Book Addicts Anonymous

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Book Addicts Anonymous

Post by vampyre_princess »

dimber wrote:
vampyre_princess wrote:
It takes me 6 hours to read the HP series, 2 hours to read Twilight Saga, and about 2 hours to read the HoN series. So I read really quickly and I take it all in, I've run out of books and I'm not allowed anymore money to go buy more. I have to keep reading King Lear by William Shakespeare and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte over and over for my A2 English!!
:o How can you possibly read the whole HP series in 6 hours????? It's less than one second per page...come on :shock:
I don't know, well I think it's about 6 hours... wel it's not far off, I'm just really quick, I HATE watching TV and I never went to the Cinema before I watched Twilight there... and I didn't really like watching DVD's or Videos so I've read forever so I just get quicker now.... Sorry!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Yeah, I read really fast, too. I don't know about all seven Harry Potters in 6 hours. But I did read the first three between gettign home from school and dinner time when I was about nine-years old. Which is I guess maybe 2 and a half or three hours.

Anyone read any good Buckminster Fuller recently?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Wait, you could read all 7 HP books in 6 hours????? How does that work? How can you read each book in less than an hour?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Post by carranzaya »

It sound unbelievable, but i know it can be done, i mean read as faster as vampyre_princess and blasphemus_contessa does, i have heard some people practice a method to read that fast, now i cant remember the name, but others seem to have born gifted with it, congrats girls!!!

For me there was no way i could have done such thing, took me a month read the whole HP saga, and i did it on the computer cause i havent buy the book yet those days, it was for a christmas, i think it was 2005. I really enjoyed it, J.K Rowling is an amazing writer.

English is not my first tongue, so, it was kind of hard at the beginning, cause my first reading in this languaje were Jane Austen novels, after that i read HP, and then...well a lot of dearest ones Twilight Saga among them.

So, congrats Vampyre_princess and Blasphemus_contessa, must be pretty amazing have that ability.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

debussygirl wrote:^^Wait, you could read all 7 HP books in 6 hours????? How does that work? How can you read each book in less than an hour?
Well about that
carranzaya wrote:It sound unbelievable, but i know it can be done, i mean read as faster as vampyre_princess and blasphemus_contessa does, i have heard some people practice a method to read that fast, now i cant remember the name, but others seem to have born gifted with it, congrats girls!!!

For me there was no way i could have done such thing, took me a month read the whole HP saga, and i did it on the computer cause i havent buy the book yet those days, it was for a christmas, i think it was 2005. I really enjoyed it, J.K Rowling is an amazing writer.

English is not my first tongue, so, it was kind of hard at the beginning, cause my first reading in this languaje were Jane Austen novels, after that i read HP, and then...well a lot of dearest ones Twilight Saga among them.

So, congrats Vampyre_princess and Blasphemus_contessa, must be pretty amazing have that ability.
Yeah, It's not that good though as I have read all the books I posses and cause I read them so fast I've been banned from spending anymore money on books, I have insomnia aswell so I read then over and over!!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

i
ve been reading all my life since I can remember but I can't read that fast and honestly don't want to. I focus alot on what I read, sometimes I go back to the previous paragraph or page to get a broader idea of what's going on. i looooooooove books now.

What I'm reading now: New moon (re-reading), Nightlight ( it's a Twilight parody), Book two for the House of night series for P.C Cast (I think it's Untamed right?? I haven't opened it in a couple of days), ALice i have been (it's an advanced reader's copy I got from work by Melanie benjamin. It's about Alice in Wonderland but in her later life and what happens to her). Da Vinci Code (rereading).

Planning to read: The Lost Symbol, Book 3 in house of Night, Eclipse (reread), Water for Elephants, Mysterious bendecit Society (it's an independent Readre book for preteens), Shadows of the Wind for Carlos Ruiz Zafon (he is just amazing) and many other

Just for fun: Hi my name is Hope and I am a Book Addict :lol:

Loves
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Wow... and I was horrified/proud of myself for reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon in 2 days last weekend. I read it on my Kindle, I think the book is nearly 700 pages. I was supposed to be studying for finals... which is why I am now up at 3am on a Tuesday cramming and freaking out :roll:

I read each Twilight book in a day too because I was so sucked into it!

My reading comprehension, which is usually fantastic, starts slipping if I blow through a book too fast... like I did with Outlander. It was a lame stalling thing I was doing to put off studying so as I was frantically reading so that I could finish and start studying (don't worry.. I am in therapy :lol: ) I wasn't reading as closely as I normally do, so I will have to reread it before I move on to the next in the series. But I'm fine with that, because I really enjoyed the story and am looking forward to really getting into it on the reread.

But seriously, 7 books in 6 hours... I do find that hard to believe... there is no way you could actually be reading every word is there? A lot of those speed reading techniques are about learning how to scan a page quickly and tricks like that. Careful you don't strain your eyes!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

xhopeonaropex wrote:i

What I'm reading now: New moon (re-reading), Nightlight ( it's a Twilight parody)
Is Nightlight good, or is it like disrespectful? Because I read an excerpt from another parody, and it was just really disrespectful. I mean, I love parodies because nearly everything can and should be laughed at, but I think there's always a line. And a lot of people are just really disrespectful to Twilight now in their parodies, I think so I was just wondering.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I have always been a bookworm (even back in elementary school I was always one of the students that read the most books.) It's my fav thing to do. Now that I'm older I'm actual grateful that my mom never bought us a gaming system or computer (got first computer when was about 18) and so I'm not addicted to any types of games, instead I have a love reading. And I love reading new books & discovering new stories & authors (that's how I came to read Twilight was by a suggestion from my sister-in-law.) Right now I just finished rereading The Hunger Games & will start rereading Catching Fire. But after that I'm not sure what I'll read next. (if you have any suggestions what I should read next I'd love any help.) These last 6 months or so I have been reading like crazy (looking for a job & not in school) and I have loved it. I counted up all the books I can remember and in the year 2009 I have read over 20 books!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

I just finished my first Stephen King book, the dead zone. I think the writing was just amazing! I was absolutely riveted. I am considering diving into some more Stephen King, but there are so many to choose from. Has anyone in her read much in the King world? i need some suggestions on what to continue on :)