The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

Post by spookybell »

That is very interesting. When I finish the book I am reading now, I am going to re-read Hunger Games & Catching Fire. I understand how Katniss would need to always think of herself (and family) herself. I am going to pay attention to how it transpires to Kat taking care of others.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Ditto to spookybell. I need to re-read before I can comment.
However, wasn't her first act, to volunteer in her sister's place, more for her family before herself?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Yes indeed, Katniss' first and immediate reaction was, without hesitation, to take Prim's place.

(I am reading "Gregor the Overlander" now... not as good. Not even close)
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

yeah, her first reaction to having a family member threatened. To me it seems like Kat sees her closest loved ones as an extension of herself. It would hurt mor eto watch Prim suffer than to suffer herself. So her selfless act is also a little bit selfish (but what isn't)
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I can understand how Katniss feels though. I wouldn't be able to let anything bad happen to those I love. She has a protective characteristic, that I admire. Everything she does is for the survival of herself, and her family and friends. Of course she seems quite a bit selfless, but I think that if I was in her position, I would feel the same way. I would hate thinking that my actions would bring around downfall or hurt to someone I love, and to someone who doesn't deserve it.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

here's an interesting Hunger Games fanfiction. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4767311/1/T ... thers_Eyes it's Peeta's POV in the first book but in a totally non redundant way
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^I read that it's SO GOOD! I wish it were finished, I want to read the rest so bad! I love being in Peeta's head.
Haha...I actually posted my very first fanfic today, and it's for Hunger Games. It's Haymitch telling it with his own flashbacks. I only have 2 chapters up, but I plan on updating it at least once a week.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5804480/1/Afterlife
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
blasphemous_contessa

I clicked it, I'll get to it as soon as I finish my serials.

does anyone know of any good Gale or Prim centric stories?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

No, I've looked for a Gale one, but the one I found I didn't really like. :?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I've started reading Hunger Games again. I'm just at the beginning where Katniss is jumping in front of Prim.

So far I notice, knowing what is going to happen, I am far more emotional, lol
Seeing Katniss with Gale in the beginning - she see's him 100% as a good friend, similar to a cousin. There is no love, lust, desire, nothing... just respect and a bit of judgment. I remember thinking this when I first read it.

I have not researched the book really, just read it. I CAN say that, I feel quite certain that Suzanne Collins knew exactly where she was going to end up in book 3... it is set up from the very beginning, quite clear as day.

We have not met Peeta yet.

It is also crystal clear that Katniss' priority is 100% taking care of her family, especially of her sister. Even when she is so pissed off and angry adn practically hating her mother, there is no thought of abandoning her. She is generally selfless with her family.