Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by cullengirl »

I'm subbing for Una today. The last quote posted here is about Tohr and John from Lover Mine, I believe.

Today's quote is: "Peaches, anyone?"

25 more days!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

A quote from the most wonderful man-servant around, Fritz. (Last line of the very first book!)
How long do you think the waiting list will be at the public library? I don't want hard cover because it won't match my others!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Thank you CG and, yes, that John and Tohr quote was from Lover Mine.

I LOVE that line and that book has made "peaches" so blush worthy. :twisted:

CG, the WARDen is evil/sneaky and posts the quote the evening before. So here is the one that was before today's, "Peaches, anyone?"

This one, the WARDen admits, was a bit too easy. (AND, I had to edit it for our PG-13 rating)
"Please. That thing is a sewing machine with an air dam taped to it. My GTO could dust the [thing] in fourth gear from a dead stop."
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Yup, that was our dear Fritz!

Here's the catch up!! Who said what?!?!

Quotes:
1. ""Talk. I want to hear your voice... (sic) Say nothing. Over and over and over again. Do it.""

2. "XXX(sic)'s lips lifted in a hard smile, and he breathed in deeply. "I love your scent right now. Makes me want to do more than just get into your head.""

3. "You... can't be here. Not all of you." He put one hand out as if to push them all away and then he backed up. Except there was nowhere to go. He banged against a file cabinet. "Wrath, don't... my lord, please, don't... oh, God. Don't say it. Don't tell me...""

The WARDen also posted on facebook that she now knows whose book is next. But she hasn't said exactly who it is, but she did post it after the quote above so maybe that is a hint..... :banghead:
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Thanks, Una!

Here's my attempt at the quotes:

1. First guess is Rhage and Mary when they see each other the first time. He tells her to say anything in order to tame the Beast. However, it could also be Revh and Elehna with their..ahem..special phone call.

2. V and Jane? I think this was when V's was recovering from his surgery, but I'm not 100% sure.

I really, really, really hope it's Qhulay. Those guys have been put through the wringer and I'm sure worse is going to happen in Payne's book too. I can't see her writing Tohr's book. It's just too early for him. She could also try writing about the Shadows, but there's no info about them yet. I'll guess we'll wait and see, huh?

3. My guess it's Phury when he learns that he's been kicked out of the Brotherhood due to bad habit.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
una

Post by una »

Good guesses CG!!

No confirmation yet on who is next. Still, since she made the announcement after Tohr's quote, I'm thinking Tohr. But who knows!

1 = Rhage and Mary when they first met!
2 = V and Jane
3 = a most painful scene...it is Tohr...when the brothers came to tell him...about his Wellsie. :cry:

Today's quote:
""I don't care if you're her brother. You don't handle her like that. EVER.""

Hmmm.....
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

una wrote:Good guesses CG!!

No confirmation yet on who is next. Still, since she made the announcement after Tohr's quote, I'm thinking Tohr. But who knows!

1 = Rhage and Mary when they first met!
2 = V and Jane
3 = a most painful scene...it is Tohr...when the brothers came to tell him...about his Wellsie. :cry:
I totally forgot about Tohr. *smacks hand on forehead* That was such a powerful scene where my eyes welled up with tears. I had to close the book and finish crying before I could pick it up again. Maybe that's why I blocked it out. Did anyone find Z's book more painful the second time around or is it just me? I came into this series quite late (V's book was already out when I started) and had most of you guys to warn me about Z's dark past, which didn't affect me that much in my first read. I anticipated it, but it was still incredibly sad. I think his book really hit me the second time after I got to know him, Tohr, and Wellsie better my 2nd read.

Today's quote:
""I don't care if you're her brother. You don't handle her like that. EVER.""

Hmm...the only brother and sister pair we know are: Bella and Revh, Maryssa and Havers, and V and Payne. My first guess is it's is Z talking to Revh about Bella, but then again I can't remember if it's from Z's book or Revh's book. My second guess is Wrath talking to Havers about Maryssa but I can't remember if it's from Wrath's book or Butch's book. :banghead:
una

Post by una »

Oh, CG...you should know this one *hint hint* :twisted:
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

I just realized it while driving in the car!! It's the cop talking to Havers after Havers yells at Maryssa for being in the ICU-like room. *Gives pleading look to Butch and mouths "Sorry"*
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

First, I just wanted to say how much I loved that line between Rhage and Mary. One of my all time favorites.

Second, I asked a while back but no response...wondering if anyone has heard anything at all about this book by Ward coming out in June of this year? It's called The Rebel but I can't find any info on it at all!

Thank you Naureen!!