The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

Post by bored by the sea »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:I may just implode if he texts me one more cryptic hint!
you should text him back a riddle thatll completely mess with his mind so he'll spend his time hinking about that instead :lol:

3 more days though everyone!!! whoop!
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Squeeeee...this time tomorrow I'll get my hands on the book. Yay I'm sooooo excited...

Vicky - 3 more days for you??? Dude...that's illegal hahahaha everyone should get their own copy on the same day that it's released. Aw anyway, hang on tight and count the days...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

TOMORROW MORNING!!!!!

I'll have the copy in my haaaaand. You guys won't believe this!! Today at work they opened the Mockingjay boxes and chickletted the books so they don't get stolen. I saw them and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I handled it so delicately in my hands like it was a fragile jewel!! I was the giddiest thing all day. My boss thought I was crazy. I saw my coworker/friend Sara and showed her and her face just glowed and all she could say was IT"S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't wait to read it tomorrow.My best friend's little sister just called me asking about it and if I can get it for her cuz she literally cannot wait one more day!!!!!!!! I know it'll be an awesome book worth waiting for xD
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Well, I've got Mockingjay. The midnight release party at the store near me was reasonable. We had little passports and did challenges to earn stamps. Here's a run-down of what we did.
Weapons - used a Nerf gun to shoot targets
Water - had to pick a card to get water supplies
Medicine - answer 3 trivia questions correctly
Food - choose to eithe answer a trivia question or pick berries (green = poison) from a bag
Matches - find 3 pictures of matches hidden in the store
Other - decorate cupcakes
Other #2 - make a fancy headdress
If you filled in your passport, you entered it in a draw for a signed copy!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

aahhhhh am SO jealous of you guys :mrgreen: its not released here until tommorow and ive got to work so shall be buying it before work, knowing that its in my locker just waiting for me to read it :lol: think our front covers different to yours it looks a little like flames. anyways happy reading everyone heres hoping it fulfills our expectations and more
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Shall we say at least two weeks before plot discussions start?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Is 2 weeks too long? Are you guys going to want to talk about it before then? Let's say we put a 1 week ban on plot points. If you would like to give a review before that time without spoilers then go ahead. Then NEXT WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 1st you can start talking about the book.

If anyone disagrees, then please pm me and we can see what we can do.

PS My book hasn't come in the mail yet :(
by Laniyeah on photobucket
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Okay, By next wednesday should be good... considering I don't have my book yet... I AM GOING CRAZY!!! I am never again going to order books off of Amazon that are new. Good thing though, I have several friends who have it now, and whoever finishes it first is going to lend me their book. Otherwise, I'll BURST!!! :lol: .... Actually... that's probably a true fact... I almost had a breakdown when I got home and I didn't have a book in hand... :shock: :?
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Yay I'm at work and the bookstore opens at 10am, I'll be having an early lunch to get my copy TODAY. I can't concentrate on my work...I'm really excited.

Yay 1 week before discussing the book is fine by me. It gives plenty of time for me to read the book atleast twice, that way more thorough discussion...

1 more hour and counting...

EDIT: I got my copy!!! And I've been a bad girl I took a peek and read the 1st line of the epilogue. Gah I know....but it's only the first line. Can't wait to get home and read the book. The bookstore gave freebies, I got a Mockingjay shirt (light blue with the print being the cover of the book) and a bookmark (with quotes from Katniss and the 3 books printed at the back). Yay....
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I'm going to bite my nails off until September 1st because I know no one who reads these1 I didn't even know Mockingjay was being released today, but by chance I decided to get Hunger Games (downloaded on my ereader).

I got Hunger Games Monday and read it in 4hrs
I got Catching Fire this morning and read it before and after work
I got Mockingjay today and read it in 5hrs
Did I mention I need to be up for work in a few hours?

I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep.