The British thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Re: The British thread

Post by love_is_noise »

we have 4 pc's at home.....cause my dad allways get's given random peices of people and then builds them himself......and we have a gazillion at our school, there are arouns 1500 pupils and most departments have their own huge supply of computers or laptops or macs
but the english dep have apple mac's, which is stupid as we allways use word in englsh, but mac's are designed to be good at design software, not word processor....so they should use laptops, not macs!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
logiclee
Settled in Forks

Post by logiclee »

love_is_noise wrote:but the english dep have apple mac's, which is stupid as we allways use word in englsh, but mac's are designed to be good at design software, not word processor....so they should use laptops, not macs!
Yep, looks like the English Department are pulling a fast one, why would you need a Mac for word processing?

Nearly got a Mac last time as I use my home PC for RAW file photography editing as well as a Media Server. Thing is for the price of a high end Mac I was able to build a top spec Quad Core PC with 16gig of Dominator RAM, two 9800GTX graphics cards running in SLI and 2 Terabytes of HDD.

Mac's are great on specific applications and look the biz if you want to show off but you can build one hell of a PC for the same money.

When I was at School I took O level Computer Studies but we used BBC Model B computers running BASIC operating system. I'm 40 this year so I'll leave you to work out how long ago that was. ;)

Also bought a laptop for my wife last year but we hardly ever use it, the PC is downstairs with a 24" screen and it's far quicker and more comfortable to use than scrunched over a laptop with a 15" screen.
Is that because my eyes are going? :o :D

So talking of tech, any of us book loving Brits tried one of the electronic ebook readers like the Sony Reader yet?

Cheers
Lee
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

Nightrunner - I like how you use the term older! Glad I'm not in the 65 age bracket just yet! (33years to go and counting! LOL)

Anyways, I don't think age matters when it comes to Twilight. It seems to cross the age/sex divide the world over.

Jasper - Yeah it is Laura - well remembered ;)

Lee - All your computer talk far too technical for me! :lol: I just tried to post some Rob Pics and failed miserably - no idea what I'm doing. Avatars, Siggies, Banners, etc - no clue!

I have a sony e-reader. It is pretty nifty. Still wading my way through all the classics you get free with it. :)
Member of Rob's Halfway House
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

logiclee wrote:Nearly got a Mac last time as I use my home PC for RAW file photography editing as well as a Media Server. Thing is for the price of a high end Mac I was able to build a top spec Quad Core PC with 16gig of Dominator RAM, two 9800GTX graphics cards running in SLI and 2 Terabytes of HDD.

So talking of tech, any of us book loving Brits tried one of the electronic ebook readers like the Sony Reader yet?
Its quite wierd that i kinda understand all that computer stuff ;)
Im not allowed one of the e-readers, my parents say my book obsesion is costing them too much already... they figured out i spent 1000quid almost on books last year
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
logiclee
Settled in Forks

Post by logiclee »

nightrunner wrote:Im not allowed one of the e-readers, my parents say my book obsesion is costing them too much already... they figured out i spent 1000quid almost on books last year
I think I'll get a couple at Christmas time as both myself and my wife have always got something to read and she struggles a bit with heavy hardback books.
Never give up on books and keep your imagination alive. By day I can be highly stressed leading a team of 12 engineers working on 11000Volt equipment or sorting out budgets or payments. Get home and I can be walking on the surface of mars, gripped in the middle of a crime thriller or being pulled into the middle of a supernatural world.

Books are educational but they also take you into another world, they are a great escape, they relax and excite, open minds and keep the mind active and young.
Tell your parents books are a bit like taking drugs as you go to a different place, but unlike drugs books are healthy, educational and cheaper. :D
Just wish I could get my 10 year old Nephew a little more interested, I'd buy him every book he wanted if I could just spark the interest in him. Maybe in a couple of years I'll be able to entice him off my PS3 and start him borrowing some of my books instead.

Cheers
Lee
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

*runs in*

GUESS WHAT?!

I'm not British!

*runs out*
List, Gnat ♥
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

^^ we have told you before nice americans are allowed in our thread no need to run away
logiclee wrote: Tell your parents books are a bit like taking drugs as you go to a different place, but unlike drugs books are healthy, educational and cheaper. :D
Just wish I could get my 10 year old Nephew a little more interested, I'd buy him every book he wanted if I could just spark the interest in him. Maybe in a couple of years I'll be able to entice him off my PS3 and start him borrowing some of my books instead.
i might actually use that next time im in borders or whsmiths. My cousin in scotland is 10ish and she actually tells me what i should be reading and i do the same, she is like a child genius when it comes to English mind
ImageImage
Mafia Valentina Ricci
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

Helloes!

Lost in the computer-y talk.. :lol:

Nat, non-Brits are allowed to invade. :D
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

hiya everyone
another brit here!
how are you all?
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

heyhey :)
i am finne there is sun outside! and its a bank holiday weekend, something is very wrong

(i like how our thread is gaining more people rather than just me n people like jennininin n ayan etc.
how i miss dear rachel she was always posting on here)
ImageImage
Mafia Valentina Ricci