Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by una »

I have read a few audiobooks (read or listen????) but it was because I really liked the book (which I read first) and got the audio version so I could listen to it when doing chores or gardening or working out. A friend just gave me an audiobook for something I haven't read and I haven't listened to it yet...but we'll see. I do prefer to have a book, tangible thing, in my hands.

For those that are interested, found this little interview tid-bit...the video is down the page a bit....
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Darn student teaching and soul sucking portfolio! I won't be able to read Revh for a couple of weeks. I checked my local libraries and I won't have a problem getting a copy. Maybe this is good so that I can get my rereads in before I start his book. I really miss the Bros and I can't wait to find out what's been going on.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Thank goodness Cullengirl... I am busy with report cards... I prefer to read!

I like audio books (not all)
I used to have a 45 min. commute to and from work.

I usually read a book first then listen to the audio. The Potter series were fantastic on audio. Twilight was good and I listened after I read it. I pick up different things.

I often listen to my thrillers on audio like Dean Koontz and don't bother with the book.

I thought I would hate audio books, but I have come to love them especially if it is a good reader. Some books I can't listen to because I can't stand the reader.

It's all personal taste really. I probably would feel different if I wasn't a slow reader with dyslexia, even though I have always loved books with a passion.

I recently ran into an old sunday school teacher and she said "You were the girl who sat in the back of my class and read the whole time."

I laughed. I don't remember that!

also, I must tell you I am extatic to have moved up a rank.... it took a long time as I have been awol
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, because of progress reports and ESE evaluations for all my students....ugh!...I finally finished Rehv last night! Anyoen wanna chat? PM me! :D

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I never thought I would like audio books, but you are so on point Spooky. I've listened to Agnes and the Hitman numerous times because the reader was so good (and the book is just fantastic anyway...it's by Jennifer Cruise and I really recommend it). I've listened to a book by Steve Martin and as the writer and reader it was very good. I think books read by the author tend to be good because they know where the emphasis should go and such. However there are some good readers out there. A friend just gave me a thriller I haven't read yet on audio (well..it's on my ipod). I'm going to give it a shot.
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

~Not into Audio Books. I always feel like they use the wrong tone at times and it bugs me.

~I got a 40% off coupon for Borders, so Im going tomorrow to buy it.

~Never heard of "ebook"....anyone have the link?
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I FINISHED!!! Anyone that wants to discuss it, please PM me! *sigh*

I putting the following on here instead of PM b/c I think other people may want to know the info:

Addicted: I use "Kindle for iPhone" which is basically a free application for iPhone to use Amazon's Kindle. I buy books directly from Amazon. But you have to have either the Kindle application like I do, or an actual Kindle. Ebooks are electronic books. They come in different formats. I've tried Adobe's digital reader, which is a free program from Adobe (like their Reader program that reads "pdf" files). I've purchased one book that way from a site called Books On Board. It was easy to do and use, but you have to sit at your computer to read the books that way. I did not see JR Ward's books on this site, but I only did a very quick review. I think books need to be in paperback before they get on the ebook sites.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

wow - I am begininning to feel inadequate. I am reading and making progress...

IThe time of the no chat band lifts whe???
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Hi ladies!

I just wanted to pop over and say hello! I'm Rachel, 26 from CA. I am a regular over at the Gen Y thread and they were talking about BDB and piqued my interest, so I started reading them about a month ago and just finished Rehv's book last night. I can't believe how much I love these books and these characters! I am so glad to be caught up, but having to wait for the next one is annoying, haha. I read them all on my Kindle (my favorite possession) and was so excited when I came across Father Mine, it was like a bonus treat! :D

Anyway, I plan on joining in on discussions here but I have to take a hiatus from the Lex until my finals are over (I'm in law school and they start on Thursday). I have done zero studying, thanks to the Brothers :lol: So I am putting away my Kindle, the Lex, and Facebook.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and the Brothers better when I get back!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
una

Post by una »

Welcome roseaurora!! Glad to have you join us!

Our spoiler-free discussion ends next week. May 12 is when we can start our spoiler discussion if that still works for everyone. If not, please let us know ASAP so we can modify the schedule. We giving it two weeks from the release date.