Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by Suzan »

:lol: :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:

I'm sorry to barge in here, but this is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read! Brenda and Kayla, thanks so much for pointing me in this direction. I haven't laughed, giggled, smiled, snorted and blushed so much in a long long time. I thank you all! I laughed so hard at your Blackbeard story, corona! Priceless!

I fear I might not be mature enough to be here on a regular basis and my knowledge of the English language is seriously put to the test with all the cryptic descriptions. But I do have a question:

We know certain foods can increase a humans "appetite" (oysters, strawberries and champagne, etc). So my question is does a vampire's diet influence the frequency and duration of the docking (to keep it in the brilliant sailor analogy)? Or for that matter the duration of the recruitment of new sailors? For example, let's say a vampire drank blood from a bunny. Would that be more potent than human blood in this situation? (Finally, an advantage of a vegetarian diet, hihi.) OR what if a vampire drank the blood of a man's best friend. Would that change the logistics of the docking process (the direction in which the tugboat leads the Edmund to the safe harbor)?

Snort, giggle, BLUSH... Sorry I had to ask. :lol: :oops: :lol:

p.s. Marielle, never mind co-workers. Try parents... :oops: :lol:
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Suzan, you nearly lost me there, it took me a while to correctly interpret "man's best friend". At least I think I have it right. We are talking about canines here? It's the only thing that makes sense, as there really is only one direction that truly matters. I was originally thinking you were talking about a man's best human friend and implying that the tugboat somehow became Steamboat Willie or something, a ship-to-ship question rather than a ship-to-shore one.

So that's really a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon kind of question? Does the veggie vamp absorb the ka, the very life essence of his prey, and does that ultimately affect physical intimacy? I wasn't expecting a question that bridged both scientific and spiritual aspects of the immortals, so I have to take that question seriously, but I need a confirmation first that I'm on the right track.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Suzan wrote:We know certain foods can increase a humans "appetite" (oysters, strawberries and champagne, etc). So my question is does a vampire's diet influence the frequency and duration of the docking (to keep it in the brilliant sailor analogy)?
I would say yes it does. After a hunt, a mated pair usually are um...up for a game of battleship... But let's say for vegitarians they watch their mate attack a large animal. Let's say the male watches his female run after a mountain lion. He gets to watch her gracefully attack her meal and watch the beauty of her while she feasts. For example, in Breaking Dawn, the mountain lion tore Bella's dress apart and made her revealing to Edward.

Let's take that scenario with a squirrel. How uneventful is that. "Oh look hun, the squirrel threw it's nuts at me." Not very headboard breaking.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

VolturiGirl wrote:Let's take that scenario with a squirrel. How uneventful is that. "Oh look hun, the squirrel threw it's nuts at me." Not very headboard breaking.
So if Edward then ate that bold little squirrel, what would he do next? That's the question. Does anyone have an answer?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Make good use of the nuts?

*runs away*
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Openhome wrote:Make good use of the nuts?
Ha ha ha!!

Vampires like to play battleship. It's second nature to them. Let's say the vampire who ate the squirrel thought it to be nasty; sure they played the game, but it wasn't exciting. Say said vampire ate an awesome bear or something that was exciting to catch. That vampire would be pumped with adrenaline...so what to do with all that energy? I'd say throw on some Marvin Gaye!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Snort, snicker, giggle. Oh Suzan, taking things to a new level! Yes, corona, I'm positive that's what she meant about style of docking, to help with the cryptic English idioms. And thank you for Winter's Bone. Heh, heh. :twisted:

Taking the question seriously: Stephenie was most clear that vampiric strength (also read: endurance) was not impacted by the type of blood consumed, but by whether or not any blood was consumed, although Edward and Jasper in Eclipse suggest that human blood provides a marginal advantage in strength. So I think that blood consumption of some type would be important for stamina. (Perhaps Edward avoided eating so long on Isle Esme to reduce urge and strength, so as not to break our girl? And let's note that they both ate well the day before the first night after.) I don't think type of blood would matter SO much, but more on that in a minute. I don't see a spiritual side to it, in seriousness, although it's good humor, and it seems more like vampires are attracted to different prey because of the vampire's nature, rather than imbibing the qualities of the animal.

But Stephenie was also clear that human v animal blood related to how able vampires were to conduct themselves civily and rationally. Perhaps human blood consumption might tend to lead toward rough docking? We could ask Emmett, he's not shy. :lol:

And BTW, I keep Twiquotes wallpaper on my Blackberry, and I noticed today, after yesterday's discussion about the significance of dark eyes, that I have had this Twilight quote up lately: "I'd noticed that his eyes were black - coal black." Snicker, snicker, coworkers undoubtedly wondering why I'm smiling so much today! Gonna keep that one up for a while now! (UP! Snicker, snicker.) :lol:
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Oh dear... See, I thought it wouldn't be a good idea for me to be here. LOL

First of all, let me say that it was very late at night when I came here and posted that question and I think my giggling-teenage-girl self came out. ;) I was reading the general agreement here that blood played a key role in the game of battleship (Teehee) and I was wondering if there would be a difference between "normal" vampires and vegetarian vampires. Then that got me thinking about different types of vegetarian meals and then bunnies and canines came out to play and it all got out of hand. :lol:
It was meant as more of a funny, rhetorical question and I wasn't really expecting a serious answer. Though I love to hear your thoughts.

So, yes corona, you were on the right track and I was talking about canines (if only I would have thought of that word :roll: ). No Steamboat Willie in sight. (And neither is captain Blackbeard. I know some people refer to him as the canine captain, but let me make it very, very clear that he does not play a part in this story! Yuck, now there's a disturbing mental picture. :shock: :sick: *shudder*)
smitten_by_twilight wrote:But Stephenie was also clear that human v animal blood related to how able vampires were to conduct themselves civily and rationally. Perhaps human blood consumption might tend to lead toward rough docking?
I like that theory. :lol: ;)

And I love the little squirrel story. :lol: Nuts, Teeheehee :rotfl:
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

smitten_by_twilight wrote:But Stephenie was also clear that human v animal blood related to how able vampires were to conduct themselves civily and rationally. Perhaps human blood consumption might tend to lead toward rough docking? We could ask Emmett, he's not shy
Hmmm, my fantasy about Sailing with Caius, Aro and Alec is getting a whole new dimensions with this... (big big big grin!!!)
Suzan wrote:but let me make it very, very clear that he does not play a part in this story! Yuck, now there's a disturbing mental picture. *shudder
LOL!!!!! Gods, there are some many ways of wrong images in that...

But to that eating theory...maybe this is nuts but I am think... The Cullens (except Carlisle) all claim that a vegetarian diet isn't as satisfying as a diet of human blood. quote Edward, "it sustains us but never fully satisfying' (or something like that)... So I take it to be able to keep to the diet they need something else to feel satisfied... I think that's why Emmett and Rose destroyed so many houses, they had a hard time keeping to the diet and took to other means to be satisfied...

Where as those who diet on human blood dock roughly but probably won't need to make port as soften to satisfy the needs of the captain...
smitten_by_twilight wrote: (Perhaps Edward avoided eating so long on Isle Esme to reduce urge and strength, so as not to break our girl? And let's note that they both ate well the day before the first night after.)
Yes, I think that's why Emmett and Jasper took him for a bachelor party! And Emmett insisted that Bella ate enough during the wedding (or was that in a fanfic story..gods I read too much fanfic to keep the true story appart from the smut!!).
corona wrote:Does the veggie vamp absorb the ka, the very life essence of his prey, and does that ultimately affect physical intimacy?
If that was so, if the vampire absorb the ka, Emmett would be eating rabbits all the time!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Suzan, I had originally copied your post out and stuck it in Notepad, that's where I usually do my composing in case something goes wrong with the submission so I don't lose everything. Man's best friend was in italics, which I didn't catch at first, and that should have made your question obvious. The fault was mine.

I suspected you were simply teeing the ball up for someone to take a swing. Honestly, I had a much longer post, but I then balked and cut it short and asked for confirmation. Now that I'm looking at it again, I'm glad I didn't post the whole thing. Stay too long in the Gutter and your sense of where that line is starts to get fuzzy.

Although it was pretty funny. I was in a CoD frame of mind (don't ask, wild horses, yada yada yada), but some thing aren't appropriate, or maybe you can squeeze them in but only after a long latency period. I'm backsliding again, I don't know what's wrong with me. There were only two wild horses, though, and neither one was in good shape, but I digress.

I agree that human blood is a more natural food and we know it provides slightly more energy, so it potentially helps a little more, but I think it's a tradeoff. I don't think the Volturi are quite as interested in length of time as the Cullens likely are.

And the Cullens do like predators more, so there is something to be said about the spirit of the animal. Frankly, though, my spiritual comments were a setup for some real gutter comments (not to be posted).

VolturiGirl, I agree that hunting predators is certainly a more sensual intro. The squirrel analogy was just too much, though, I couldn't have answered without going way overboard.

Smitten, Marielle, yup, I was thinking Emmett would be the one to give the true lowdown for that kind of question. Otherwise you have to perform a forensics operation on the indentations of the cottage floor (and maybe the walls), but I'm going to stop there.

P.S.
marielle wrote:Where as those who diet on human blood dock roughly but probably won't need to make port as soften to satisfy the needs of the captain...
Was that a typo? Even if it was, I'm not sure the meaning of the sentence changes, oddly enough.