The Midnight Breed Book Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Una: get the address and I will write a letter. I haven't read the short stories by Singh. I doubt my crappy excuse of a library has it.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

No worries, I'll try to get the address and see.

I understand about waiting - I'm still waiting for my library to get City of Ashes... :evil: They have three libraries listed as "on order".
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Bwahahahaha....I'm such a dork. Sorry about that Elizabeth (and Una). :lol: :lol: :lol:
No worries! I'm getting confused myself with the abbreviations for novels and I have to keep going back and forth between threads to find out where I've read about certain characters. What's the BDB you all speak of? ( hehe, I sounded so proper!)

Is Midnight Breed a finished series or is the writer still adding novels? What's the basic premise for MD, and is considered YA? I stumbled across the Southern Vampires thread, so I'm trying to compare the two series'.

Goodnight Elizabeth: I didn't know the actor that played Julian in Kindred died! I don't remember the series making it on tv, that may be why. Anyone know if Kindred was canceled or if had a conclusion?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Elizabeth - the best way to find out about the series is Amazon since you can see what the synopsis of each book is and get a series of reviews. Don't take our word because those that post to book threads here typically really like them and we gush over them.

Here is a the Cliff Note Version - but I urge you to check out either Shelfari or Amazon for more info (or the author's websites) Please note this is MY interpretation:
MB = Midnight Breed - Vampire warriors series, romance, moderately graphic series by Lara Adrian, not completed.
BDB = Black Dagger Brotherhood - Vampire warrior series, romance, VERY graphic by J.R. Warden, not completed.

Neither book series in ANY way, shape or form could be considered YA. They are ADULT books, not for young people. This includes the Sookie Stackhouse series also known at the Southern Vampire series.

If you are interested in YA, I recommend you look into the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, House of Night series by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast and/or Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber.

If you are an avid reader and interested in discussing books and seeing what other people are reading, I urge you to get a Shelfari page. There is a thread here on the lex (in the Flight to Phoenix). It's an online bookshelf where you can track what you are reading, what you have read and what you plan to read. I love it so I can keep track of novels/series that people recommend to me and I share my recommendations too.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

una wrote:Elizabeth - the best way to find out about the series is Amazon since you can see what the synopsis of each book is and get a series of reviews. Don't take our word because those that post to book threads here typically really like them and we gush over them.

Here is a the Cliff Note Version - but I urge you to check out either Shelfari or Amazon for more info (or the author's websites) Please note this is MY interpretation:
MB = Midnight Breed - Vampire warriors series, romance, moderately graphic series by Lara Adrian, not completed.
BDB = Black Dagger Brotherhood - Vampire warrior series, romance, VERY graphic by J.R. Warden, not completed.

Neither book series in ANY way, shape or form could be considered YA. They are ADULT books, not for young people. This includes the Sookie Stackhouse series also known at the Southern Vampire series.

If you are interested in YA, I recommend you look into the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, House of Night series by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast and/or Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber.

If you are an avid reader and interested in discussing books and seeing what other people are reading, I urge you to get a Shelfari page. There is a thread here on the lex (in the Flight to Phoenix). It's an online bookshelf where you can track what you are reading, what you have read and what you plan to read. I love it so I can keep track of novels/series that people recommend to me and I share my recommendations too.
Thanks for all the info! I'm not looking for YA or anything in genre in particular, I was just looking for some good reads. It seems like they're all worth the time or else we wouldn't have these threads right?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
una

Post by una »

Elizabeth wrote:Thanks for all the info! I'm not looking for YA or anything in genre in particular, I was just looking for some good reads. It seems like they're all worth the time or else we wouldn't have these threads right?
Exactly. I just want to make sure you get a balanced review of the books, especially if you are thinking of buying them. We who post on the book threads are HORRIBLY biased, we love them which is why we are here! :D Please feel free to pm me or check out my shelfair page, I'm Una there too, I'm more than happy to discuss books.

So back to MB - I feel like Nima pacing like Vaugh as I wait for Sterling's book and he isn't even listed yet! Grr!

I am still trying to find a good likeness of him.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I was cruising the net for PSD's when I found this one that I think is a dang good Nikolai.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Thanks for the PSD, Nima. :lol: He has the same chin as Sylvestor Stallone or something. I can't stand SS. Also, I don't like all the veins sticking up on his arm. Ewww. As a matter of fact, I don't think I like guys that are real bulky and muscle-y.

I can't wait for Niko's book. I miss those warriors.

By the way: I love your new avi!!! Soo cute. Raar!!

ETA: After seeing Variety's post to Una on the P/C thread-->
By una on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:04 pm:
una wrote:Yay! Our MB thread is back in action!
Silly SuperTwin! You were the very first post after Pel. I will cut you some slack since the thread has been comatose for a while. XOXO.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una

Post by una »

I'm such a Dork!

Thank you SuperTwin, you are the best! Yes, it has been comatose for so long I forgot we have a thread! :oops: Don't tell Harvard...he might get offended!

I LOVE your avi, Nima it's perfect. I think I will attempt to make a new one.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I haven't fell for any of the breed warriors like I did with BDB, but I will say that I do like Tegan. *ducks from GNE* I thought his book was the strongest out of the four that were released. Maybe I just liked him and Elyse together. They made a good pair. Niko's book should be interesting and I hope it's better than Rio's book, which left me hanging.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!