Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by nissanmama »

Ahhhh...a lesser-free book. Happy thought. I suppose we could always revisit the sympath colony. See who's got it in for Rhevenge now that the princess is gone. Maybe actual humans could pose a threat? A nosey reporter? One of Beth's old acquaintances? Oh I know! The Volturi vs. The Brotherhood? hehehe
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Here's the blurb from Ward's site:

Payne, twin sister of Vishous, is cut from the same dark, warrior cloth as her brother: A fighter by nature, and a maverick when it comes to the traditional role of Chosen females, there is no place for her on the Far Side… and no role for her on the front lines of the war, either.

When she suffers a paralyzing injury, human surgeon Dr. Manuel Manello is called in to treat her as only he can- and he soon gets sucked into her dangerous, secret world. Although he never before believed in things that go bump in the night- like vampires- he finds himself more than willing to be seduced by the powerful female who marks both his body and his soul.

As the two find so much more than an erotic connection, the human and vampire worlds collide … just as a centuries old score catches up with Payne and puts both her love and her life in deadly jeopardy.

Hmmm...it even sounds like there might be Bloodletter or his relative alive somewhere who is out seeking revenge? Of course the SV is poed too. To be honest, I'm more worried about V. I can't imagine what is going on in his head.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

nissanmama wrote:Ahhhh...a lesser-free book. Happy thought. I suppose we could always revisit the sympath colony. See who's got it in for Rhevenge now that the princess is gone. Maybe actual humans could pose a threat? A nosey reporter? One of Beth's old acquaintances? Oh I know! The Volturi vs. The Brotherhood? hehehe
Did I miss something? Were we told it would be lesser-free?
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

No, Twimom, we are just speculating. It would be nice though, wouldn't it?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

*Hangs head in shame* I've been very derelict in my duties.

Thanks CG for posting the blurb. Goodness, she changed the site again...it's much darker. Okay, I feel better...it seems she hasn't posted much, mind you I am checking the WARDen's posts specifically. Plus I know I owe you at least one chat transcript, if not two.

Here we go!
  • Muhrder will have his own book, she is not sure when.

Here is one I will not summerize from the WARDen: "Yes, yes, there is a threesome and V and Jane have lots of good, sexy scenes together and Unleashed is, according to my editor, HOT HOT HOT HOT!
    I was surprised she felt that way- but then I think of the scene with Payne and Manny in his Porsche and I realize... she's probably right"

A cellie asked about the two different series world's colliding/overlapping and how that works. Here is the WARDen's response: "Hi! Well... see at first I thought they would connect. Then I thought they wouldn't at all (especially with Lassiter). Then I thought, well... wait a minute...
    I don't really know lol I'm just sitting back and watching things play out. It's whatever the Rice Krispies want!"

Someone asked about what excerpt will be in the end of LUn. The WARDen implies it will be from the next Fallen Angels book, Envy since she says the hero of that book is in LUn. But she is going to talk to her editor.

She has absolutely no clue whose book is next. Even though she finished LUn.

A cellie asked if (she was arguing with a friend about a line from LM on whether V and Qhuinn had baked together or just with other men) V & Q and the WARDen said that they have individually baked with males, but not with each other.

Someone asked about the other cultures in BDB and if we'll see more of that mixing. The WARDen's response: "I can't wait to write Trez and iAm's books- the Shadows fascinate me- and the Brothers are not white as in caucasian, and neither are their females (although the Chosen certainly have pale skin as does Marissa)... but I know what you're getting at and I go where my Rice Crispies take me, so anything is possible"

A cellie asked since there are no male Chosen and Payne is mating a human, who will she feed from. The WARDen gave it a big 'ol KEEP READING!

From a chat, the WARDen said that three males are coming from the old country but wasnt' sure when we would meet them. The WARDen then posted later on in this discussion thread, that there are more than three.

A cellie asked who Muhrder was feeding from since it seems like Z, he is cut off from vampire society. The WARDen's response: "As far as I've seen, he's pulling a Z and feeding off of humans... but there's another part to the puzzle with him, as you may soon see. He and Xhex have something in common as it turns out *wince* "

I am going to post this cellie's posting and the WARDen's response in entirety because it is too well worded for me to destroy by summarizing:
    Question: "If I could, as a fan, ask the Warden for one thing, it would be a return to those basic, endearing elements I loved about the books in the beginning. Personally, I just don't want to read about a Torhment and No'One pairing because it's too predictable and--dare I say it?--boring. Part of what I loved about Wrath and Rhage and even V was how they found their shellans in the first place. Those first new introductions were so special and so much a part of the romance. The idea of Torhment & No'One to me, is like buying a ready-made tuna sandwich out of a vending machine. Likewise, I couldn't relate well to Xhex because (and I mean no offense to any of her fans, this is just my opinion), for one, it felt like she had already been put there waiting to be plugged into a slot, and for me, personally speaking, she was just too darned hard for that particular character. John was our baby that we got to watch grow up in this series, and that pairing always felt like such a mismatch to me. I think a woman can be powerful and strong without having a personality that can break glass. So I find myself looking forward to Tohr's discovery of somone new. Please Warden, give us a chance to start over with a girl that has never even heard of the Brothers before, and let us rediscover their wonderful world all over again.
    Many thanks for your time. "
    WARDen: "Hi there! Well... I'm sorry but I suspect you're going to be very disappointed in where things are headed. But maybe there will be another romance with other folks in the future you might like- there are definitely some new shellans coming soon!
    Best wishes, J.R. "

The WARDen is currently working on a "Slice of Life" about Rhage and Mary and then she plans on doing one for Wrath and Beth. She will try to get them out in a book form as soon as she can.

Another question from a cellie that I just have to post in entirety: "Hello Warden,
    I love the Brothers and thank-you so much for sharing their stories with us.
    I know that the Qhuinn/Blay love story has really ruffled some feathers. I was curious...
    How long do you think it will be before Qhuinn & Blay's Novella will come out? Also, are you afraid that the brothers will not show you who to write about next because they are standing by Qhuinn? Because they feel his story should be told next. "
    WARDen: "Well, to be honest, that thought has occured to me- my editor and I were talking about that very thing just last week... I don't know yet what we're going to do *sigh* "

The Muhrder we met in the "recollections" in LM was the father of the Muhrder that is living in LA in a sort of exile and has the assorted past with Xhex.

The WARDen would like to do another Insider's Guide but will wait until a few more books come out in the series.

She will be doing another Virtual Signing for the release of LUn. Here is the info:
    • The Lover Unleashed Virtual Signing is officially opened! Go to: http://shop.radcliff...-Signing_c2.htm and order as many copies as you'd like- and tell me who you would like me to personalize them to. The virtual signing accepts international orders and major credit cards, and all books will go out Tuesday, March 29th. The VS closes on Thursday, March 24- so make sure to get your orders in before then! Thank you for all your support, J.R.
    The WARDen doesn't listen to music when she is writing, too much of a distraction for her. But she listens to music when she works out and finds that scenes will clear up or fall into place while doing that.

Someone commented about the FB role playing going on. As I have posted before, they are doing this without WARDen's permission or blessing. Here is her response to a cellie asking if/why she hasn't had them stop:"Hi there- they are in violation of copyright law. I have never and will never give permission for others to use my intellectual property in this manner. FB has not been all that helpful, but my publisher has lawyers who can take care of it at the drop of a hat- and they are very aware of the situation. I've been resisting going the attorney route, however, because it's so unpleasant- and at the core, these are readers who enjoy the books. I really don't want to create problems if you know what I mean? "
TwiMom, I can't find quotes yet from LUn. I'll keep looking and post what I can when I find them.

ETA:

Oh my :shock: the WARDen is active on Facebook and that is where (on HER official page) is where the quotes are. Okay, going to try to get them in here.... They were originally going to be just Manny and Payne, but V was not having any of that... Also, she posted on there that DL is coming out in hardback later this year.
  • "As she came out of the darkness by her grave, she took a halting breath and nearly sobbed. There he was in the flesh. Her boss. Her colleague. The one she’d left behind. And he was standing over a black headstone that had her name carved in its face." (Jane)

"Scanning the inside of the club, he put his f*** filter on and began weeding through the women and the men and the couples. There was one and only one reason he’d come here, and it was the same for the other Goths in the place. This was not for a relationship. This was not even for companionship. This was all about the in and out..." (Qhuinn)

"He was utterly empty, to the point where he was curious where the ambulation routine was coming from, because he sure as f**k wasn’t doing anything consciously. Stopping and staring across the sluggish, stinking waters of the Hudson, he laughed cold and hard." (V)

""I would do anything for you. Anything.”
    With that, he pushed his way out . . . and as the door eased shut, she realized that I love you could indeed be said without actually uttering the phrase. Actions did mean more than words." (V)

"“Are you just going to watch, true?”" (V)

"Blay smoothed the duvet over his chest. A couple of times. “Do
    I . . . please you.”" (said to Saxton)

""No." He paused. "The idea you will someday score another male's skin with your teeth and take his blood inside of you makes me want to stab something."" (?)
That last quote above is today's quote...she is having us guess who said it (or was said to whom). She may also start posting random quotes from the previous books because she isn't' sure she has enough quotes for the month.

I think I may be missing some because my FB now skips her posts from Feb 16th this year to March 9, 2009. Grrrr... :banghead: :banghead: When I get it sorted, I will try to ensure you aren't missing any quotes.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

una wrote:""No." He paused. "The idea you will someday score another male's skin with your teeth and take his blood inside of you makes me want to stab something."" (?)
Wrath said that to Beth in the first book before he accepted that he needed her.
Banner by Fry
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Oh UNA thank you a thousand times! What great tidbits!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Una, thank you for sharing that! I love when you give us the updates, so thank u so much for finding and reposting it for us :)

Do you think that last one could be Manny talking to Payne? Since he's human...and she'd need to feed from another male?? Just a thought...

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Thanks for the updates, Una!
Here is one I will not summerize from the WARDen: "Yes, yes, there is a threesome and V and Jane have lots of good, sexy scenes together and Unleashed is, according to my editor, HOT HOT HOT HOT!
I was surprised she felt that way- but then I think of the scene with Payne and Manny in his Porsche and I realize... she's probably right"
First of all, I'm not that surprised there's a threesome. :twisted: Now I'm curious of who's involved. :think: Butch, V, and Jane? V, Jane, and Qhuinn? Payne, Manny, and Qhuinn? Payne, Manny, and a male vamp? Qhuinn, Blay, and Saxton? Any guesses out there?
From a chat, the WARDen said that three males are coming from the old country but wasnt' sure when we would meet them. The WARDen then posted later on in this discussion thread, that there are more than three.
I'm so lost. What does she mean by old country? Are we talking about pre-Brotherhood era? Could this be the next big bad?

I'm so sick of her and her Rice Krispies!

I'm sure that once we read and finish Lover Unleashed, we should be able to figure out who's book is next. The Ward is pretty obvious sometimes even though she may think she's being mysterious.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

cullengirl wrote:I'm sure that once we read and finish Lover Unleashed, we should be able to figure out who's book is next. The Ward is pretty obvious sometimes even though she may think she's being mysterious.
*snort*
Banner by Fry