The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Post by pennybug84 »

So we FINALLY have a Katniss for the movies. Jennifer Lawrence was cast. Never seen any of her movies. But Suzanne Collins said that she's perfect for the role. So that gives me hope she'll be good & be able to do the role justice. Here's the article with the announcement.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

She looks pretty enough. Now, how hardcore is she?

*sees the Alex Pettyfer rumors* WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :D
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

JLaw is hardcore and an oscar nomination for Winter's Bone. Check YouTube if they have any clips.

I'll scream if Alex gets Peeta. He's an ego maniac and reports say he's demanding excessive money and is just a big ol' jerk.
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

So I have not read these books but I am considering it now that Jennifer has been cast. That chick is hardcore no doubt. Watch Winter's Bone... Or read it. I haven't read it yet either but plan to because I am sure the book will be much more detailed! Only reason I have waited to read Winters Bone is the day I went to the book store to buy it I decided I was not in the mood to pay the 10 or 15 bucks or whatever it was because I have become completely spoiled by FREE fanfiction.

But AmandaBeth honestly hearing bits and pieces about your HG fics is the main reason I want to read those books too. It would be just plain silly to read the fanfic's first.... right? What site do you post those on?

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

And, AB, which site are you on for Hunger Games?
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Kayla: Mockingjay.net run by Kimmy (His Golden Eyes)

Stella don't read the fics first! It's just an alternate ending to the last book and it'll RUIN everything! And wait until everyone is cast (or at least Peeta) so you don't have the problem the rest of us have with imaging someone different. I'm still stoked about Jennifer but obviously we all picture the characters differently. I myself actually haven't read ANY THG fics! The reason I wrote my own ending is because...a forewarning, the ending of Mockingjay BLOWS. People have printed out my ending and put it in their books and pretend its the end LOL. I'll probably never write anymore fics for it though unless it's a Peeta POV of the events--I've written one of those. I can't imagine THG AH fanfics -- well, they ARE human, but I guess 'modern day' fanfics. K&P are from a different lifetime and one that made too much of an impression on me. They are who they are because of that world--I could never take them out of it.

Another warning: I read all three books in 48 hours. I'm ten times more obsessed than I am with Twilight.

Okay /end ramble
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: *sees the Alex Pettyfer rumors* WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :D
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO!

I REALLY don't want him as Peeta!! I'll be REALLY ticked if he is cast. :banghead:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

But he's pretty!
That's all I really care about, because I'm shallow like that. >.>
No, not really. I've just been arguing with my friend about whther he should be Peeta or that Jace person in City of Bines/Glass/whatever. But are there better options out there? I really haven't been aying attention to almost any casting debate except for the Hobbit.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Peeta isn't supposed to be pretty or hot or handsome. It's his personality -- his kindness -- that's so attractive to people. We need a 'cute' Peeta, not a hot one. Gale is the one who is supposed to be gorgeous.

Two words: Hunter. Parrish.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Amanda Beth, I just read your fanfic with the alternate ending. It was excellent. Thank you for sharing your ideas. It made me fall in love with Peeta all over again. Sigh.
by Laniyeah on photobucket