The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

Post by LadyDi »

dazzel and others, I am just so glad school hasn't started where I am, because I wouldn't be able to concentrate either.
I've read 2/3 of the book so far and had to go to bed because I was too tired and people were waiting up for me.
Looking forward to engaging discussion starting September 1. Thanks bac!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Bac I am for the Sept 1st discussion.

But I just wanted to say that I've read 6 chapters so far and it is soooooooooooooooo good!!! I wasnt able to pull an all nighter because my stomache decided to make me sick and spend half the night in the bathroom. I tried going to work this morning and I couldnt walk long enough to keep me steady, so I called out. I am now lying on the couch deciding if I should continue reading it now or take a nap. READ READ READ!!!! :lol: I love this series!!!!
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

YAY!!! I have my friend's copy now (she read it in one night)! Though, she gave it to me right when school started... yeah... no concentrating for me. I got a hundred pages read in between classes and when I wasn't busy... now I'm putting off homework to read it. The sooner I finish, the sooner I can focus on things that are considered important by other people... like school for example... :lol:
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I hear ya SethisMine and hope. I finished it today. My friend has said that she has read spoiler-free reviews and there was a mixed reaction. I was surprised. I thought it was just as good as the other two. (In other words, I loved it, though it's given me so much to think about!)
While we are waiting for the Sept 1 deadline, can we talk about related Hunger Games items? For instance, while at the bookstore, I saw several Hunger Games trinkets for sale, like t-shirts, buttons, and pins. Other than the mockingjay pin, which rocks but is costly, none of the other souvenirs made me desperate to buy them. Have any of you seen Hunger Games merchandise that you thought was worthy of purchasing?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

After all the excitement yesterday, I fell asleep after I got home from work. Yeah that sucks!!! I manage to read chapter 1 and then the dreamland calls to me and I can't resist anymore. I don't want to cram the book and in my work bag and had the covers damaged so I had to wait again tonight to read it. Hopefully I'm not too tired when I get home tonight.

LadyDi, sadly we don't have any Hunger Games merchandise on sale here. It sucks, a fellow lexling and friend (Vicky) pointed me at Hot Topic website I really like the Mockingjay pin but it cost way to much and the shipping fees will cost twice as much. Gah!!!
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I'M FINISHED!!! :D

I could not resist buying the Mockingjay pin, and though it is a little on the pricey side, I think it was well worth the money. I've worn mine everyday for the past... I don't know, since I got it. :D It's really good quality, and I can testify that it is of a better quality then the Scholastic's one. :D It is by far one of my favorite accessories.

My friend also bought the necklace (since she doesn't wear pins) and I love it as well. :D

I just made a Mockingjay Banner, since I was in the mood to do so, and it's pretty. :D Unfortunately, I don't want to use it quite yet... just in case... :(
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I gave my sister my copy yesterday morning and am ITCHING to get it back for a reread, but she doesn't read as fast as I do and actually has a life.

September 1 better roll around soon i feel like I might explode!
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I've turned to posting on hungergamestrilogy.com so I had a place to vent lol
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I looove Mockingjay. Can't wait until Sept. 1. I know this thread will be too crowded by then...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

I FINISHED IT YESTERDAY!!! I had a stomache thing going on so I called out of work, so I stayed in bed and read the book. I was possessed :shock: I can't wait till Sept !!!!!
LadyDi - I bought the Hunger Games keychain yesterday. It was 3.99$ and I got it free cuz I had $5 in Borders bucks :D And now it decorates my store keys hanging from my pocket. DISTRICT 12 REPRESENTING!!!! Hahahha Also where is this Mockingjay pin??? Can I get the link for it and for the necklace???? I want to get the pin for my Borders badge and the necklace just for the heck of it :D

Also loved the book!!!! I'll give my opinions on what I liked and didn't like Sept 1, but until then Viva La Revolution :D