The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Bex Biology, Maths and Geography are amazing! It's a real shame you didn't take Geography, I’m finding it really interesting! Come to my school and do it! :) Jesus, dreams can seriously mess with your head! It feels so real though, like it's actually happening! Totally bizarre! Thankfully I haven't had one like it in a while because it took me a while to stop looking at Joe and thinking: "God, I've imagined you naked." I love Joe though (dream Joe, not actual kiss Joe) Well, to your up-date, I think Luke might have been trying too hard to ignore your friend and so blanked you as well. There's no reason why he should not speak to you. If he really does have an issue about you being friends with Rachel then you should just let him get over it! You should ask him about it though! As for Toby, I think you should be nice to him, but distant. He'll soon get the hint you don't like him but you won’t lose a friend! Now who's the genius.... :lol: The fan-fic is going very slowly! Homework is taking over! I'm still really enjoying it though! :D Bleugh is an amazing word! It's pronounced like how it sounds to be sick! Amazing as I said! I'm taking full credit when it ends up in the dictionary! :lol:

Contessa You can’t help you like! It's one of the most infuriating things on earth! I think you should see how it goes though with this new guy. My friend's boyfriend is a lot older than her but they're really good together! As for your ex boyfriend I think you should take some down time for him and see how you feel after. May I ask why he's in prison? Sorry if I'm being nosy! You don't have to say! This is going to sound majorly corny and my sister says it a lot, but ask your heart what it wants. It'll know instantly what you want. Let us know how it goes! :)

Up-date Things I was told by Woody last night:
1) I'm highly attractive
2) Anything that makes me, happy makes him happy
3) I'm a truly amazing person
4) Any guy that turned me down would be a total idiot

So, yeah. :roll:
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

:roll: he's not supposed to be in prison he didn't do anything wrong. He got the girl he dated before me pregnant buit since he was working a not very well paying job he wasn't able to pay enough child support to keep her happy. So she and her new boyfriend hatched a plan. I don't know how it is in most states, but in Texas if the baby daddy is in jail then the state pays a set amount of child support. So Nichole (i can't tell you what I call her in real life...at least the Lex wont let me :D) egged him and her current boyfriend to get into a fight, then when the cops showed up she told them he beat her boyfriend with a lead pipe so she could get more money. Money that she isn't spending on Charlotte btw.

Aw that's so sweet. Woody seems pretty awesome, but still keep your eye on him.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Landiana- Hmmm. I don't see any reason why he had to act like that. If he continues in that matter, he's not worth your time. I'd say to be cautious with Toby. And for later when you get to know each other a little more, I know that a lot of times, an easy way to get a guy to notice you're not interested is calling him "buddy" or "pal." That usually gets the message across. I hope I helped.

Genny- Woody is getting even stranger. Guys seem to think they're making it better when they say things like that, and it only makes it worse. They usually are too thickheaded to grasp that they've done something wrong. I'd say to downplay the joking some. Maybe he'll get the idea if you do. Sometimes guys need a firm smack in the head telling them they've done something wrong. And even then, sometimes they still don't know they have. :lol: So keep trying. Good luck! :]

Contessa- The new guy sounds sweet. Just get to know him a little more. Play it by ear, and see what happens. I think you did the right thing. I'd say to continue keeping your guard up with him. Hope everything works out for you. *hugs*

Update: This will be long. Sorry!

Talked to him again today. The first time I saw him I smiled more than I should’ve probably, but he responded with a good smile himself. We smiled during class in the lecture, but not like it was before, just normally. During break I talked to him and he said he’d slept in, and I sympathized, laughing with him about it. We went back in not long after, and he held the door for me again. Awww. We had a test today and I saw him taking it, and I said, “Good luck” and he smiled a little and nodded. After class (about 10 or so minutes ago) I saw him outside and we waved and smiled. Then he came over to talk to me, and not long after sat down next to me. Just enough distance, but not like he was avoiding me. I made jokes and he laughed again, yay! Several times when I said something, he’d say, “Mhm,” as if to say, “Interesting. Very interesting.” He does that pretty frequently. Haha. I think he’s just joking with me though. Or at least I hope so. He said his birthday was coming up in the beginning of next month, and said he’d be 26. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I think I even said, “Oh, wow.” Hahaha. It took me a while to gather myself, and then I said, “Well, happy birthday. Or early birthday.” Smiling. He thanked me, nodding and smiling a little. I was too afraid to tell him I won’t be 20 until March. Though everyone tells me I look younger than I am (incredibly frustrating), so maybe I should've told him. He may be surprised that I'm that old. I think next week I'll say happy birthday again, ask how it was, and say something like, "Take a stab at how old I am." Or something? Haha I don't know. He stood up at one point, and stayed standing. We talked about class and the test. Let’s just say I failed miserably. He asked what I got and I told him. He said, “Ouch.” I noticed some people (some girls) coming up the entrance and he went and held the door for them too. Just shows he’s a gentleman. :]

Went to the library for a while until it closed. Then went to the computer lab when it did, and he was still there with a tutor or teacher or whatever. He sat up front, and I sat behind him in the second row. He saw me come in and smiled, and I returned the gesture. Not long after he kept looking over at me. Then later he’d look away real quick when I looked back, and then after a while of that, he smiled and spoke to me/called me by name several different times. Which, today, is the first time he’s called me by name since I introduced myself. I take that as a good sign. He asked me if I was still waiting on my mom to pick me up, and I said, yeah. Are you going home soon too? And he nodded and smiled. His tutor asked him what class he had today, and he smiled and told her what class. He smiled at me some more. It was a while before my mom called again to say she was on her way. I looked over at him to let him know. When we hung up, stuck around a minute or so, then logged off the computer and said, “See ya, Shawn.” And smiled. And he smiled and nodded, and said see ya. Doing a kind of peace-wave sign. That's something he did a lot too. But yeahhh.

Soooo. He's interested, right? I think.
Last edited by Edward Cullen Fan on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Okay guys, I had a whole entire thing typed up last night, and my computer deleted it all, so excuse me while I just do an update.

Update: Remeber cute guy on my bus I mentioned last time, turns out he's a brit, and went to school with my neighbor(before this year she went to a special private school for kids with learning disorders, I could have gone too, but I was only aware that I had epilepsy at the time), I've talked to him some, like small conversations. On the other hand, a guy in my World Lit class who was staring at me, started talking to me. We actually have select choir together! He's really nice and quite cute, oh and quite funny. We catch each other looking at the other, though it's usually me catching him(we sit kind of next to each other) staring. It's all cute, I hope we can at least be friends, he's uber cool.

PS: Where are Christine and Jenny, I miss them.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

hello! i'm sure most of you probably don't remember me and that's okay. but i figured you guys would be good to ask for some advice on dating, since this is the dating thread. makes sense, no?

so what i need is clarification as to whether or not my friday night constituted a date. alright, so there's this guy from my class that i've been talking to the past few weeks and we've been flirting back and forth, you know how that goes. well, friday night i was texting him and i mentioned that i would have to find some way to entertain myself for the night and he said "no plans for tonight?" and i said no and then like 3 minutes later, my phone rings and it's him!

so naturally, i answer, and he said that if i wasn't doing anything that night, would i like to come see this band play downtown with him? so i said "sure!" because i didn't have anything else to do haha. the plan was that i was going to drive up to school (he lives on campus) and then he'd drive downtown, but then my dad took my car without asking and left his cell phone ( :x ) so i thought i was going to have to cancel on mike already but he said it was cool, he would just come pick me up from my house. so that's what he did haha

umm the drive downtown was good and we talked the whole way without any awkward pauses or whatever, which is good. turns out though that when we got to this concert venue, you had to be 21 to get in and sadly both of us are 20. bummer. so we ended up going to the movies and we saw Halloween 2....which wasn't as terrible as i was expecting, by the way. anyway, then after the movie he drove me home and that was that.

so--date or just two people hanging out? anyone have an opinion for me? haha

thanks!
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

*feigns inocence* I am not only coming hre because I knew Mary posted... okay that's a lie, but I keep forgetting to visit! I'm only slowly starting to post on the lex again, so *shrugs*
anyway...
I thought this seems suspiciously date-like when I heard about it. ...but then when Mary told me that she paid for her own movie ticket, I was skeptical. Perhaps it was a pre-date? or something that sounds better than that. sigh. I don't know.

I also don't have much to report... There's a VERY cute guy named Andrew who lives in my building. He ran for President of our hall (and won) with my roommate as his VP. He came to visit her (and by extension, me) the other night (before the election) and I was in bed reading and it was slightly awkward but also relaly cool. but... Christine (my roomie) likes him. iI think anyway. at least, she thinks he's HOT... which he is. so.. me not wanting to be a b-tch, can't do anything.

There's also Will. I met him on bingo night, oh yes. He was cute and funny and nice and....I think I've seen him once since. and I didn't even talk to him. ugh. i was at lunch with two friends and he was at a table full of guys so I felt like a creep and didn't want to just walk up to him and be like remember me?!?!? so yeah. that isn't happening either.

basically this is me complaining not seeking advice since you guys can't make nice, hot, sober guys just appear. or can you?!?! hehe. so thank you for listening -- er, reading? -- to me

love you, peeps :]
~Sam
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Tengo Nubs:I remember you! I agree with samajama in saying it could be a pre-date. He sounds nice!
Samajama: *Makes hot, sober guy pop out of thin air* P*ssing off your roomie might not be the best thing ever. Good luck girlie!
Update: Okay so, brit boy is no longer on my radar. But the other guy so is! We have conversations all the time, and they are hilarious. Homecoming is coming up, wouldn't that be awesome if... We are always looking at each other during class, and here was todays parting words.
He: Hey!
Me: Hey!
He: Sorry, I was looking at your essay, seriously pink paper?
Me: I ran out of paper, and that's all that was left. My sister stole the white stuff.
He: That sucks.
Me: Yeah, here's my staircase. See ya!
He: Bye

He's really cute, and nice. We have Chorale together and he's an athlete. I haven't told my friends because especially my one friend, she will try to get us together as quickly as possible, then it's just ackward. Maybe I will just wait. Maybe I'm just so desperate for a relationship I need this? Psugar wants a boyfriend!!!!!! Urgh, and someone called me emo today(Just because I wear eye liner on top and bottom and part my hair in scene style(search it, it cuts at an angle) and that hair is naturally black, and I'm uber pale). Can any of you magically poof boyfriends out of midair. I want one of you at my school to monitor potential boyfriends.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday Conzoni!

My dating advice for the day: Be friendly. Often friendships can turn into more and don't you ultimately want to be with someone you consider one of your best friends?.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

bac! *hugs* I feel like I haven't spoken to you in a while (even though I think we did on facebook the other day...?).
anyway! that's some good advice right there. i'm just having issues with that sort of thing at the moment because I'm having a hard time meeting any guys at school. I met some at work who are kind of cool...but I don't think they'll ever be more than friends. and then I have my best guy friend, Eric, from home. but the thought of him as anything more than like a brother to me actually makes me nauseous. :roll: I love him, but no thank you. that's just creepy. -- oh side note: my mom's friend came over a few weeks ago, when I was still home obviously, and eric and his mom (Arleen) were there and she snidely suggested that we make a pact-type thing saying if we're not married by the time we're 30/40, we get married. [side side note: i made this same pact with Mark, my ex lol] this woman is also convinced that i'm going to marry her son -- I'm not -- so yeah. repulsive. not that I don't love Eric to the very depths of my soul. just not like that :p sigh. anyway, just need to rant about that. and now this side note is over, so back to my original point. -- good friendships can turn into something more and they're usually very stable relationships. they're also more scary because you've got so much more to lose. still, I think the best things you can get are the greatest risks. so now I need to go befriend some boys! hehe.

oh, and I guess I should said Happy birthday, Lena!!! <3

so, if you've managed to read my post without getting confused (or a headache), mad props to you!
~Sam
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday StupidLamb!
by Laniyeah on photobucket