stuff anymore. So basically I’m just letting whatever happens happen. I’m content for the most part.

Holy crap this was long haha. Sorry!
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Hey guys, it's snowing! No surprise aroound here.

Chels- I think I will ask his to hang out, either movie or mall. Our mall is one of the biggest in the US and they have all sorts of Christmas things, like a carnaval thing. You really think he like me? Anyway, good for giving up on Shawn, he sounds annoying. Oh and the Lit guys sounds cute!

Update- Alex has started walking with me again, after our World Lit class. Again the conversation is easy for us. Should I ask his ex(now one of my friends) if it's okay with her? I want to see if he wants to hang out, just as friends.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Wow. I've been gone for a long time, haven't i?

I just wanted to pop in and say nice things to everyoen but now I'm running out of time. So instead I'll just say that I probably wont be around much (liek you haven't already figured that...if you even still remeber me) and I love my Man-Person/Dan-Person/Man-Beast
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Hi!!! I'm like long forgotten. But my names Lee and I used to be on here like religiously but my sophomore/junior year caught up with me and I lost my obsessing time </3. But I'm back and am determined to stay on here as much as possible.

So I have 0 time to read through all of these and give advice but I'll leave a quick update now and come back over the weekend and read everyones life stories :)

Update
So me and "greg" (aka name for my former serious bf) are over. We broke up over the summer and I realized I don't really need him in my life. He changed alot and it bugged me. So a can of frosting and a few romantic comedies later I'm on the hunt again :) My latest target is uhm lets call him Joe :) I liked him alot over the summer and we sorta kinda went the direction I wanted to, but he never made anything official. So school came around and I got tired of waiting. So I told him I wasn't looking for a relationship right now. So then he backed off and became the "Joe" I fell for in the first place and now I kinda sorta like him still and I'm POSITIVE he still likes me. So I'm pretty much back at square one. fml. Ik ik self inflicted. But that's my life story :)

sorry x100000000000 that I can't respond to you guys at the moment.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Lee - I know, don't you just love it and hate it at the same time when guys want you when you show no interest??? It gets anooying in the long run even though it's kind of fun in the beginning. I just wish guys could just be frickin honest sometimes. Right now, not thinking about guys or relationships or anything. Gladly, I'm not being asked out by anyone since it basically home and work for me only. Makes your mind not think about things like that often. But family and freinds tend to bug you and ask if there is someone, and when you say no while smiling, they go ummmmmm is something wrong with you???

Lol well that was the thought for the day.

Night loves!!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

psugar-I feel EXACTLY the same way. It's so frustrating. I'm really close with Joe and we're like awesome friends and going out with him could totally ruin all of that. My advice (which I'm following myself) would be don't push him away (because you don't want to go out with him) because you might instantly regret it and you can't take that back. Hope this helps!

Edward Cullen Fan-I can just see the sparks fly! I'm glad you found someone your age. Good luck!!
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3