The Midnight Breed Book Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by nissanmama »

My favorite in this series was Dante. Maybe because he reminds me of Rhage. Maybe a second book thing? He just kind of kidnaps Tess (talent for healing) the way Rhage kidnaps Mary (mortal talent for teaching/healing)

Sterling? Too young?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Oh Nima as long as they are over 21 (18-20 is too immature for boys) it's never too young! :twisted:

See, you have just made my day! I claim Sterling from MB, I really like his character. It seems very appealing to have this smart, driven vamp who leaves his cushy life behind to hunt down those that killed his nephew and hurt the only woman (so far) he has loved. Albeit was a forbidden love (all the more appealing) he fought within himself to do the right thing (I love internal conflict) and now he is just the man on a mission. He's ready for a gal like me. :shock: :oops: I mean he is ready to meet the breedmate who'll tame him. *shiver*
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I hope these books are good. I just got Kiss of Midnight. I really hope it isn't a trashy mass market waste of time, but I trust my Lexicon buddies recomendations. I am glad that I can post as I read... I have found a new thread :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Spooky, you are gonna love it. Yeah, the books have a lot of baking, but it's not gratuitous. You probably should've began with Black Dagger Brotherhood, but we won't hold that against you. :D
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

***HUGS GNE***

I am so glad to be back! I was lost! You are the first person I've seen on the Lex in 2 days!!! Why should I have began with the black dagger brotherhood??? I have not read a bit yet. I can stop. I have made no commitments. Is that a different series or a book I should read before.

and I love the Halloween theme!!!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

The Black Dagger Brotherhood is a completely different series, yet it is very similar to Midnight Breed. Most of us here who have read one have read the other. As I stated above, the series are similar in that they are both about hot alpha male vampire warriors who enjoy baking. Some of the characters are similar as well. The writing for MB is better, but most of us will agree that BDB's characters are more charismatic. All my friends & myself read BDB first. That's was my reasoning on why you should've read it first...just because we all did. :D

I'm glad you are back on the Lex. I'm sorry I didn't see your SOS until a few minutes ago. It didn't even dawn on me that I responded to you hours earlier. I'm such a dork.

I need to buy MB books 1 and 2 so I can re-read before Niko is out. Eeep.

Thanks for the compliment, Spooky. I wanted to be festive.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Very nice banner, GNE!

Spookybella you should read the Brother first. It makes MB that much better. I prefer the writing of MB but the characters and mythology of BDB is better. However, that's not to say that the mythology of MB is bad, just different. I read BDB first and LOVED it. Then I read MB. I had heard everyone telling me they are SO much alike and blah, blah, blah. To me, yes there are a few similarities, but not enough to degrade the series. I really like MB (oh and before you get any ideas, girl, Harvard aka Sterling is MINE :twisted: ) and thoroughly enjoy it. When I started reading (because of the warnings) I was trying to find the similarities and constantly compare. Halfway through the first book I stopped and enjoyed them that much more. A few (people who don't post her anymore) made me feel like they are carbon copies and they aren't. Some similarities yes, but nothing alike.

I loaned my set out to by book buddy GNE. I need to get them back so I can do my reread before Niko's book! Have you read the excerpt on Lara's site?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

una wrote:I had heard everyone telling me they are SO much alike and blah, blah, blah. To me, yes there are a few similarities, but not enough to degrade the series. ... Halfway through the first book I stopped and enjoyed them that much more. A few (people who don't post her anymore) made me feel like they are carbon copies and they aren't. Some similarities yes, but nothing alike.
I felt this way as well. You can't compare space aliens to the genetics of BDB. The bad guys are much better in MB too. BDB has more personality, but they are both great for different reasons.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Well, I think i will go ustalize my points on paperbackswap.com and get all the books and trust you all and start
Brotherhood first.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Spooky, you won't be disappointed.

I felt the books were similar at first, and I still compare, but as most of you know by now, I draw comparisons between everything and everybody. I'm an English instructor, and it's ingrained in me now to see the parallels. That's why I'm so good at Twilightize :lol: .

I'm sure Hastings has the first 2 MB books. I will check on it sometime before December.

Una: I returned SVM 2 and exchanged it for DH 5. Since I'm waiting for SVM 2, I went ahead and began reading DH 5. It's really good. The series just keeps getting better!!

Nima: I will wait and send you the books when I have DH 5 read. That may be Saturday morning. My Jeep is going in the shop again in the morning, so I will be chauffeured by KNE all day until he leaves for hunting.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!