Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by cullengirl »

I did some digging tonight. It's a no longer called "The Rebel", but The Irresistible Bachelor, which was originally published under Jessica Bird in 2004. It's a reprint with a much better cover. Here is a description for that book:

For struggling art conservationist Callie Burke, the chance to restore a world-famous painting is the opportunity of a lifetime—one that no one in her right mind would turn down. Call her crazy, but Callie has serious reservations about working with the painting’s owner. Warm and sexy, Jack Walker makes no attempt to hide the strong attraction he feels for Callie—even as she tries to keep their relationship professional. Now, cocooned in his studio in Boston, she will either have to learn to ignore the man and concentrate on the masterpiece, or give in to the kind of passion that can never be captured on canvas.

Jack Walker is a practical man who runs his life, his empire, and his fortune effortlessly. Yet from the moment he met Callie Burke, he wanted her with all the intensity of a first crush. As he gets to know her, the desire blossoms into something more—and Jack finds that for the first time in his life he is leading with his heart instead of his head. . . .
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Sorry FanMNM, I must have blanked on the question. CG is right on as usual. It's one of the "Jessica Bird" re-releases. I haven't read the other, in fact, I still need to read Crave.

Today's quote:
'"What I want, I take."
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Wow, that's a tough quote. It could be said by any of the Brothers. My first guess is Wrath and my second guess is Z, but I have no clue from which book. I see them talking like that to either their shellans or fighting the lessers. *Shrugs*
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

The quote that Una posted is in fact spoken by Z to Bella, which I think is from Rhage's book.

Today's quote: ""Good one. A question posed in the form of a statement. You will, of course, not be surprised when I do not indulge you. Go now, warrior. Go to your female..."

^^That's from the *grumble grumble* SV to Wrath.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Thanks for the info guys! :)

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Thanks for covering me CG!

Here are the latest:
1. No! he screamed soundlessly. Nooooo-
Except it was a perfect shot. The slug caught XXXX in the temple- about two inches away from XXXX's own head... (sic)
For some reason, neither the shooter nor the accuracy was a surprise even though it had been a one-in-a-million Hail Mary."

2. "Her lips flattened tight as her eyes stung. The handwriting got wavy and then disappeared.
"Maybe you can't read it," he said in a small voice. "I can do it over.""

That's it. The WARDen has posted several pictures of the books and her signing them. Which explains the last quote was posted Sat. night. I'll keep an eye out for more.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

The first one was the first time JM shot a gun at a lesser, pre-transition outside of the nightclub. Can't remember which book that was in.

The second quote was between Bella and Z when she comes back to tell him that she's pregnant and he tells her he loves her by writing it out, even before he knows he's going to be a daddy. *sniff*

Sooooo...I'm going to the Warden's book signing in Crestview, KY on April 9th! That's just a little over half an hour's drive from my house. I'll post pics and give you all the low down and what not from that event. *squee*

PSTD: If I can give credit to CG here, she sent me this youtube of Vishous earlier today. Enjoy.

ETA: Nevermind...I watched it again and...yeah. Forgot about the whole "whipped eggs" part of his personality. See, this is how I get myself in trouble. *heavy sigh* How about instead we do a nicely done piece of artwork?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote: PSTD: If I can give credit to CG here, she sent me this youtube of Vishous earlier today. Enjoy.

ETA: Nevermind...I watched it again and...yeah. Forgot about the whole "whipped eggs" part of his personality. See, this is how I get myself in trouble. *heavy sigh* How about instead we do a nicely done piece of artwork?
*Snicker* I know exactly what you are thinking, Nimama. Yeah, the videos are a bit too ghuttery for the lex. Although I thought this guy from one of the video would be a good contender for V. Maybe with a longer hair and a more of a defined goatee?
una

Post by una »

Jane seems to...curvy to be Jane...I thought she was more athletic looking. In fact, I always think that Xhex and Jane had similar body types, but Xhex was more...refined and attractive in that sense than Jane who looks plainer. I hope that makes sense.

I posted some BDB PSDs over in the gutter! But my favorite I'll repost here.... It's a flashback to the times before Butch transitioned (and I think before Rhage found Mary)... Guys are back and getting ready to go out (see Fritz in the background..helping...)

Here is today's Quote:
""I'm going to get on my knees." His head went down and he nipped her collar bone. "Say to me now, 'And then what, X."
(sic)
"No, you start over. From the beginning... start over and do it right this time.""

And from the other two:

1 = JM seeing Tohr shoot Lash...
2 = Z and his Bella.
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

The guy in the back of that picture could be Fritz!

For some reason, I'm channeling Revh and Elena with that quote. So, that's my guess.