What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: What are you reading?

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I do not like The Luxe. But I'm only a hundred pages in and right now it looks like Gossip Girl in poofy dresses (double ick) so does it get better?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^ Essentially, it is. It actually has a fairly good twist at the end, but I won't read the next few. THey're far too girly for, they remind me of my mum's Victorian romance novels. Ugh.

On Lady Knight- Tamora Pierce. Not sure what I'll read next...
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

^^Well after Lady Knight comes Trickster's Choice of course.

I'm giving up on The Luxe cuz really, it is SOOO not my style. Which means that soon I can start Red Moon Over Sharpsburg
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Stay With Me.
I can't remember the author's name. But it's like a real-life book, and I'm never much into those ones so it's okay. I don't care for the author's style, things aren't very chronological even in dialog, so I get confused.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

I have just finished the fourth book in the Harry Dresden Series which starts with Stromfront and absolutly loved it. it is witty, intellegent and has really good plot twists. can't wait to get the next one when it gets into the library. i am just about to start the Boy In Striped Pyjama's which apparently is really sad.

if you liked the Luxe then i recommend that you read A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. it is a Victorian fantasy romance, and i loved it when i read it.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Thanks UnfreakinBelievable, that is definitely good news about SM! I was so hoping to be able to read another one of her books soon!

I finished Secret Life of a Vampire and the subsequent novel in the Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks, Forbidden Nights with a Vampire and they were really good. Can't wait until her next release in the series.

I also read the first book in a new series called the Marked series by S.J. Day. The first book Eve of Darkness was pretty good and I look forward to the next book. Very different mythology based on the biblical story of Cain and Abel which spawned the marked that work with angels and archangels to be the "bail bondsman" to go after those demons that have been judged. It is very interesting and it was a really good story.

Now I am reading The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy. I saw it recommended on an author's blog I follow. It is the first of three novels, not sure how long the series will be.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
blasphemous_contessa

Landiana wrote:I have just finished the fourth book in the Harry Dresden Series which starts with Stromfront and absolutly loved it. it is witty, intellegent and has really good plot twists. can't wait to get the next one when it gets into the library. i am just about to start the Boy In Striped Pyjama's which apparently is really sad.

if you liked the Luxe then i recommend that you read A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. it is a Victorian fantasy romance, and i loved it when i read it.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE The Gemma Doyle books. Libba Bray is my fourth favorite writer. I'm still in shock over the ending of The Sweet far Thing and I absolutely abhore The Luxe
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Ohmygosh.
I've read 13 books this summer...THIRTEEN!!!! Do you SEE how bored I am!?!?! :lol: :lol:
I've read the whole Clique Series (not including the summer collecton)
And I'm Now reading the Harry Potter series, and I'm on book 4, Goblet of Fire :D
But...School starts soon and I still have to read To Kill A Mockingbird and Dr. Jeckyll And Mr. Hyde.
And I'll tell you, Dr. Jeckyll And Mr. Hyde was written like in the 1800s or something so I have absolutley no idea what they're talking about from the first sentance... :? :roll: :lol:
blasphemous_contessa

You've only read Thirteen books this summer? I read 20 books in the last two weeks...actually more cuz I reread some of my old books when I ran out of library books.
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:You've only read Thirteen books this summer? I read 20 books in the last two weeks...actually more cuz I reread some of my old books when I ran out of library books.
You know why I love the Lex? Because peole here make me feel more normal :lol:
From my Twilight obsession, to book readers :lol:
A few of my friends like to read but I do it a lot more. :lol: