What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: What are you reading?

Post by debussygirl »

fanMNM wrote:I just finished Wings by Aprilynne Pike. It was pretty good and I liked to idea behind it very much! (I have to say though...the main female character being pulled between two great male characters is driving me crazy! Bella in New Moon, Laurel in Wings, Aislinn in Melissa Marr's series...wow!)
I know, I can't choose between the two guys in there! But I have a feeling she'll end up with Tam, because he's a faerie too and she's going to have to go back sometime. But I still like David.
So I got 2 books from the library, and it seems they have prequels that the cover didn't tell about. :| And I'm waiting for my ARC of Catching Fire to come, so I have no books to read at the moment.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Hysteria
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Hysteria »

I've just about finished reading city of glass by Cassandra Clare.
I'm going to start reading dead to the world by Charlaine Harris.
Team Carlisle~Patient
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

is the book wake good?
i have nothing to read i ahve read like everything.
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Well, from the back cover I didn't really want to read Wake, I mean, if she's going into dreams where people are having sex and stuff...not my kinda book.
I've heard from this book though that the writing is bad, but the story is good.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

maddy<3twilight wrote:is the book wake good?
I've read both Wake and the sequel, Fade. It is a trilogy and I can't remember when the last book comes out. The style of the writing is different, much more dialogue based. I'd say it is more for high school aged YA readers because there are some "scary" and "sexual" situations but nothing that I thought was overly graphic, but some of the more violent scenes were high on the suspense/frightening levels. I enjoyed the book. It took me a little bit to get into it, but I thought it was pretty good. The next novel was really interesting as well. Here is an excerpt from Wake. Maybe it'll help you decide. I got a copy from the library since this isn't a series I would buy, but I did enjoy reading the first two books.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I'm rereading Little Women for the millionth time since I was five, while I'm waiting for a chance to go to the library.

maddy<3twilight wrote: i have nothing to read i ahve read like everything.
Red Moon at Sharpsburg by Rosemary Wells. It is an AMAZING book, you'll love it.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
maddy<3twilight

una wrote:
maddy<3twilight wrote:is the book wake good?
I've read both Wake and the sequel, Fade. It is a trilogy and I can't remember when the last book comes out. The style of the writing is different, much more dialogue based. I'd say it is more for high school aged YA readers because there are some "scary" and "sexual" situations but nothing that I thought was overly graphic, but some of the more violent scenes were high on the suspense/frightening levels. I enjoyed the book. It took me a little bit to get into it, but I thought it was pretty good. The next novel was really interesting as well. Here is an excerpt from Wake. Maybe it'll help you decide. I got a copy from the library since this isn't a series I would buy, but I did enjoy reading the first two books.
thanks.
i think i can handle reading those "situations".
it think i will read it...

then i am going to order jenna's book.
once my dad lets me :S

edit:
hahah i loved the excerpt.
it was hilarious.
i am so going to read it...
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Currently reading This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen and I sooooooooooooooo want to read Dreamland by her. But my parents aren't fond of me wasting my money on books and music.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
maddy<3twilight

best_beating_heart wrote:Currently reading This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen and I sooooooooooooooo want to read Dreamland by her. But my parents aren't fond of me wasting my money on books and music.
haha thats all i spend my money on : P
books and music are my life
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

The Animals Dialogues, or something like that. It's my summer reading book so it's not like I care about it. I'd much rather read Marlfox. :\
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May