Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by una »

Yes, the WARDen and mysterious ways. :? :banghead:

FanMNM, that quote (thanks to the all powerful Nima) is from DL. Wrath did say that to Beth. That is the example of the WARDen (as she warned) pulling from previous books because she didnt' think she had enough quotes from LUn to use. *snort* I'm sure. These books are HOW many pages? Gimme a break!

NO WARDen Updates!

Okay, here is the revised list of quotes (I was missing a bunch in the middle):
  • "As she came out of the darkness by her grave, she took a halting breath and nearly sobbed. There he was in the flesh. Her boss. Her colleague. The one she’d left behind. And he was standing over a black headstone that had her name carved in its face." (Jane)

"Scanning the inside of the club, he put his [baking] filter on and began weeding through the women and the men and the couples. There was one and only one reason he’d come here, and it was the same for the other Goths in the place. This was not for a relationship. This was not even for companionship. This was all about the in and out..." (Qhuinn)

"This time he moaned deep in his throat as he lowered the candle tip—because he knew what was coming. More moaning. More wax. A loud curse that was followed by another hiss. There was no need to go pneumatic. The pain was enough..." (V)

"“I am . . . absolutely destroyed at the loss.”" (Manny)

"Inch by inch, he separated the tripart weave, the waves both slick and clinging. And because he was a [jerk], all he could think about was the [stuff] all over his bare chest . . . his abs . . . his [rolling pin]—
    “That’s far enough,” she said." (Manny playing with Payne's braid)

"His father rode up to him and smiled with a vicious edge. “Mayhap afterward we shall enjoy the fruits of the gardens herein.”" (Bloodletter - but the WARDen won't say WHO he is talking to)

"“You want me,” she drawled when they were face-to- face.
    “Yeah. Hell, yeah.” His hands grabbed her waist and pulled her in tight, and then he cupped her hips and held her against him. “Gimme your mouth.”" (Manny to Payne) (NOTE: The WARDen, after stating this is from Manny and Payne said her editor believes that this book is her hottest yet)

"“Yup.” Butch grinned and raised his glass. “You want another round.”
    “You bet your balls.”" (Butch to V)

"When he took his palms away, there was a slickness left behind, one that he refused to think too much about.
    “I’m in love,” he said hoarsely. “With someone else. That’s why.”" (Qhuinn...but she didn't say WHO he was talking to)

"He was utterly empty, to the point where he was curious where the ambulation routine was coming from, because he sure as [baked] wasn’t doing anything consciously. Stopping and staring across the sluggish, stinking waters of the Hudson, he laughed cold and hard." (V)

""I would do anything for you. Anything.”
    With that, he pushed his way out . . . and as the door eased shut, she realized that I love you could indeed be said without actually uttering the phrase. Actions did mean more than words." (V spoken to WHO?)

"“Are you just going to watch, true?”" (V to WHO?)

"Blay smoothed the duvet over his chest. A couple of times. “Do I . . . please you.”" (said to Saxton)

""No." He paused. "The idea you will someday score another male's skin with your teeth and take his blood inside of you makes me want to stab something."" (Wrath to Beth in DL) ***This is where the retro-quotes start so from here on...could be from LUn or from a previous book.
AND Today's quote: (Please note, I corrected what I believe to be a typo, "plese")
  • "He closed his eyes. "Please... I have to do this. I can't leave you all... covered with that stuff.""
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

"He closed his eyes. "Please... I have to do this. I can't leave you all... covered with that stuff."
Oooh, I think I know this one! My guess is it's Z talking to Beth after they were initmate in LA. That book broke my heart in so many pieces.

I wonder if that Qhuinn quote is him talking to Layla. Are they still doing their "lesson"?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Yesterday's quote from from Z, speaking to Bella.

The WARDen's site is currently down, when it is back up, I'll check for updates.

Here is your quote for the day:
  • She smiled a little. "You are a manipulator."
    "I like to think of myself more as an outcome engineer."
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Hmm..that's either Rhage and Mary or V and Jane. I'm leaning towards Rhage and Mary, but not sure.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I can say with complete authority that that quote is between Rhage and Mary. :twisted:

So question: Do you think the Rice Krispies will make something of the coffins still stacked in the underground garage at the mansion?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

*Snicker* I think even she forgot about the coffins or even the lesser jars. I've noticed they stop using the jar ever since Butch's prophecy came out.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

una wrote: FanMNM, that quote (thanks to the all powerful Nima) is from DL. Wrath did say that to Beth. That is the example of the WARDen (as she warned) pulling from previous books because she didnt' think she had enough quotes from LUn to use. *snort* I'm sure. These books are HOW many pages? Gimme a break!
[/list]
Sorry, I missed that! Recognize it now!

I loved the quote about the "outcome engineer'! Thought it was great :D

To be honest, I'd forgotten about those coffins in the garage. And I had noticed the lack of lesser jars, but then again, there has been a fast decline in lessers lately, too. Butch's ability to totally destroy them kinda took over there...

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

OH... Thank you all. This is what I love about you guys and this thread. Great discussions!

First I'm jumping back to the first set of info from UNA (THANK YOU!!)

The Muhrder we met in the "recollections" in LM was the father of the Muhrder that is living in LA in a sort of exile and has the assorted past with Xhex.

I'm sorry - but WHAT? LAME... So even tho Xhex recognized Muhrder, it's not "her Muhrder?!" Stupid!

Second... there were the quote about "just watching" from V... here is your threesome. I'm guessing V, Jane and Butch or Manny. The quote ""I would do anything for you. Anything.”
With that, he pushed his way out . . . and as the door eased shut, she realized that I love you could indeed be said without actually uttering the phrase. Actions did mean more than words." (V spoken to WHO?)
makes me wonder if Jane and Manny need to "get the past out of their system."

There was something else, but I forget now. *sigh* Can't wait!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

twilightmom wrote:Second... there were the quote about "just watching" from V... here is your threesome. I'm guessing V, Jane and Butch or Manny. The quote ""I would do anything for you. Anything.”
makes me wonder if Jane and Manny need to "get the past out of their system."
Now that you say it that way, Twimom, I think you maybe right with Jane, V, and Manny. I wonder if seeing Manny again triggered something with Jane. There is a quote when she is crying when she watches Manny look at her headstone.

I also remember that Ward saying that Butch also has a rough time in the book too. I'm thinking that's because V's distraught and doesn't want to open up or want help, which makes me wonder: Do you think V's book was written prematurely?
una

Post by una »

TwiMom, maybe I made that too short. When we read in JM's book about the past... When Darius is meeting with the brotherhood and takes the Young Tohr as his assistant to investigate the missing daughter, the Murhder in that scene is Xhex's Murhder's father. So the Murhder we see with the film crew...that IS Xhex's Murhder. Does that make more sense?

I don't think so. Just like Z, his healing and recovery didn't end with his book, he had too much to get resolved, it was just that the healing started. Which explains the novella later on. I think this is part of it. V's story was never finished in his book because he still didn't know his twin. V story cannot be resolved until Payne's, but I don't think she (and hopefully this doesn't change after we read her book) was ready to be introduced yet. Eh...we'll see when LUn comes out.

Yup, the last quote was indeed Rhage and Mary.

Quotes:
""I don't do farm animals."
"Can't stay hay in your leathers?"
"Or wool in my teeth."
"Ah... so what's the answer (sic)?"" (Butch and V)

""Don't be frightened of me," he whispered.
"I'm not."
"Are you sure?"
"Absolutely positive," she lied." (Rehv and Ehlena)

""...I think as long as there's an Why are we talking about a donkey? in there, it'll be accurate."
"How about basstard?" Z suggested
"Nice. I feel that.""

So, who is Z talking to in the last quote AND what book does the above two quotes come from?

No WARDen updates.