Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by clpviolet »

virre wrote:I just finished my first Stephen King book, the dead zone. I think the writing was just amazing! I was absolutely riveted. I am considering diving into some more Stephen King, but there are so many to choose from. Has anyone in her read much in the King world? i need some suggestions on what to continue on :)
I have read "the Green Mile" and as usual the book is not interpreted exactly the same when made into a movie, so if you have seen the movie and would like to read that one, your definitely in for some suprises. I actually liked that they didnt put the stuff that they left out of the book, cause the book seems a lot sadder in some parts. In other words I liked the movie ending better than the book ending :oops: .
I am still half-way through reading "the Shining". I made the mistake of watching the movie before reading the book! :lol: :oops: :roll: Since then, I either haven't had the guts to get back to it or just haven't had the time.
I bought two of his other books "Pet Semetary" and "It"....needless to say I am working on it :lol: If I can work up the nerve I'll be sure and let you know!!lol :lol: :oops:
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Virre~The Dark Tower series is really good. I read them when I was 13, but I really should read them again.

I'm currently waiting on my library so I can read Bel Ami and Water For Elephants. (They don't have either book so they are getting them from a different library.) Has anyone read either of them? I don't know too much about Bel Ami, but everyone that I've asked has said Water for Elephants was fantastic.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

thanks for the tips ♥midnight_sun♥ and clpviolet! But i think Stephen King will have to take a turn on the back burner. I just saw the movie Atonement and it was so sad that it made me want to read the novel that its based on, by Ian McEwan.
i am probably going to read it anyway :P but has anyone here read it?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I'm trying to hunt down an ARC for Spells by Aprilynne Pike.
There's a contest I know of to win one, but I'd rather put in as little effort as possible. :lol:
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am also a book addict. I actually rather read than watch tv. My only time is when my two lil ones go down for bed at night so it takes me a little longer to read. I just finished up a fanfic that was recommended and now I am going to start reading Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult. I use to read anything and think it was a good book till I actually fell in love with a story which of course was Twilight Saga. Never had I had so much emotion when I was reading a book and that made me reevaluate what I like. Twilight will probably be hands down my favorite. I usually don't keep books b/c once I read them however I do own Twilight Saga in hardback so I could pass them down to my daughter and hopes she will pass them down to her daughter. I like old things so I think that would be really cool if it was passed down. I am realizing I no longer like the slap stick type of books where there is no depth to the them. Hope I made sense on the point I was trying to make.
Banner by TammyAZ
Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

Hello my nickname is Snowstone and I'm a book addict.

And I'm looking for my next fix. The last books that got me hooked up and manage to have a good romance (so I can dream since I don't have any in my life :( ), fantasy and a good story.
I loved The Host, although almost gave up, because the story was a bit slow in the begging, but my patience paid off, and got my fix. Then read Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, liked it, but there was something missing. So after that I re-read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but now don't know what to read.

Fantasy and/or Sci-fi with romance and a good story, any tips? For the last weeks every time I went to the local book store I just stared at the books, not knowing what to buy, I don't like buying blind, and then get disappointed or give p on the book, I want something that hooks me up like Harry Potter and Twilight did, I had to know what happen next, I love when a book hooks me so bad that I don't want to do anything else but read.
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

As far as Sci Fi goes, I'm a fan of Timothy Zahn, particularly Manta's Gift, Angelmass, and the Icarus Hunt. I also enjoy some Robert Heinlein; The Moon is a Harsh Mistress was one of my favorites a long time ago, though I wonder how dated it would seem now. I also recommend for the romantic elements Richard Matheson, particularly Bid Time Return (made into a movie called "Somewhere in Time") and What Dreams May Come. And then there's Jack Finney's Time and Again, that's a really good one.
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

I have finished reading The Vampire Diaries (1 & 2) and I am now on number 3.
I love LJ Smith's books, I think she is an amazing author.. her books are my style of what I like... I like anything along the lines of he books.. plus all older literature... but I am running out of books to read!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

i just got the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" book. My new misson in life is to read all the books suggested in this book! ^^
Anyone els have it? maybe someone in here is already working on it? :D
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

Book Addicts Anonymous, eh? I like the sound of this thread. I have more books than shelves. Not reading anything new at the moment. Too busy with school. I'll probably read New Moon again before the DVD comes out so I can compare and scrutinize.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.