The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by Nightvision »

Well things have sort of stayed the same for me in a way I guess. I sort of feel like there's no one really out there for me. That the crush I might have probably wont ever happen, and it is starting to really bring me down. I mean I never thought as a guy I would have these sort of emotions over relationships.
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

No don't say that!!! You will find someone. It's only a matter of time and patience. Maybe if you don't try so hard to look that person will find you instead. Just be optimistic and it's always nice to know that there's still guys out there who actullay care and want a serious relationship :D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nightvision

Post by Nightvision »

Thanks really appreciate the support. I think I will just calm down, and let things just fall into place.
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

So, today I spent 20 minutes in my car combined with Brad. At first it was awkward, neither of us knew what to say. And well today at school I was just in a bad mood, and he kept telling me to be cheery like cherieos. That did make me laugh though. And he told me that I shouldn't be so gloomy because we had a snow day yesterday and that should make me happy. Except with the knowledge that my aunt could die at any moment soon and I can't be there doesn't really make me want to be happy. Then during lunch, as I am slowly starting not to eat and instead go to the media center and do any homework I can (like Brad), he calls me out on it and tells me I should eat something and not start taking after him. "Okay, I really don't want you to worry about me like that", was all I could think. This evening we went to go to tutor and he needed a ride so I offered him one. I get there and make my way to his front door, through the snow drifts only to hear the garage door open and see him walk out, he starts coughing and as I make my way towards him I say "Don't die!", he turns around. It turns out to be his brother, Nate. He goes gets Brad and we have a little catch up time before their mom comes to take Nate to the doctor and Brad comes out. Brad and I drive off and it's just nice. While at the tutoring it's nice. On the ride home, he asks me how I've been and what was wrong. I tell him about my aunt and my godmother and how I've just been generally upset. When we get back to his house he looks at me before getting out and says that I should sleep, that I need it, and that he wants me to sleep. After driving off, I just breakdown and sob, as I drive. Probably not smart since the roads were icy and snowy still and my eyes wouldn't stay open. I don't even know why. I think in part because all today Brad was showing concern for my well-being and it was too much. I couldn't take it. I still can't decide if I like him or not. I don't want to like him more than a friend and him worrying about me didn't really help. Why is he such a sweetheart?!?

I just don't know anymore. Can I just ignore him now and only speak to him when necessary? *semi-joking*

ttyl,
Jennifer
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
goymer

Post by goymer »

OK, this is all getting very confusing :? Apparently Lisa actually is single now (if Facebook is to be believed) And she now thinks I'm the greatest guy on the face of the earth because I bought her a ticket to see Paramore on friday. And it's also looking entirely possible that she may stay the night at mine afterwards. And all this happened within a couple of days! My head is actually spinning at how quick things changed!
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Post by virginiax7 »

[Virginia shuffles sheepishly in]

Hi guys! Long time no see, eh? I don't think I've been on since about page 35 or so. :oops: Lots has been going on- school is crazier than ever this year, and now with being able to drive I'm out a lot more! (Heh heh.) I'm not going to be able to go through all the old posts, but it's nice to be back with y'all. :)

I guess the real reason I popped back up was because for one (FOR ONCE!) I actually have an update. Like, a real real update. (Not just "Yeah, boys are OK. Hey Lena, I bought more shoes!" like mine usually are!) It would take about 20 pages to type up everything that's happened, so I'll just give y'all an overview of past events...

HOW VIRGINIA STARTED LIKING A GUY WHO MIGHT ACTUALLY (GASP!) LIKE HER BACK!

So, we'll start all the way back on the first day of school of my junior year. I walk into 7th period (highest level Analysis/Trig, bleh) and sit down and start talking to everyone and do that thing where you kind of look around the classroom at everyone and see who you know and who you don't, yadda yadda. My eye falls on a boy named JONATHAN (this name is important), who was in my Chemistry class last year. I'd never really talked to him before, as he's always been quiet, but I knew a lot of people who were friends with him, so I was kind of curious to get to know him. He ended up changing classes, so I no longer have math with him, but the more we hung out the more I liked him, and as of now I have a full blown crush on him. :) (Duh, or else I wouldn't be telling this!)

Fast forward to now: In the 18 weeks of First Semester, a lot has happened. He knows that I like him (don't ask how- it's a long and confusing story), and he's shown a lot of signs that he's feels the same way about me. I can't explain everything (or else I'd be here for hours), but he's seriously the sweetest guy I've ever known. For examle, whenever I'm over at his house and leave to drive home, he'll always text or call to make sure I got home OK. Or if I'm having a bad day at school, he'll find me in the hallways and give me a hug or write me a note or do something to cheer me up. As of right now, we're kind of at the point in our relationship where it's up to him to figure out how he feels about me and then act on it- he knows exactly how I feel, so he's got to sort out his feelings and figure all that out. We didn't have a talk about this (it wasn't like we sat down and I said "OK, so now you've got to sort out your feelings and figure out if you want to date me or not."), but it's just at that point, you know? More of a natural thing than a planned thing- we're either going to the next step or we're not. So right now I'm waiting, and waiting is totally not fun at all. But it's all I can do, and hope for the best! [crosses fingers] I care about him a lot, and really hope it works out, and that he feels the way about me that I do about him!

So this is what's up in my life. I'm not really sure of what else to say- I'll let y'all know whenever something else happens, but it might be a while. Hope everyone has a good Christmas, and enjoys the rest of their holiday! <3
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

virginiax7: wow I'm in the exact same situation (or I was four months ago. anyway gah such a long time) I waited around for a guy who never got the nerve to ask me out. So he's history :) Sounds like this is a really sweet guy!! I hope everything works out. He'd be an idiot to pass up someone like you!
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
goymer

Post by goymer »

Well things have changed for me yet again. Turns out Lisa wasn't actually single. I can't give you all the details, but basically she's been going out with this new person for 5 months now. I don't know why, but finding that out really shook me (quite literally at times). I was taking it really badly, e.g. after work on wednesday I was nearly in tears. But I'm starting to calm down a bit, and thinking that I ought to move on. But at the same time I really don't want to. I'm so confused :(
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Dating related things may not be perfect and sometimes are even difficult, but we can still say...

Happy Birthday Goymer!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Hey guys, it's been awhile! Sorry, things have gotten quite busy for me but I will run through the basics. Alex and I are now just friends, I think we both just figured it work better that way. There's not much for me in the dating spectrum, except for a possible blind date with one my friend's friends. Unfortunately, I'm really worried for that friend, she has gotten lyme disease, and then has complications from that. Otherwise, I want to take a rest from dating because I'm kind of in a bit of a depression. It could possibly be from my medicine, which can cause depression as a side effect (Why was I ever prescribed this medicine?), so I kind of need to step back for a bit. Otherwise other than have constant colds that I should be home for(I've never missed a day of school yet, even though I've been coughing, sneezing, etc. my guts out), but yeah. Just wanted to give a quick update, hopefully I will get back on the forum more. Hope you're all well.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!