The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Sorry guys, but I'm sick and don't have much time for stuff online, so I just have time for an update. Long. Sorry.

Update: For a while not much happened. Then later I caught him looking at me several different times, sometimes he’d smile, sometimes not. I got back my midterm and my quiz we took after the midterm, and I bombed both. Then we had lab and in lab I kept thinking of how I’m failing this class, how I failed my math course last semester and having to take it again. Afraid I’d fail another and desperately don’t want that to happen. My ADD/anxiety disorder, so it was overwhelming me. Even though I am being treated for it, I do have days like that. It took me forever to stop. Anyway. Shawn moved to a different lab group after a while with one of my friends and some others. My friend called me over and let me make copies of the worksheets everyone was doing. Shawn smiled at me, I'm sure trying to make me feel better/feeling bad for me. I said thank you to my friend who let me make copies, went and splashed water on my face for a few minutes, went to the copy machine, and all that.

I got back. After class my friend told me they felt bad for me and they understood. I was relieved to hear that, especially knowing that Shawn was with them and I’m sure he felt bad for me too. She said the girl in my group felt bad she didn’t say anything, but she did wind up offering to let me make copies, but I’d already gotten them from my friend. I talked with my teacher and told her about the disablities and she said we could modify my grades. Thank god. Went out into the hallway after class. Saw Shawn. I saw him working on something but he was smiling down at it, and unless I’m totally crazy, I think he was smiling about seeing me. Went off to the restroom and came back and talked to him. At one point I told him I was just overwhelmed and told him about having a couple learning disablities, and that I don’t usually do that but today of all days I did. But that I was better and I just needed to calm down. He nodded and said, “Mhm.” Probably just not knowing what to say. Because another friend who saw me upset when I was washing my face talked to me and she was passing by when I was talking to Shawn and asked if I was okay. So I thought I’d mention it since it came up and just be honest about it. Maybe that was wrong of me to say anything, but oh well. Changed the subject and talked about the usual.

Found another thing I have in common with him. Then a faculty member came over (a guy) and I smiled at some things they said even though some were more guy things. Haha. Then after a bit I walked off to go do whatever while they had guy talk. Came back after a bit and he was sitting with a girl friend.. He said to her he wanted and his mom wanted to see the new Sherlock movie. She didn’t look too interested, so I smiled and said, “Me too. It looks funny.” And he smiled and agreed. His friend left at about that moment. Hmmmm.. Later he said “I’m going to the library to chill.” Smiling. So I went outside. Later he came outside and started talking to me. It’s chilly out today so he said he liked the cold, and I just smiled, agreed it felt nice. He put his notebook on top of his head, balancing. So I said, “You trying to balance?” He nodded, smiled, and crossed his arms while still balancing it. “And now you look like a genie with your arms crossed,” I said jokingly, and smiled, crossing my arms too. He laughed and said, “Yep.” I think he said something else joking about it, but I don’t remember what it was now. Talked some more, then his mom came to pick him up.
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Hi everybody!!!! :D Remember me? I would hope so...lol.
I bet ur all wondering where I've been and WHY THE CRAP I WAS GONE FOR LIKE EVER. Well...let's just say my parents got srsly pissed at me and I haven't been able to do much of anything for a while. But, I am to be ungrounded as of next Sunday so HOORAY!!! -does happy dance :P-
Ok so, guy news...Umm well I don't remember exactly what I told u guys before so here's the events of this school year:
I was dating Tyler,and he dumped me. I went back out with him a month later.(WORST IDEA EVER) Then I met this awesome guy named Josh who lives right down my street. He started coming over like every day, and soon, I realized I really liked him. Meanwhile, me and Tyler weren't exactly working out... So I dumped Tyler and went out with Josh bc he really liked me too.

So...we've been dating for about 3 weeks, and I SWEAR I am in LOVE with this guy. :D He's just so...great. <3 He ended up telling me a lot about his past and he's almost died like 15 times. And one day while we were on the bus he was telling me about how he wanted to jump off a bridge once because he thought nobody cared about him. But then he said this, and I quote, "But I'm really glad I didn't." I said," why? " And he said, "Because I would've never met you." And I knew he meant it. Completely. Later that week I started asking him how his day was and the first thing he says is, "Great" or "Awesome" and I'll ask why, and he'll say, "Because I got to see you," and then he'll say all the other stuff that happened to him that day. And he's not just saying that. He is completely in love with me too. I don't even know why, tho. He's nowhere near a jerk and he's just so sweet. Another plus is, he doesn't just want in my pants. :roll: In fact, he was so afraid to do anything at first, that he barely ever touched me. He was just being respectful though. Another thing though, is that he's 2 years older than me. A junior. Yeah. Not that it matters much to me, but given my usual dating standards, that's pretty good(lol). But he doesn't act how you'd think he would. He's just really nice, and he really, really cares about me. :D I'm just so glad to have him. <3 All my freinds really seem to like him, especially Abby. But she's had her own boy-troubles lately...so. :( Poor girl. Oh, and he and my dad get along really well too so, yay! :D

Well I better sign off guys. I'll try to get on more if I can! PROMISE.Tomorrow's going to be crazy because Josh broke his ankle. :( -shakes head & sighs- He really needs to be more careful. Byes! ;)
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Hey guys, we really need to get on more often. Nothing much for me, except Alex and I are like twins. But he's still with "it". Alex is officially my best guy buddie, he is hilarious. There is never an ackward silence in between us, and whenever we see each other, we smile and wave. We still get along better than he and his girfriend. In World Lit, our (Alex and I) are next to each other, and "it" is accross the room, she seriously is pointing daggers at me all the time. Jealous much? Seriously, ask Alex, we have a very innocent relationship, and I wouldn't dare step in on another girl and him. I'm going to wait still, and enjoy the awesome friendship. I think/hope they are nearing the end of the relationship, But yeah...
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
goymer

Post by goymer »

It's been two weeks since anyone posted here?!?!?! :shock: :shock: Well let's change that :lol:

I need some advice (I know that's all I ever seem to ask for, but you're all just so darn good at giving it :D ) It's about Lisa (if you'll cast your minds back, she's the girl I went to the cinema with on Valentines day) Well I was working the close with her on wednesday, and I found out she's engaged :o We did the same shift again on friday, and by that time they'd broken up! Turns out they'd both been having doubts about it, and when she tried to talk to him they got in a massive argument and split. It's alright though because apparently he had another girl lined up, so Lisa's actually quite happy about it all. So my question is this; what should I do now? I really don't want to leave it too long, because chance's are someone else will get in there before me. But I don't want to seem like I'm trying to strike while she may be vulnerable :?
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Goymer: I know it was scary there, we used to fill a page in a day. As for the girl, that's kind of big, so I would try to see how she's taking it. Don't step in to soon, but be a good friend to her, that's my advice.
Update: Alex and the girl have broken up. One problem, I have befriended that girl now, so yeah. Also, Alex and I are now really good friends, but I don't want to lose that. We have good times together, and tease each other alot, our other friends always ask if we are going out, and we ackwardy say no. The kicker here is, I know I should jump in now, but the other girl told me that the reason he broke up with her is that he was mad she wouldn't make out with him. Now, that can all just be rumors, and Alex doesn't seem like that kind of person. I think I'm just going to wait, this is a really good friend now, and I don't want to ruin that.
goymer

Post by goymer »

psugar wrote:Goymer: I know it was scary there, we used to fill a page in a day. As for the girl, that's kind of big, so I would try to see how she's taking it. Don't step in to soon, but be a good friend to her, that's my advice.
It's kinda weird. Has everybody got their love lives sorted? Or have all the regulars managed to go AWOL all at once :lol: And I know exactly how she's taking it, incredibly well. She's the happiest I've seen her for ages, which the situation even trickier. I don't know if she's just happy to be rid of the other guy, or if she's happy to be single :?
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

goymer wrote:
psugar wrote:Goymer: I know it was scary there, we used to fill a page in a day. As for the girl, that's kind of big, so I would try to see how she's taking it. Don't step in to soon, but be a good friend to her, that's my advice.
It's kinda weird. Has everybody got their love lives sorted? Or have all the regulars managed to go AWOL all at once :lol: And I know exactly how she's taking it, incredibly well. She's the happiest I've seen her for ages, which the situation even trickier. I don't know if she's just happy to be rid of the other guy, or if she's happy to be single :?
We are the only ones who are left, maybe we can beg Christine and everyone else to come back. If she is happy, well be cautious, and if she returns interest, go ahead buddy!

Update: Just went to the bookstore(power to the nerds!) yeah, and that's about it, look to last post if anyone else looks on the thread.

They are probably all set with their love lives.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Goymer, be kind. She'll appreciate that. Maybe bring her something at work, to show her that you are thinking about her. A book, a card, lunch. Then if that goes well then ask her out to a drink or lunch or something. My opinion is to take it slow, but show her that you are interested.

psugar, my opinion is to just hang out with Alex and enjoy being with him and keep your friendship with your friend. I wouldn't pursue anything with Alex, just let it happen as it may. (This is just my opinion and I'm an adult and really don't know what it is like anymore to be young :lol: ).
by Laniyeah on photobucket
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Hi everyone.
Just on here to give you my super-depressing news.
I guess I should start from the beginning.
Does anyone remember me being here? I really liked my best friend, like a lot...well, I knew she had some interest in my other friend, Connor. He really liked her, and he told me, but I never told him I liked her too. (Her name is Julia.) Meanwhile, I just used to talk about it with my friend Jill, but she doesn't give great advice.

Anyways, Jill must've leaked to Julia that I liked her, and Julia knew. (Of course, Julia doesn't TELL me she knows). So it was like Twilight: Julia was Bella, and she needed to choose.

She picked him.

I've been wicked depressed, because she was the one I went to for advice (like I've said, Jill = Horrible advice). Now it's awkward, because she's dating Connor. And last night at basketball, he's texting her, and I go, "Who are you talking to?" He goes, "Julia. You like her."

I don't know why the hell Julia had to tell CONNOR that I liked her. I mean, that's just unneccessary. Of course, he was absolutely right, but I denied it. Which makes things awkard, as they are both on my Relay for Life team (Relay for Life is something to raise money to benefit cancer research, you stay overnight at the high school track and walk...). I have no idea what to do, and I just need someone to talk to, but it looks as if Jill has flipped sides; and she's with Julia.

Meaning I'm alone, and I feel like Jacob...minus the sexy.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

That sucks, DRTT. Do you have a brother or sister or parent that you can confide in? Do the best that you can to be as "normal" as possible when you do the Relay for Life. Try and see it as an opportunity to be with them for a separate cause and not think about your relationships with them. I know it is hard and awkward. Again, totally sucks. (and I'm sure you have the sexy thing, just maybe not all the abs, I don't think they are humanly possible ;) )
by Laniyeah on photobucket