The Midnight Breed Book Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by Pel »

A place to discuss the Series Midnight Breed.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by una »

Yay! Our MB thread is back in action! So girls, any news besides the latest edition coming out in December?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

That doesn't sound so far away now!! Niko's book in Dec, right??

Looks like Lara opened up a forum recently. Don't know if I could fathom joining another forum, but thought it was interesting!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I noticed that too, Teak. But I cannot possible keep track of another board. I am here and on the JRW board for BDB, but I check it so rarely and I MUCH prefer the format (and people) of this board. I guess I'm board-spoiled here and really am just gun shy (after my eye-opening experience on the JRW) to go out and join another.

Yup, Niko's book is out this December. I can't WAIT, have you read the excerpt?
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

I did read the excerpt! Sounds like Niko's female is going to be quite a challenge for him!

I see Lara says she is contracted to do 8 books so far, and that she is hoping for 10 eventually. She's mentioned Sterling/Harvard, the Berlin Darkhaven guy, Kade(?if I have his name right), and then who else? Maybe some more of the newer younger guys, but I'm blanking out about their names....
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Teak wrote:I did read the excerpt! Sounds like Niko's female is going to be quite a challenge for him!

I see Lara says she is contracted to do 8 books so far, and that she is hoping for 10 eventually. She's mentioned Sterling/Harvard, the Berlin Darkhaven guy, Kade(?if I have his name right), and then who else? Maybe some more of the newer younger guys, but I'm blanking out about their names....
I can understand about blanking on their names, Teak. Despite being a better written / planned series than BDB, it seems to me to be so derivative of BDB that I have problems remembering the characters there in their own right.

I just grabbed the series off my bookshelf (to help me remember) and there's
Lucan and Gabrielle
Dante and Tess
Tegan and Elise
Rio and Dylan

Darn it, I can't even remember the name of my favourite MB vampire (the computer expert, already mated for life to his dark beauty). Can anyone help me with the names?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
-EB-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -EB- »

I believe you're thinking of Gideon. I love that he stays home for his woman.
Q: How does one insult a mathematician?A: You say: "Your brain is smaller than any Epsilon>0!"

a pet project to show my Meyer love:Image
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I still predict that Gideon will suffer a fate similar to Tohr's. He's a main character, and if he is to get his own book, he will need a new woman. Simple. I would rather he keep Savannah than get his own book though.

I'm so happy our beloved adult threads are still here.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una

Post by una »

I am glad that our adult threads have survived!!

It would be a shame because I like Gideon too and Savannah, it was hard enough to read in BDB, I don't think I want that in my MB.

There's Kade, Sterling/Harvard (MINE), Niko, darn, I loaned my books to a friend to read! I can't remember the other newbie's name.

I was looking at some website that feels that the tragedy Tohr faced is similar to Rio's. It was interesting, had a complete comparative chart of MB characters vs BDB and plot points/mythology.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Tohr's story is also similar to Tegan's. Tegan also lost his wife. True she didn't resemble his wife at the end, but he still grieves for her. It took Tegan a long time to come around and fall in love again. He's also similar to Z in many aspects as well. He's angry, distant, a loner. Falling in love with Elyse made him softer. Same thing with Rio...he's scarred like Z. He was also dangerous at first because he was so angry. He felt inside like the moster he resembled on the outside.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!