Hobbit Village~ The LoTR General Discussion Thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Hobbit Village~ The LoTR General Discussion Thread

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*searches for inner funny and pulls it away from browniechadowes fic's* I'll get to it!

EDIT: Done! Mostly... the ending feels a bit like an epic fail, but I'm kinda stuck... *must work on that*
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I would love to help and read it when it's done! :D
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

LadyViolet wrote:I will confess i have only read the books through once but i adore the films to the point that i have watched all three extended versions and most of the special features upon said dvds (im a freak i know) and i can probably tell you a large variety of random trivia from when they were filming the movies plus i can recite quite a few of the lines along with the characters - much to the annoyance of whoever im watching the films with :oops:
I've only read the books through once as well, i haven't finished the Return of the King yet, been distracted by moving house and then other new shiny books.

I've also got all three on extended edition and love watching the extras, especially The Two Towers ones (White light, White light) and i also recite lines and give out random bits of trivia...especially that the guy playing Gimli was allergic to the prosthetics...love doing it. When watching the second and third movie, i always skip the Sam and Frodo parts, because they are so boring, i know that they are the main bits of the film, but i can't help it, i want to see more of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. The best Elf was the one played by Craig Parker...Haldir, love him!

My favourite movie is the Two Towers, but it's been a long time since i read any of the books, so i will have to dig them out when we finally get around to bringing my books back, so i don't have a favourite book.

Has anyone else played the LoTR online game? (I know, i'm a big dork)
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

I would love to play a game like that (even though I seriously have no time). Where is it at? Could you give the web address?
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

lotro.com I think. Its like WoW but LOTR style- It looks pretty cool. I haven't played myself, because I have neither the time nor the money to do so. Its definetely not free, or I'd play. Even though I hate RPGs...

I'm having a couple people beta it cuz I don't like the end, but here's the link to Sauron: A Day in the Life of the Eye of Sauron (last post on the page)
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

:lol: THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN AGES!!! :lol:
You even got my husband to read the Lex and laugh his head off!
You so need to submit that to one of the LOTR communities. Everyone would enjoy it.
You are absolutely brilliant! Share the funniness!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Aww, thanks! :oops: :D
If I knew any LOTR communities, I would. I don't even have a FF acount, so *shrugs*
I've been ordered to write a sequel so Sam can find Frodo's eyedrops. I'll get to it once I wake up and steal my inner funny back from Percy Jackson, where its currently hiding.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

This can be used to discuss books and movies...What do you think of the new HOBBIT movie? Are you excited for it to come out? Can it live up to the other 3 movies that have been made?
by Laniyeah on photobucket