Hobbit Village~ The LoTR General Discussion Thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Remmett_Until_Dusk
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Hobbit Village~ The LoTR General Discussion Thread

Post by Remmett_Until_Dusk »

obieewok wrote:Ok. I was totally uninterested in anything LOTR related, but hubby made me watch it. He said that there was enough eye candy to keep me interested, and since he turned me on to Doctor Who and Torchwood (I'm a BBC AMERICA FREAK) I couldn't deny him this.

I sat down and watched the movies.

Legolas is seriously the most coolest thing ever. There's some scene where he is getting on a horse and it's seriously the coolest thing EVER. You know when Legolas looks scared YOU should be scared because the dude has it totally together.

And Aragon----well, no words need to be said. That dude is HOT. I was like "Why haven't I watched these things before??????"

So, yep, not only was the eye candy a plenty, but the story was awesome. Hubs says I should read the book, especially since The Hobbit is being made into a movie. He says the books have a ton more detail so I think I might take a stab at reading them. Man I wish I looked like Liv Tyler.

Color me happy.
that was what i was going to say. sorry for double posting but i forgot and have now remembered.
Doctor Who and Torchwood rock (i'm a BBC Wales freak so ha). and yes Legolas is the coolest thing ever.
let's just say it again. Legolas is the coolest thing ever.
and no Aragon sucks. Legolas is the coolest thing ever.
hehehe one more time. They're taking the hobbits to isengard.
whoops, i mean. Legolas is the coolest thing ever.
hehehe - Legols.
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
Demolition Crew! But not as good as Jasper's Confederate Army! Hell Yeah!
Team PG!-Remmett Nightstorm. ~ Cullenism and patriotism and the host. ~
Cullenism Martyr/Missionary in training.
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

@Remmett----I know........I'm trading one addiction for another. I want to be in whatever Legolas-Edward sandwich will have me.

Legolas is AMAZING.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Remmett_Until_Dusk

hehehe - Carlisle forgive me but i'm going ot steal a major's little moto.
'I am the only person allowed to stalk Jasper'
(you'll know what i mean if you go on Jasper's confederate army)
but with me it's I AM THE ONLY PERSON ALLOWED TO STALK LEGOLAS
so there.
hehehe - i'm sorry, he's just too perfect.
like a whole different league.
even better than -gulp- Edward. Cullen.

hell, lord of the rings has gone to my head.
=]
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

wow, i'm so glad i made you come round two fridays in a row and forced you to sit and watch them...we'll show beth and jeny..legolas well kicks aragorns but!!!
see dannii-although legolas is the coolest thing ever i 'm still not sure if i prefer the sliding down the stairs on a sheild while shooting orks, then killing ork with the shield or the twirly batnessof jaspers awesomness....i just can't decide yet......oh well, i have far to many dorky obsessions, i suppose two being joint first doesn't matter
ha...remmett-i am soo stevie rae!<---but with eric and zoey's dorkyness.
and replacethe county and western with oasis and stuf from the madchester scene...and shove alittle arwen in there too<--she is the best.....
in fact, just call me
Captain elfman-smithdude-combover-kingperson-argorn's wife-y-thing-McDadman of the starship enterprise
LOL..drat, i still need to get torchwood/doc who, starwars, eraon and marked in tere too..help me best friend brain twin!

so question...which books do people prefer...the hobbit or the lord of the rings?
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Remmett_Until_Dusk

neither, i haven't read them.
...oh, that question wasn't for me.
whoops.
well now, even though the twirly bat thing is a key moment in cullenist legends, i still think legolas is cooler.
sorry.

and yes, Arwen rocks.
*sigh* you know my silver/purple elven circlet? i can't find one which matches legolas.
*big grin* if i had benjamin's powers, i could be his forest elven princess.
*daydreams aimlessly* ahh, what a life.

i've got another question for fellow lotr nerds (on top of alicesme's)

is it 'elven' or 'elvish' ???
because i could swear they use both.
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I definitely prefer The Lord of the Rings, all three of them. I usually read it as a whole paying no attention to the division in three books...

I'm glad the movies made a lot of people know Tolkien and his wonderful stories but I suggest that everybody read the books, though long and boring they may seem. Some of the characters - and Legolas is one of them - are totally different in the books. Legolas, for example, is so much cooler, and wise, and perfect. In the movie he looks like some sort of flower-power hippy freak who likes to kills some orcs now and then. He has nothing of the fierceness and strength and courage of the noble elf prince in the book.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

I prefer The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion. You can never find a author like Tolkien nowadays.

I would recommend The Silmarillion to those who have already read The Hobbit and LotR. It's mainly on the events that happened in the First Age.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
Remmett_Until_Dusk

dimber wrote:Legolas, for example, is so much cooler, and wise, and perfect. In the movie he looks like some sort of flower-power hippy freak who likes to kills some orcs now and then. He has nothing of the fierceness and strength and courage of the noble elf prince in the book.
he's WHAT????!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, how can you SAY that?!!!

LEGOLAS IS PERFECT IN THE MOVIES!
i can accept that he might be more noble and wise and brave in the books, i haven't read them yet. then again, it is the same character; so don't be mean to orlando!

oh, just incase anyone was interested...
I am Legolas 'Greenleaf's official stalker. no one is allowed to stalk Legolas but me. no one.

:D LOVE YOU LEGOLAS.
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Remmett_Until_Dusk wrote:They're taking the hobbits to isengard.
Have you SEEN that video? It is the most fricken HILLARIOUS thing EVER!

And on Legolas, I agree with dimber. Legolas is mainly in there to look hot. Which is nice, I appreciate eye candy, but they had to add in parts for him in the movie. He's hardly in the book at all, but when he is in htere, he's a powerful prescence. Unlike his little boyish excitable "I'm so cool I will kill you with my sexiness!" attitude in the movie.
Oh, and you're not the only Legolas stalker. I've had dibs on him since I was ten.

And I like The Children of Hurin best, but mostly because everyone DIES. I have a very weid thing for depressing stories, but its an amazing book.
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

ha, i love they're taking the hobbits to isenguard..funniest vid ever!!!...oh and how lotr should have ended..that's really good too...i mean i love the books and all but this ved is freaking hillarious.
i know that legolas is a much more developed character in the books and all, but i still love himin the films...i think it is mainly because they added all the battles and stuff with more detail than tolkein ever wrote about them, so they needed to add something special to them, and they decided to have these parts as legolas' focus.
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer