Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards_Bella
Learning to Love Green

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by Edwards_Bella »

I'm currently reading the saga again for the 5th time. I'm the type of person that when i read i immerse myself in the book, i love to create the scene. I find, when choosing a book, i'll read the first 2 chapters and if i'm unable to 'be in the book' i won't get it. By that i mean if i can't imagine the words and make it real in my head i won't get it.
<3 Look after my heart - I've left it with you <3
Click on the egg
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

I agree, I have to be able to picture the book clearly to like it... I always flip to the cover, look at the drawing of the person, flip to the words, and like it better. 'Cause I have such a big imagination, and I hate books with lots of pictures. Like, c'mon, I have a brain!
Except for The Invention Of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Last year around October 2009, our country was hit hard by a typhoon. Hard rain and flood for almost a week, no electricity for almost a month. Anyway as usual what comes up after calamity are people having panic attacks, specifically panic buying for groceries. So one night after I got off from work, there's another news that another typhoon was about to hit us so I decided to buy groceries in case of emergencies. The grocery store near our apartment happens to stand right beside the bookstore. Since it was still early I decided to step into the bookstore first and 'scan' through potential books that might interest me (taking note of the word scan not buy).

I don't really know what happened, one minute I was entering the bookstore, with my ipod in hand trying to find a good song to match my mood, and the next thing I know I was exiting the bookstore with a book in tow. A book which is not in my budget and which cost 3 times more than the grocery I intended to buy. *Deep Sigh* So I went home empty handed of groceries, put plastic cover on my new book, locked my bedroom door, turn off the light, turn on my bed lamp, curled in my bed, hug my favorite pillow and started reading my unexpected compulsive extravaganza. I figured my brother wouldn't let me go hungry when the typhoon strikes.

Good thing it didn't hit our country...*Whew*

The product of my excessive compulsive buying extravaganza that night: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Dazzle 21 glad the storm missed your town. That would be very scary. I haven't read the book that you picked up but it is on my list of reads.
Banner by TammyAZ
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Dazzle 21 glad the storm missed your town. That would be very scary. I haven't read the book that you picked up but it is on my list of reads.
Thanks! You wouldn't believe how scary it was last year. Anyway The Hunger Games you should try reading it. It's really good, if your into hearts stopping, page turning type of book. The sequel is also out Catching Fire and the third book is said to come out this year around August. Plus this book is highly recommended by Stephenie Meyer, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed like me...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

Dazzle~ I'm so glad the typhoon missed you! That would have terrifying. *shudders*
Ooh, I lovelovelove the Hunger Games! :D :D

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I too love HG....but I got two hours of sleep after working graveyard to fnish the 6th Maximum Ride, it's in the forefront of my book thoughts right now. I'm still Team Fax whatever James Patterson has to say.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

I kinda wanna read Maximum Ride... my friend says he loves it, and he's generally right. ...But I can't find it anywhere...

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Maximum Ride is awesome, you definitely need to read it Hannah.
I myself need to get the third book.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

I'll look for it...

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)