The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by December »

A place to discuss the ups and downs of relationships and get some friendly advice and support.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by keds723 »

Whoo! First post!

That hypothetical question was well written, but I have to admit that it is something we probably all have done. Next time, don't hesitate to say "Get in the car!" Haha!

No update as of yet, because it's not Thursday! I'm sure this week will be weird as ever, so just stay tuned. Enjoy the new thread and the open space!
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

I feel like I should have a significant update to post if I am going to post on the first page of a new thread, but alas...I have nothing.
Some construction workers leered at me on my way home from class this morning, and that seriously creeps me out. You are a 30 year old construction worker...I'm a 16 year old girl...eyes to yourself. :roll:
Okay. I'm going to take a risk. I am going to invite Rory to contra-prom (the anti-prom party that Britney and I are throwing). I won't ask him as my DATE, but I really want him to come. His prom is on a different night, so he should be able to come (especially if I invite him months in advance like I am going to, Ha ha). I wish I could ask Eli for advice! I wish I had never told him I liked him back in October. And then told him I didn't anymore in December. Rory is his best friend. I doubt he'd really want to help me out there, considering he is obviously not over me. Heehee.

Jennifer...I agree with Keds. Kidnap the boy! Do it however you want to, but take that risk, girlfriend. =) Wouldn't you rather regret doing it than regret not doing it and wonder what could have happened? Yes. Yes, you would.
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
goymer

Post by goymer »

Well my plans have (hopefully) changed, in my opinion, for the better :D

I've just been texting L seeing if she wanted to go see a movie on saturday. She turned me down at first, because she's got very little money, but I think she wants to, now I've offered to pay for it. But she ended her last text with "Is this just us hanging out or something else?"

My response to that was "If you don't want it to be anything else, then just as friends", which I think is just about the best reply I could've come up with. It's not too obvious, but it's still implying that I might want it to be something more. I'm now, quite nervously awaiting a reply to that :?
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
keds723

Post by keds723 »

Last edited by keds723 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Okay, so I like this guy I've known for a few years, and he's always been very sweet to me. I recently got back in touch with him and started talking to him over MySpace and he's still great to me. I really like him but I'm afraid he'd be freaked or creeped out if he knew how I felt. I really hope that he eventually will like me too, but he may not. Crossing my fingers though.
Last edited by Edward Cullen Fan on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

There is a major rant coming on!!! No joke!

Christine I used weeee-otch! I got some weird looks though! One of my friends actually asked if I'd been drinking! Quite amusing I have to say! I totally agree with you about the depressing videos in class! I had to watch one a couple of weeks ago about homeless children in Brazil and it made me feel super guilty! I got home and my Gran was like :"So, when do you think we should open the swimming pool then?" I was like: "We can't go swimming! There are loads of homeless people who don't even have a bath!" I have possible the biggest conscience ever! Anyway, back to your up-date (I always waffle when I'm talking to you! I don't even know why!) That Dakota needs to take a serious chill pill! She must have known that nothing happened surely!? You'll have to give us the low-down on Tim's girlfriend too! Nice, fun, ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch form hell?! Let us know! :D

Edward Cullen Fan That guy sounds genuinely lovely! You should definitely try and see where this goes! And don't beat yourself up about everything! If he doesn’t message you back straight away then don't stress! He will! :D Let us know who it goes!

Kristen I take it it's good that there's not up-date?! B is off your mind!? I hope so my lovely! :D

up-date Me and J had a huge row! Well, it involved two more of my friends to and it has really upset me! Although I live in Wales, I was born in Southern England and where I live, there's always been a lot of prejudices between the Welsh and English although that has never affected me at all until today. We were in drama and my friends (including J) decided they wanted to do this anti-English play about how years ago, the British government evicted a welsh village to make a reservoir. They were talking for ages about how the English were scum and it got really uncomfortable. I asked them to stop it and they just started shouting at me as if it was my fault that over 1000 years ago, the English killed a load of Welsh monks!
I then said to them "Yes, it was bad but it's in the past and nothing like that is happening now!" and my friend goes "If you don't care then why are you in this country?!"
That really hurt. It didn't help that J didn't defend me at all and later goes: "Bye Imogen."
NO ONE calls me by my full name because I hate it! Yuck!
I hate to feel embarrassed by where I come from its just so un-me! I always get people to judge me by who I am not what I look like or where I'm from. This has seriously upset me!
Oh, and two seconds ago O just goes "Why does it say you're annoyed on your MSN name? You can always talk to me about it, you do know that don't you?"
I'm in a BAD mood! It's not even a huge deal either!
The name thing ahs really set me off thought! Imogen?!?! BEHAVE!
Love you all
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
lovemesomecullensss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

(Some of this is from the last few updates from the last thread.)

PSUGAR:
Haha so... why are you a vampire? And talking to him is definitely good! :]

CONTESSA:
Welcome back... again. Lol. :]

JENNIFER:
And WHY didn't you just ask him to hop in? It would've been so easy! Next time, don't let the chance pass you by! :]

KRISTEN:
Lol. I'm sure you WILL have an interesting week... of which you will keep us posted! ;] :]

MARIE:
Pedophiles are totally creepy, I agree! And yeah, it sucks that you can't talk to Eli about Rory... But asking him to the anti-prom party sounds like a great idea! Even if it IS months away, at least it's a step. ;]

GOYMER:
That really is probably the best response you could've given! Seriously! You totally left the ball in her court. So what'd she say!? :]

EDWARDCULLENFAN:
Well welcome to the thread. :] I'm Christine. So this guy sounds pretty nice... But do you guys only communicate on MySpace? As in, do you never see him in person? Because if not, you definitely need to make a move to do so. He'll be less likely to ask you out if you only interact on the 'net. So ask him for his number or message him and see if he and his friends would like to join you and your friends for a movie or something. Attempt to take this friendship outside of MySpace and you're odds will go way up. :] Good luck and keep us posted! :]

GENNY:
Lol, waffling is fine by me. ;] But I'm glad you got to use weeee-otch! Muahahaha. Lol. But I know what you mean about the movies, my conscience is just as bad! Or good..? Haha. But I'm sorry about this whole thing that happened in your class today! It's totally uncool for them to have done that... And completely unnecessary! And J didn't even stand up for you or anything! That is just ridiculous. It would upset me, too. It was like when I listened to this speech by Malcolm X that was all hatin' on white people and I was like, "Okay, I know we oppressed you and everything but this is just downright OFFENSIVE." Anyway, I hope they apologize (because they should!) and I hope J straightens up! (And can I just say, we normally have another girl on here named Imogen and she's from Great Britain! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeird. But hey, I like that name. :]) :]

Update:
So Joey and Andy got TOTALLY reamed about by our theatre teacher today for skipping Emperor's auditions. I mean, it was bad. I wasn't there, but their expressions told me everything when they got back. I texted Andy for him to spill what happened, but he hasn't texted me back yet... Even though I've resent it like three times... Lol. He may have left his phone in his car.
Which brings me to my next point... Andy was going to meet his best friend Jacob after school because apparently he's a mess because he and his girlfriend, Madeleine, are on a break. And he's NOT okay with it. I've never actually met him, but I pretty much know him because of Andy, so I feel bad for him. Poor guy. And Andy was like, "I hope they don't actually break up because I don't want to hear him b*tch and whine." I was like, "ANDY! That's what friends are for! He'd do the same thing for you!" And he was like, "You don't understand, he LOVES her. They've been dating for nine months. And he whined about this girl who he dated for a month for about a year and a half!" I was like, "I'm sorry, but how did you and he become best friends, again?" (I already knew the answer. Jacob helped him get through when his ex-girlfriend from eighth grade cheated on him with his ex-best friend.) And he was like, "Yeah... I know..." I almost made a comment about him loving Cara and how Jacob would be there to listen to Andy whine and complain because he loves her, but I decided not to go there.
On a side note, Andy kept doing this thing today where he'd rub my lower back for like five seconds. So I'd do it back. And then he'd start like scratching it to try and tickle me. So I'd do it back... Haha I don't know, it was kind of weird.
I want Joey to go see Our Town with me but he won't text me back! Sheesh.
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Ugh. I tried this like five hours ago and it told me that I couldn't post on this thread. Bummer. hahaa. But I'm baaaack.

Marie-
You should totalllly invite Rory to this thing. If you gradually start hanging out with him more it totally won't be wierd at all that all of a sudden you two are randomly spending time together. That's how things start off, someone has to have the courage to make a move. hehehe. I am excited for you! This is like a new start at a new guy. And I agree with Sam. I totally missed this starting (back from Take2 though) becuase you were gone for awhile. =[ But now you are back =] Don't go away again! lol.

Christine-
WHOA!!! Why would he have a girlfriend for all this time and not tell you? Something tells me that maybe you two need to talk more. lol. But it is good that you realized what your true feelings are. It's always awesome and fascinating when we go "...OHHHHH! I really don't like him!" Fabulous, hahaha. (that wasn't sarcastic)
What's up with you and Andy today?

Where is V? Holden?

moiiii-
My school did this compatibility match thing with the students (we answered questions and based on those we got lists of people we were compatible with) and the only person I knew from my list (from my grade) was Lu. go figure that he should be on it. in second place. hhahhaha. Amber saw (none of her boys were on her list by the way) and she went "Idon't know if I like this..." hahahhaha. Laughter. Then our other friend apparently thought it would be funny (well it was, but it was also not neccessary) to circle Lu's name on my paper, which Amber also glared at, and I was going like "Don't scribble my brother's name!" Strange.
Also, I give up on Trevor. I know I never actually did anything about it (well, technically I did) but if it's eant to be, I would have seen him by now. hahha. (I'm laughy today. I"m sorry)
So at this moment I like no one. I wish I did like someone though, it owuld make like so much more interesting. =]
That would be all for now.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

EDWARD CULLEN FAN: They myspace guy sounds so sweet. I hope it works out. And as for the guy at school, just try to ignore him.

KRISTEN: Sounds like fun....well the last part anyways.

ME: I got nothing. Don't really like anyone and no one likes me. Although everytime I go somewhere with my sister she gets hit on. I know she's pretty, I know she's....developed and does not look fourteen. But I still want to gouge these guys' eyes out for looking at her like that. SHE'S A BABY! Pretty much. At least I think so and so do our older siblings.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.