The Midnight Breed Book Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by Elizabeth »

I just read the first book in the series. I can see the similarities between the BDB are apparent, but that's all they are, similarities. I do like the descriptive nature of the BDB better though. I didn't really care for this first book. I know that Gabby loves Lucan and most people will put up with a lot for love, but he said some awful things that he never apologized for- he brought up her age to undermine her logic, and basically implied she was nothing more than a sex toy. I know Lucan did this all out of fear and to attempt to push Gabby away, but it just made the relationship seem unhealthy and he was so cruel about his way of distancing himself from her. I was in a relationship where I experienced similar things, and looking back, I know it was unhealthy and could relate- maybe that's why I didn't really like the book. Anyone have any takes on the first book? I think I may continue with the series, but I have yet to get attached like I did with the characters in BDB. Hopefully, the series and characters gets better for me. I think I'll look into the Psy/Changeling series next, I've seen the thread and read a synopsis for the first novel in the series and it looks interesting!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I think the Psy/Changling series is really well written. I like it better than MB. In fact, the first book is one of my favorites in that series. The thing I appreciate in the MB series is the bad guys are well crafted whereas lessers are kind of boring. I think the second book, Dante, is my favorite vamp from the MB series.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I'm happy to know I wasn't the only person who didn't care for the first book. Dante seems like an interesting character, I'm sure I'll enjoy his story much more! I'm interested in learning more about Rio, he reminds me of Phury because of his fashion. It's nice to see that the vampires in MB come from different countries and live all over the world. I do have one question though, how does a potential breedmate actually become part of the bloodmate bond? Dante accidentally bit one, so his he automatically bonded to her? The first book mentioned bloodmates exchanging blood, but how does the bond become official?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Elizabeth wrote:I do have one question though, how does a potential breedmate actually become part of the bloodmate bond? Dante accidentally bit one, so his he automatically bonded to her?
Yes. Done, game over. It doesn't become official in the sense that you are suggesting, however, until she drinks from him, willing or not. As long as Tess lives now, Dante will know where she is and how she's feeling. He is bonded to her.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

30 more days until Veil of Midnight! Amazon already has reviews. I'm excited!! :lol:

Veil of Midnight on Amazon

Review
“Evocative, enticing, erotic…enter Lara Adrian’s world and be enchanted!” —J. R. Ward, author of Lover Unbound

Product Description
Bound by blood, addicted to danger, they'll enter the darkest—and most erotic—place of all.

A warrior trained in bullets and blades, Renata cannot be bested by any man—vampire or mortal. But her most powerful weapon is her extraordinary psychic ability—a gift both rare and deadly. Now a stranger threatens her hard-won independence—a golden-haired vampire who lures her into a realm of darkness…and pleasure beyond imagining.

A combat-loving adrenaline junkie, Nikolai dispenses his own justice to enemies of the Breed—and his latest quarry is a ruthless assassin. One woman stands in his way: the seductive, cool-as-ice bodyguard, Renata. But Renata’s powers are put to the test when a loved one, a child, is threatened and she’s forced to turn to Niko for help. As the two join forces, as desire fans the flames of a deeper hunger, Renata’s life is under siege by a man who offers the exquisite pleasure of a blood bond—and a passion that could save or doom them both forever.…
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I have got to make reading a priority!!!! All I am going to do winter break is Read Read Read!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Thank you for posting this GNE. I was going to look it up but forgot. I thought there was one being released soon. I'm going to have to reread the series again so i can remember what happens. It's been awhile.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Thanks for the Amazon link, GNE! I'm very excited. Niko's a cool guy and I'm really curious to read about Renata. She seems like a real kick butt heroine. I wonder if she will join the Breed and be a fighter. The exerpt and the book trailer on Adrian site is really good too.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

CG, you beat me to it! I read the excerpt and was going to post it for everyone. It is really good, and if you read the sneak peak at the end of Rio's book, this proves to maybe be the best book yet of the series! I'm SO excited.

Spookybella, I know how you feel. I typically spend most of the week between Christmas and New Year's reading since our office closes down. :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Sorry, Una! I got too excited. :twisted: The book trailer mentions something about a kidnapped child. I don't remember any kids being kidnapped in the other 4 books. Did I miss something? I know one of the breedmates is pregnant with a younging, but I don't remember her giving birth. Hmm...I guess we shall soon find out!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!