Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by bac »

This thread is for Book Addicts. Discuss Books, book buying habits, anything related to your love (or obsession) of books.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by psugar »

I beg my parents for book money and to go to the book store, I split my shopping money in half, so there is about $50 is my book fund. I read books in a maximum of 2 days. It only took me two days to read the last HP book. I seriously read whenever I can, but now it includes alot of fanfics, since my mom only lets me go to the book store about once a month and I can only get one book.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I love books! I'm so glad this thread is up, because we have that "what are you reading?" thread, but this will be a great place for discussion.
I am pretty much a devoted Barnes and Noble girl, mostly because the Borders near my house is next to the mall, so the parking lot is crowded, and my family gets me gift certificates to B&N. But I usually only get books on Christmas and my b-day, unless an amazing book is coming out (like when HP, the Twilight books, Catching Fire, Inkspell, ect came out) because I kinda need to save money for college and stuff like that.
But the library is awesome! I love it. Free books. If they only had a better selection of cds, it would be heaven.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I love books. Everyone at the local library knows me by name, face, library card number, and genre of choice. And I've only been here for a little more than a month, I don't get to buy books as much as I like but my mom has already promised me that I can yuse her card to buy two books as a christmas present.

I used to spend my first paycheck each month on books, and the secodn on groceries and rent, but my spendign habbits have gotten a little more responsible, but there are just so manyy books I want.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

i loveee reading! ive read a lot of great ya books in the past, and i like that ive read a variety....
most books that i choose i tend to like, i dont know what it is, whether im easy to please when it comes to books, or that i pick really good books :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Reading is amazing. It just takes me away.
I buy a new book at least every week. It's obsessive at this point.
I read them over and over, and my room has 4 bookcases.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Hyvanna
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Hyvanna »

I only like gettin books that is in a serises so that means im never up todate on the newest books only a few books iv waited for the next book an that is Brising (now waiting for the 4th) H.P. Deathly Hollows and InkDeath, I so love Forgotten Realm books some of them can get costly have to serch the net for complet serises or put serises togather usly starts if I find one at :shock: a yardsale or goodwill gotta resque it. It's a Forgotten Realm book it cant waist away in a garage or second handstore :shock: tho I haven't read all of them yet. Anything with Dragons, Spellcasters and everything inbetween I want it, cant aford it all but i want it :lol: When me an my hubby goes to like Wal-Mart I like stoping by the books I may start buyin one bye one books but I like to have an Advencher last me a while..besides the fact that im a slooooow reader.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

@derek
danggg! thats a lotta books!
what kinda books are you into? all kinds im guessing?
@Hyvanna
nicenice! yardsales are always good! :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I have found some wonderful treasures at second hand stores and yard sales. I don't tend to keep them, though. I like to write a note in the cover and then give them away. I often wonder if anyone ever reads the note I left behind. I am a classics kind of girl and am very choosy about the books I finish. Many of the books out there are poorly done re-hashes of older, better stories. I really hate that.
Hyvanna
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Hyvanna »

Humm... Openhome now ill prolly go thro some of my books an see if any has notes from prevous owners iv never looked i go straight for the advencher or put them on the self for later I NEVER peek before time im a start to finsh reader, so thankya ya gave me something new to lookfor.. I did get a note from someone I bought some books off of over the net but it was in the box he/she sent the to me in their towns newpaper and 2 extra books saying if i enjoy this one book i'd enjoy this one so that was awesome 2 free books heck yeah.